Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Chevrolet Delivered Incomplete/Incorrect Carbon Fiber Aero Pkg

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 08:32 PM
protouring1
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Huh...? The dealership took pictures of your car on the hauler and it already had the OEM splitter installed? That's not normal and definitely not something GM just decided to do. We just received 3 Z06's and none of them came with the splitters installed. 2 of the 3 were Z07 and again, they've never had splitters installed.

It's really weird to hear that your car somehow had parts installed that no other car has been shipped with.
I am a little confused myself. However, one of the first people to respond saw another Z07 at a dealership equipped this same way, so I am not sure what is going on. But the general manager is a long-time friend, and he is adamant that it showed up that way. He thought it was very odd as well because it was the first one to show up this way at their dealership.
Old 04-18-2024, 08:33 PM
protouring1
Advanced

Originally Posted by CaryBob
That is very weird! The plant isn’t supposed to install splitters or to ship cars with splitters on them. The dealer is supposed to install the splitters. Normally, I’d say the dealership grabbed the wrong splitter to install, but your case is truly unique if the plant really did do it.
I am a little confused myself. However, one of the first people to respond saw another Z07 at a dealership equipped this same way, so I am not sure what is going on. But the general manager is a long-time friend, and he is adamant that it showed up that way. He thought it was very odd as well because it was the first one to show up this way at their dealership.
Old 04-19-2024, 11:15 AM
MarZZ
Racer

Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts

I went on a mesuem delivery with a buddy in September. In the excitement of picking up his 70th annv Z06 we didn't check squat, just smiled and high fived. On the way home we noticed he didn't get the exposed carbon spoiler accessories. THEN last week he got a letter from GM that said we believe you car left the factory without the engine apperance package. He forgot he had checked that box and they were not installed. Now he has to send pictures and a letter stating he didn't get them. We will see.
Old 04-19-2024, 03:47 PM
protouring1
Advanced

Originally Posted by MarZZ
I went on a mesuem delivery with a buddy in September. In the excitement of picking up his 70th annv Z06 we didn't check squat, just smiled and high fived. On the way home we noticed he didn't get the exposed carbon spoiler accessories. THEN last week he got a letter from GM that said we believe you car left the factory without the engine apperance package. He forgot he had checked that box and they were not installed. Now he has to send pictures and a letter stating he didn't get them. We will see.
The moral of the story for Chevrolet is that if you are going to sell a vehicle this expensive, the expectation for quality and customer service is elevated.
Old 04-19-2024, 04:02 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,409 Likes on 612 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by protouring1
I just took delivery of my new Z06 with the Z07 package last week after a 17-month wait. I ordered my car with the Carbon Fiber Aero Package, which specifies the car should come with;

Visible carbon ground effects (front splitter and rockers)
High-wing spoiler
Dive planes

My car is missing the visible carbon fiber front splitter and is equipped with a carbon flash front splitter and carbon fiber dive planes. I mentioned this to my dealership, and they began what looks like a long, drawn-out process with Chevrolet, as they were initially told that is just how it comes. What they delivered is not what I ordered.

Has anyone else had this issue recently?
It's an obvious mistake by the assembly process and I'm sure it will get rectified by GM.
Old 04-19-2024, 04:09 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Contributor

Thank you! The dealership provided photos of the car coming off the truck and it was oddly already installed. Evidently, this is something they are doing now. However, Chevrolet has admitted it is their fault, and they have promised to address it. Unfortunately, the passenger seat had defective leather as well. So, they have agreed to replace the passenger seat as well.
These cars NEVER come off the truck with ANY front splitter installed, even if no front splitter is ordered, the body colored filler panels (for lack of better words) are dealer installed. ALSO, when the car comes off the truck you can't even see that part of the car for the white cover protecting the car. I watched an Eray unload at our local dealer 2 days ago. Splitter was inside the car.
Old 04-19-2024, 04:19 PM
robob
Racer

Received 126 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Glennm27
These cars NEVER come off the truck with ANY front splitter installed, even if no front splitter is ordered, the body colored filler panels (for lack of better words) are dealer installed. ALSO, when the car comes off the truck you can't even see that part of the car for the white cover protecting the car. I watched an Eray unload at our local dealer 2 days ago. Splitter was inside the car.
Did you read the whole thread? It's been pretty well established that for some odd reason it arrived with LPO parts installed.

Y'all take care,
Robert
Old 04-19-2024, 08:01 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,899 Likes on 4,285 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

The moral of the story for Chevrolet is that if you are going to sell a vehicle this expensive, the expectation for quality and customer service is elevated.
Except people got on lists years ago & continue to do so knowing full well the level of quality & customer service. There's zero incentive for Chevy to change as long as people continue to do this.
Old 04-20-2024, 10:48 AM
bub
Safety Car

Received 198 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Huh...? The dealership took pictures of your car on the hauler and it already had the OEM splitter installed? That's not normal and definitely not something GM just decided to do. We just received 3 Z06's and none of them came with the splitters installed. 2 of the 3 were Z07 and again, they've never had splitters installed.

It's really weird to hear that your car somehow had parts installed that no other car has been shipped with.
Do the splitters, rockers, wing? ship inside the car's interior or ship loose via Fed Ex, etc?
Old 04-20-2024, 11:59 AM
jswatek
Burning Brakes

Received 197 Likes on 129 Posts

The z07 wing is definitely factory installed. The incorrect splitter I saw at the dealer may have been attached by the dealer but the factory shipped the wrong parts. I don't know.

Last edited by jswatek; 04-20-2024 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-29-2024, 05:01 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Contributor

It's an obvious mistake by the assembly process and I'm sure it will get rectified by GM.
Service Bulletin #PIC6545 has been released to rectify this issue.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2024...uCjk6W85Zt-aCL
Old 04-29-2024, 10:34 PM
protouring1
Advanced

Service Bulletin #PIC6545 has been released to rectify this issue.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2024...uCjk6W85Zt-aCL
Thank you! They have admitted that it was their mistake and are taking steps to fix it. Unfortunately, they have not provided a timeline.
The following users liked this post:
Glennm27 (04-30-2024)
Old 05-01-2024, 07:53 AM
tobaccokid
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts

It's an extremely weak and pathetic approach to issue a service bulletin for a manufacturing process/quality control factory problem. It's actually the wrong process approach.
Old 05-01-2024, 08:57 AM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Contributor

Thank you! The dealership provided photos of the car coming off the truck and it was oddly already installed. Evidently, this is something they are doing now. However, Chevrolet has admitted it is their fault, and they have promised to address it. Unfortunately, the passenger seat had defective leather as well. So, they have agreed to replace the passenger seat as well.
Originally Posted by robob
Did you read the whole thread? It's been pretty well established that for some odd reason it arrived with LPO parts installed.

Y'all take care,
Robert
Did YOU read the post I was referring to? Obviously not.

Quick Reply: Chevrolet Delivered Incomplete/Incorrect Carbon Fiber Aero Pkg