Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Hope y’all have had better luck withd your Z06 than I

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 06:27 PM
marknagy13
Pro

Received 1,115 Likes on 329 Posts

If it were me, I'd sue anyways. If that guy makes$10/an hour, I want $1 from it until the day he dies. lol I can't stand people like that that are leeches of society.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:54 PM
PuffC8
Pro

Received 585 Likes on 296 Posts

State Farm is just telling you that for you to drop it. I had same thing happen with my C8 Stingray when it was brand new, similar damage and costs, and I have State Farm as well. Same thing with the other driver having minimum coverage. Did diminished value claim against both the other insurance company and my own. The other insurance company will pay you some of that $10k max, in diminished value, before ever paying your insurance company in subrogation. Then you’ll get a whole other diminished value check, much more, from State Farm. Just do NOT settle with them after the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd offer. Be patient and wait until they hit their max. And even their max isn’t their actual max. They can get more approved by their boss’ boss. Also use a diminished value appraiser to write a detailed report. I used Autoloss. They’ll give you a detailed diminished value report to give your insurance company and theirs. It made a huge difference on my payout and other friends and family in the past. The owners name is Monica, ask for her directly she’s good. Here’s the number for AutoLoss
877-655-1661
I think it’s like $300 for the report and she’ll continue to help and write new demands as insurance gives you offers.

Last edited by PuffC8; 04-11-2024 at 06:54 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by PuffC8:
ChevyChad (04-11-2024), LethalArrhythmia (04-14-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 10:14 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,922 Likes on 1,364 Posts

Originally Posted by BearZ06
I am really surprised at Florida's ridiculously low minimum insurance requirements, even Arkansas has a $25k minimum which in 2024 is still really low IMO. I'm sending you a PM.
You know what the property damage limit is in California? $5K. That's it. Even with it that low, it seems half the drivers in this state have no insurance.

Why is it when you get hit by someone, they are a lowlife with little to no insurance? I had one car hit by not one, but two, Priuses. If a Prius gets behind me, I change lanes at the first opportunity. Those people are a driving joke.
The following 2 users liked this post by Michael A:
ChevyChad (04-11-2024), JustnRiptide (04-11-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 10:39 PM
mtraylor2001
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

An Arbitrator will be on a one fee cost and can get you the diminished value as well.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:23 AM
ChevyChad
Melting Slicks

Received 1,301 Likes on 530 Posts

Originally Posted by PuffC8
State Farm is just telling you that for you to drop it. I had same thing happen with my C8 Stingray when it was brand new, similar damage and costs, and I have State Farm as well. Same thing with the other driver having minimum coverage. Did diminished value claim against both the other insurance company and my own. The other insurance company will pay you some of that $10k max, in diminished value, before ever paying your insurance company in subrogation. Then you’ll get a whole other diminished value check, much more, from State Farm. Just do NOT settle with them after the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd offer. Be patient and wait until they hit their max. And even their max isn’t their actual max. They can get more approved by their boss’ boss. Also use a diminished value appraiser to write a detailed report. I used Autoloss. They’ll give you a detailed diminished value report to give your insurance company and theirs. It made a huge difference on my payout and other friends and family in the past. The owners name is Monica, ask for her directly she’s good. Here’s the number for AutoLoss
877-655-1661
I think it’s like $300 for the report and she’ll continue to help and write new demands as insurance gives you offers.
Great info! I hope I never have to use it, but good to know for anyone in a situation just like this!
Old 04-11-2024, 11:25 AM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 390 Likes on 244 Posts

Yeah, getting hit sucks. Getting hurt is even worse.
Old 04-11-2024, 06:12 PM
VetteHeaven
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts

In Florida you can only collect diminished value from the at fault's insurance company. This is different in different states. State Farm isn't required to pay you. Now in GA - my home state - the law requires the insurerd's company to pay. State Farm did pay me on my C7 when I was hit from behind. On my C7 you couldn't tell it was hit if you didn't know it. But the tub was damaged so the hatch wouldn't open. $11k and 6 weeks to fix. But I fear getting hit in my C8 because it's effin ridiculous how long it takes to get parts. GM should be ashamed. Hopefully your Z gets back on the road soon.
The following users liked this post:
robob (04-11-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 06:45 PM
1carguy
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks so much for the great advice! I am hiring one of the appraisal companies suggested to come up with the diminished value. It is expected to be around 40 K. The person that hit me has nothing for me to go after. I have 100 K of uninsured motorist and under insured motorist coverage with State Farm. My plan is to go after the under insured motorist coverage, Most likely I will hire a good attorney, to pursue this. Thank you again for the great responses. If anyone else has had experience with diminished value, claims, I would welcome your advice. Thanks
The following users liked this post:
BearZ06 (04-15-2024)

Quick Reply: Hope y’all have had better luck withd your Z06 than I