Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

XPEL for C*Z06

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 06:23 PM
JD ZR1
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Mine is being covered tomorrow , full car. The wrap company comes to my dealership and does it. My quote is around $3,400 bucks. I had them wrap my ZR1, and my C7 ZO6, did fantastic job. Body skins is the company in Illinois.
Old 04-10-2024, 06:25 PM
mtraylor2001
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Yeah that sounds like a winner. I really dont have much chipping on the front of my C7, but the intakes behind the dor and rear fender seem to be the target area. So it sounds similar. Did you guys get packages, or do you basically tell them what you want. From sounds of it. You dont want templates, correct?
Old 04-10-2024, 07:00 PM
minn19
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Irpilot
They tucked everywhere except the front area I posted about. Have you had yours done? Would love to see some pics that I can send to them for those areas I posted about. Thanks.
As another poster said, that rear especially could have been done better. My installer said the front took seven different pieces, but I have the aero package. PPF and ceramic coatings are awesome, but it really comes down to the installer.

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
This would be the minimum to get done on the car.
Thanks for the input!
The following users liked this post:
Irpilot (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 07:02 PM
minn19
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mtraylor2001
Yeah that sounds like a winner. I really dont have much chipping on the front of my C7, but the intakes behind the dor and rear fender seem to be the target area. So it sounds similar. Did you guys get packages, or do you basically tell them what you want. From sounds of it. You dont want templates, correct?
I’ve always gone with what my installer recommends. He uses a combination of templates and custom pieces, especially on cars like these so many angles/aero etc.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:44 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,007 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Either go all the way, or, wish you had. Find the best price, with recommendations . Then go there.
Old 04-11-2024, 06:42 PM
bkswede
Heel & Toe

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by minn19
I’ve always gone with what my installer recommends. He uses a combination of templates and custom pieces, especially on cars like these so many angles/aero etc.
I recognize the shop in your pictures and see your installer is Chad Raskovich, who did my Z06 as well. Chad is amazing - he’s done several cars for me over the years and his attention to detail is incredible. I can’t speak highly enough of him and the work he has done for me. Are you in Twin Cities? Would be fun to meet up some time.
minn19 (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 07:51 PM
mtraylor2001
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Either go all the way, or, wish you had. Find the best price, with recommendations . Then go there.
what is a good price?
Old 04-11-2024, 10:03 PM
Missileer
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Prinzmetal
Fantastic! That's the exact same spec I ordered, down to the wheels. I'm planning on taking it to my local PPF shop to get Xpel Stealth over the gray bodywork as well. If you have any other pics, please share them!

The following 2 users liked this post by Missileer:
minn19 (04-11-2024), Tpup (04-22-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 10:15 PM
Missileer
Advanced

Hey guys. Hoping for some feedback. I had my vehicle fully wrapped with xpel and I'm disappointed in the results. 4 big issues I'm having. First is the rear bumper sides are done in 3 pieces. I get the C8 platforn has a lot of sharp creases and is challenging to wrap but 3 pieces seems pretty extreme. It's been wrapped since December and the seams are showing more. The other big issue is the vertical surface on the outside of the intake is not wrapped around the corner leaving a bit of the front facing surface unprotected. Third, they didn't xpel the inner painted surface of the side intakes. Finally the didn't protect the forward surfaces of the side mirror arm. I'm hoping I can get some feedback before I reach out to them to get these issues remedied. They had already tried to defend the work on the front when I first picked up the car so I'd like to provide some evidence of xpel done differently when I go back. Any feedback would be appreciated

Excuse the dirty surface. Pollen season is in full effect

Horrible work.. I’d make them fix it or at least blast them on Reviews
Old 04-11-2024, 11:01 PM
minn19
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bkswede
I recognize the shop in your pictures and see your installer is Chad Raskovich, who did my Z06 as well. Chad is amazing - he’s done several cars for me over the years and his attention to detail is incredible. I can’t speak highly enough of him and the work he has done for me. Are you in Twin Cities? Would be fun to meet up some time.
Yup, that’s Rasky’s place! It’s the 4th car he’s done for me and all have been perfect. Agreed, he is amazing and unfortunately very rare when you find someone like him that takes such pride in their work.

I’m about 45 minutes north of the TC, agreed would be fun this summer to meet up.
Old 04-11-2024, 11:12 PM
Missileer
Advanced

Hey guys. Hoping for some feedback. I had my vehicle fully wrapped with xpel and I'm disappointed in the results. 4 big issues I'm having. First is the rear bumper sides are done in 3 pieces. I get the C8 platforn has a lot of sharp creases and is challenging to wrap but 3 pieces seems pretty extreme. It's been wrapped since December and the seams are showing more. The other big issue is the vertical surface on the outside of the intake is not wrapped around the corner leaving a bit of the front facing surface unprotected. Third, they didn't xpel the inner painted surface of the side intakes. Finally the didn't protect the forward surfaces of the side mirror arm. I'm hoping I can get some feedback before I reach out to them to get these issues remedied. They had already tried to defend the work on the front when I first picked up the car so I'd like to provide some evidence of xpel done differently when I go back. Any feedback would be appreciated

Excuse the dirty surface. Pollen season is in full effect
‘Same ares in mine and no seams

minn19 (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 11:31 PM
NakedDave
Racer

Received 279 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by JD ZR1
Mine is being covered tomorrow , full car. The wrap company comes to my dealership and does it. My quote is around $3,400 bucks. I had them wrap my ZR1, and my C7 ZO6, did fantastic job. Body skins is the company in Illinois.
this is the lowest price full PPF I’ve ever heard of! Damn good deal, if it’s a quality install.
Old 04-12-2024, 12:43 AM
Prinzmetal
Cruising

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Missileer

Very nice! Can't wait to get mine done!

Originally Posted by NakedDave
this is the lowest price full PPF I’ve ever heard of! Damn good deal, if it’s a quality install.
Yeah, 3400 is unheard of in today's market. I think mine will be ~8k for the full PPF + ceramic coating everything + window tint.

Quick Reply: XPEL for C*Z06