Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

SMURFKILLER is back!!! Almost

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 11:15 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default SMURFKILLER is back!!! Almost

So about 10 yrs ago I sold my C6. Now my kid is a lil bigger I no longer have to have a back seat, plus GFs car has kid room. I have missed a true sports car. I had a caddy ATS turbo , Ram R/T , camaro SS, ATS-V , and now a BMW M4 but none have that true sports car almost super car look and feel. I want to buy or order a C8z. But as I stopped doing the modern car high performance stuff for work and last 7 yrs have been building high end custom muscle cars and show cars. I haven’t been around all the newest stuff any longer. So I have a few questions and concerns about the new Z. Mainly I broke my spine about 1.5yrs ago in a car crash, so seat comfort and ride quality are key now hence why I got the M4.

Comp seats? As bad as the caddy V recaros? Look kick *** not great after 30 mins?
how much does the front end lift raise?
diff between the gt1 and Gt2 seats?
what all does the 3Lz actually add? Used the compare thing on the builder but to me i don’t see much difference
register car in Montana for 0% sales tax instead of Texas 8.75%?
Can I get red stitching in 2lz without red seats?

is this forum still active or basically dead like all other car forums? This place always had huge amount of activity
The following users liked this post:
Big Lebowski (03-31-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 02:12 AM
Aku700
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by smurfkiller
So about 10 yrs ago I sold my C6. Now my kid is a lil bigger I no longer have to have a back seat, plus GFs car has kid room. I have missed a true sports car. I had a caddy ATS turbo , Ram R/T , camaro SS, ATS-V , and now a BMW M4 but none have that true sports car almost super car look and feel. I want to buy or order a C8z. But as I stopped doing the modern car high performance stuff for work and last 7 yrs have been building high end custom muscle cars and show cars. I haven’t been around all the newest stuff any longer. So I have a few questions and concerns about the new Z. Mainly I broke my spine about 1.5yrs ago in a car crash, so seat comfort and ride quality are key now hence why I got the M4.

Comp seats? As bad as the caddy V recaros? Look kick *** not great after 30 mins?
what all does the 3Lz actually add? Used the compare thing on the builder but to me i don’t see much difference

is this forum still active or basically dead like all other car forums? This place always had huge amount of activity
LOL. So ya, the Z06 has stirred up things a bit, the new mid-engine has brought out people in force and getting into it. I myself have been tracking Porsche cars since 2020, just sold my P car and getting Z06 very shortly.

just came back from Ron Fellows Corvette Racing School, if you haven’t gone, you should. It’s awesome experience.

I’m gonna track, so gonna get comp seats, they are WAY more comfortable and adjustable vs Porsche Bucket seat. But the GT2 are also pretty good, comfy but not as restrictive as comps

front 2” up

you want the GT2 seats!!!

3lz is really about customizability of interior

Montana depends on variable factors, your choice

No, only 3LZ gives you that

The following users liked this post:
JohnnyCash (04-01-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 10:29 AM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,465 Likes on 789 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I bought my Z06 preowned. It has the comp seats. You will want the GT2 seats. I do not have any back issues but a long trip with the comp seats means a few extra stops to stretch out. They are firm in the seat and rigid in the bolsters. Had I ordered one from new it would have the GT2 seats.
Old 03-31-2024, 11:02 AM
Aku700
Racer

Originally Posted by Tally Ho
I bought my Z06 preowned. It has the comp seats. You will want the GT2 seats. I do not have any back issues but a long trip with the comp seats means a few extra stops to stretch out. They are firm in the seat and rigid in the bolsters. Had I ordered one from new it would have the GT2 seats.
hey, I’m probably gonna buy car with GT2 seats, you wanna trade seats? I want the comp seats for tracking, but can’t find a good build and seats i want.
Old 03-31-2024, 11:05 AM
jswatek
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts

Why not buy some real racing seats ?
You’ll be able to get more headroom and a slot for sub belts. When you sell the car put the oem seat back in
Old 03-31-2024, 11:09 AM
Aku700
Racer

Originally Posted by jswatek
Why not buy some real racing seats ?
Two+ reasons, one, it throws a code, 2nd, you lose airbags, so just easier to swap to competition seats and solves all 3 problems. Lol.

Also, I don’t trust GM enough, if I take car into service, not sure if the guys would flag car for mods or other. If this was a Porsche/dealer service, zero issues, but with GM, I’d rather not risk it now. Maybe after I see how flexible GM is, but ya, I’m not doing any pro racing, just 10-14 events a year, doesn’t warrant all these headaches.
Old 03-31-2024, 11:52 AM
chevyrules727
Burning Brakes

Received 734 Likes on 377 Posts

A lot of dealers are starting to not allow registering in Montana as state's are starting to crack down on people trying to get out of paying taxes. Might still find some out there willing to do it, but just a note there.
Old 03-31-2024, 01:56 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

That’s what I was wondering. How long that would last before irs got greedy and put a stop to it.
Old 03-31-2024, 02:10 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Aku700
LOL. So ya, the Z06 has stirred up things a bit, the new mid-engine has brought out people in force and getting into it. I myself have been tracking Porsche cars since 2020, just sold my P car and getting Z06 very shortly.

just came back from Ron Fellows Corvette Racing School, if you haven’t gone, you should. It’s awesome experience.

I’m gonna track, so gonna get comp seats, they are WAY more comfortable and adjustable vs Porsche Bucket seat. But the GT2 are also pretty good, comfy but not as restrictive as comps

front 2” up

you want the GT2 seats!!!

3lz is really about customizability of interior

Montana depends on variable factors, your choice

No, only 3LZ gives you that
thank you Thats what thought for those things wanted to confirm. I wanted to buy a 993 few yrs ago , but yeah those values are ridiculous

Originally Posted by chevyrules727
A lot of dealers are starting to not allow registering in Montana as state's are starting to crack down on people trying to get out of paying taxes. Might still find some out there willing to do it, but just a note there.
I wondered how long it would last before irs said oh hell no
Old 03-31-2024, 04:33 PM
robob
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 73 Posts

I believe they are avoiding California and other state taxes. The IRS couldn't care about that:-)
Old 03-31-2024, 10:53 PM
Ragtop 99
Safety Car

Received 1,189 Likes on 687 Posts

@smurfkiller

GT2 are very comfortable for long trips. Longest I spent in a comp seat was 20 min. Pretty comfortable for that short time, but I'm small.

about 1.5" Use it less than I expected, but occasionally glad I have it. C8 clearance is better than on my C6.

hotly debated - I think it is almost all cosmetic if you get the 2LZ trim, where the GT2 is an option.

leather dash and trim
GT2 seats standard
leather covered horn pad cover with stitching. This is very noticeable in person.

Haven't tried.

no. red stitching requires 3LZ

Get notified of new replies

To SMURFKILLER is back!!! Almost

Quick Reply: SMURFKILLER is back!!! Almost