Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Vette Titans?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 03:03 AM
Luke42_02
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 550 Likes on 195 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17
Default Vette Titans?

Do you guys remember that crazy Corvette conspiracy theory youtube channel Vette Titans? I just did a search for it for the first time in a year or so and it's been removed from the platform. Anyone know what happened? Knowing that guy I would expect he would have departed in a supernova.
Old 03-27-2024, 05:50 AM
ChevyChad
Melting Slicks

Received 1,303 Likes on 532 Posts

thats hilarious. That dude was a royal Dbag. Very rude and condescending and knew nothing about how to have a normal conversation. He doesnt deserve a platform at all, honestly.
The following 4 users liked this post by ChevyChad:
555ctsv (03-27-2024), JockItch (03-28-2024), mmthomas (04-24-2024), vetteman41960 (03-28-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 06:43 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,251 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Wait that channel is finally gone?? LOL

No wonder i haven't seen them on my youtube feed. I'm not subscribed but i did watch a couple of videos and i actually was very entertained by how mad he got at us owners in those videos. Spitting all over the place and having this dumb look on his face lol

I love watching people, especially those types of people, have a mental breakdown. Nothing is more satisfying.
The following 3 users liked this post by Z0HS1CK:
ChevyChad (03-27-2024), Propspinner (03-27-2024), vetteman41960 (03-28-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 07:22 AM
Z06Z
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 67 Posts

that guy was a weirdo.. the strange attacks on people and businesses and calling everyone stupid because he had a different opinion was enough for me to block his channel...
The following 4 users liked this post by Z06Z:
555ctsv (03-27-2024), Car Junkie 24 (03-27-2024), Luke42_02 (03-27-2024), vetteman41960 (03-28-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 09:32 AM
Garret
Race Director

Received 1,005 Likes on 471 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I noticed this about a week ago and wondered the same thing. What if he was right on things and was forced to delete the info? What if he was wrong and is getting sued so he removed the evidence ? He was one crazy guy, that's for sure. As much as I hated his attitude , I always did wonder if what he said was true or not.
The following 2 users liked this post by Garret:
Bikespace (03-31-2024), Propspinner (03-27-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 10:59 AM
Luke42_02
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 550 Likes on 195 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Garret
I noticed this about a week ago and wondered the same thing. What if he was right on things and was forced to delete the info? What if he was wrong and is getting sued so he removed the evidence ? He was one crazy guy, that's for sure. As much as I hated his attitude , I always did wonder if what he said was true or not.
I looked at his Facebook group because it popped up during a Google search and it appears he may be having a manic episode related to the run Bitcoin is currently having. He’s posting 15-20 times per day in there with none of it being about Corvettes and no responses from anyone.

I would echo what was said above about him, but it was such a train wreck I would tune in every now and then to check up.

If you listened long enough, even though nothing made sense, he was a good enough story teller that his narrative could make you start to worry about things that you definitely didn’t need to be worrying about. It was a good lesson for me about online narratives and their ability to move large groups of people by promoting irrational fear.

I just figured when they finally kicked him out there would be a blaze of glory and I’m sorry I missed it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Luke42_02:
555ctsv (03-27-2024), Propspinner (03-27-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 10:28 PM
ffr1352
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

I would guess the first reason his youtube channel was removed was due to many of his videos showing illegal driving on public roads from speeds well into triple digits to all kinds of other driving stunts that would earn you jail time.

While he highlighted some real corvette issues, much of his content seemed , well, nonsensical! Came across as a legend in his own mind and a customer dreaded by any chevy service rep!

Old 03-28-2024, 03:12 AM
bob53
Melting Slicks

Received 302 Likes on 138 Posts

Similar to voting with my wallet, I refuse to watch content on YT that gives money to crazy people, car bros, etc... Vette Titans, Vehicle Virgins, Streetspeed717 - none of these people deserve our attention nor money from our views.
The following users liked this post:
555ctsv (03-28-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 07:34 AM
d16dcoe45
Pro

Received 326 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by bob53
Similar to voting with my wallet, I refuse to watch content on YT that gives money to crazy people, car bros, etc... Vette Titans, Vehicle Virgins, Streetspeed717 - none of these people deserve our attention nor money from our views.
You said it friend! Can you imagine the sheer audacity of these people creating a Youtube channel, coming up with content that adds value to the viewer, enough value for a number of people to subscribe and watch said content with regularity and generating ad revenue to the degree of even able to earn a living from it?! I mean who do these people think they are? If I need to find out how to remove my plastic intake manifold to paint it so it looks "classy" or how to put the lowest dust brake pad on my sports car, I'll stick to the forums thank you very much. Why don't they just get a REAL job like the rest of us, amiright? 🙄

Last edited by d16dcoe45; 03-28-2024 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-28-2024, 07:57 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Without those "crazy people", we wouldn't know anything about our cars, any updates, what it can do before the car is released etc.

It provides entertainment as well as knowledge however you want to take it. Without them, our community wouldn't be where they're at whether you agree to it or not.

I smell jealousy these people are getting rich off something they love. Don't be jealous. Be happy for them they're sharing an interest we all have a love for.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:04 AM
chevyrules727
Burning Brakes

Received 735 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Z0HS1CK
Without those "crazy people", we wouldn't know anything about our cars, any updates, what it can do before the car is released etc.

It provides entertainment as well as knowledge however you want to take it. Without them, our community wouldn't be where they're at whether you agree to it or not.

I smell jealousy these people are getting rich off something they love. Don't be jealous. Be happy for them they're sharing an interest we all have a love for.
Well I wouldn’t say Vette titans or streetspeed are sources of knowledge.

Streetspeed is definitely on the entertainment side of things though and nothing wrong with that.
555ctsv (03-28-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 08:05 AM
JockItch
Safety Car

Received 5,332 Likes on 1,986 Posts

I'm going to miss all his crazy person looking thumbnails on his videos.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:27 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by chevyrules727

Streetspeed is definitely on the entertainment side of things though and nothing wrong with that.
I meant youtubers in general. Even channels not car related.

Although early on streetspeed was actually decent. IE: during the time when he bought his yellow C7Z.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:15 AM
Z06Z
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyrules727

Putting streetspeed in the same category as Vette titans is ridiculous though. Not even close.

I would argue that lots of people get information from Streetspeeds channel, IE, he does a lot of mods and shows the results (just put a supercharger on a brand new Mustang GT for example) and while you could argue that bits and pieces may contain illegal driving, it is actual entertainment. VT was just pure crazy with zero entertainment IMO.
vetteman41960 (03-28-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 11:19 AM
chevyrules727
Burning Brakes

Received 735 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Z
Putting streetspeed in the same category as Vette titans is ridiculous though. Not even close.

I would argue that lots of people get information from Streetspeeds channel, IE, he does a lot of mods and shows the results (just put a supercharger on a brand new Mustang GT for example) and while you could argue that bits and pieces may contain illegal driving, it is actual entertainment. VT was just pure crazy with zero entertainment IMO.
Didn't mean to imply they were in the same category or streetspeed is like Vette titans.

But Mike is an entertainment channel. Yes he mods the cars, but he doesn’t teach you how to do it. He just shows it off. He’s not one to seek knowledge from in learning about the cars. He’s pure entertainment factor.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:59 AM
robob
Racer

Received 126 Likes on 74 Posts

There are download plugins for most browsers:-)
Old 03-28-2024, 12:02 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

It's still entertainment though.

So dismissing him just because one might be jealous he got this far with "no knowledge" on the cars he has, is being childish.

Not directing towards anyone. Only those who have this mentality.

This is similar to jesse posting his videos on this forum. He's actually very informative and he beats the hell out of his z06 that we can use his car for reference on how our cars will hold up but people refuse to click on his video because it makes him more money lol.

That's ridiculous.
ChevyChad (03-29-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To Vette Titans?

Old 03-28-2024, 12:49 PM
bob53
Melting Slicks

Received 302 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Z0HS1CK

Very few content creators are providing useful or early information or knowledge regarding our cars. Watching a car bro race their car around, hang out, buy some aftermarket parts, pay someone else to install it is not "useful"... Can they be entertaining? - yes. This forum also exists as a means of freely sharing our collective knowledge and experiences on purchasing, maintaining, and modifying corvettes - nobody gets paid to do it (as it should be). This sort of knowledge should be free....

You are confusing the dopamine-mediated addiction effects of youtube and other social media platforms with viewership that exists due to the quality of content... Out of curiosity, am I responding to someone who has a monetized (or is attempting to monetize) their social media pages?

Jealous - not at all... I'm an extremely well-compensated subspecialty physician scientist who also consults with regulatory agencies and industry for my knowledge /expertise accumulated after years of hard work and performing at a high level.... My major issue with most content creators is they lack the training, experience and ability to provide useful knowledge to the public. 99% provide nothing more than entertainment... Mark Rober, Engineering Explained and Jessie on this forum (who is an actual race car driver) - I have zero issues with them getting paid for their social media content as they provide useful information and educational content. The car bro culture - I have issues here... While I cannot fault anyone who finds financial success on social media, let's not kid ourselves about what that means as a society. Instead of prioritizing education and vocations that will actually "Make America Great Again", social media sets the wrong messages and signals to society - that one can get rich by contributing very little to society. 20 years from now when we have larger deficit of people in the trades and white collar jobs that require lots of education and training (all essential professions for first world living), perhaps we will finally acknowledge that financially incentivizing the easier path (and turning more people into the equivalent of the Kardashians) that leaves us with a less capable national workforce was an extremely dumb idea.

I'm still young enough to have younger kids in elementary school and worry for their future and the future of our country - we are on track to be a society of consumers with very few of us capable of producing anything or providing a useful essential skill.
The following 2 users liked this post by bob53:
ChevyChad (03-29-2024), robob (03-28-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 01:04 PM
jackfrostpdx
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 317 Posts

Very few content creators are providing useful or early information or knowledge regarding our cars. Watching a car bro race their car around, hang out, buy some aftermarket parts, pay someone else to install it is not "useful"... Can they be entertaining? - yes. This forum also exists as a means of freely sharing our collective knowledge and experiences on purchasing, maintaining, and modifying corvettes - nobody gets paid to do it (as it should be). This sort of knowledge should be free....

You are confusing the dopamine-mediated addiction effects of youtube and other social media platforms with viewership that exists due to the quality of content... Out of curiosity, am I responding to someone who has a monetized (or is attempting to monetize) their social media pages?

Jealous - not at all... I'm an extremely well-compensated subspecialty physician scientist who also consults with regulatory agencies and industry for my knowledge /expertise accumulated after years of hard work and performing at a high level.... My major issue with most content creators is they lack the training, experience and ability to provide useful knowledge to the public. 99% provide nothing more than entertainment... Mark Rober, Engineering Explained and Jessie on this forum (who is an actual race car driver) - I have zero issues with them getting paid for their social media content as they provide useful information and educational content. The car bro culture - I have issues here... While I cannot fault anyone who finds financial success on social media, let's not kid ourselves about what that means as a society. Instead of prioritizing education and vocations that will actually "Make America Great Again", social media sets the wrong messages and signals to society - that one can get rich by contributing very little to society. 20 years from now when we have larger deficit of people in the trades and white collar jobs that require lots of education and training (all essential professions for first world living), perhaps we will finally acknowledge that financially incentivizing the easier path (and turning more people into the equivalent of the Kardashians) that leaves us with a less capable national workforce was an extremely dumb idea.

I'm still young enough to have younger kids in elementary school and worry for their future and the future of our country - we are on track to be a society of consumers with very few of us capable of producing anything or providing a useful essential skill.
lol not jealous at all
Old 03-28-2024, 01:13 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

It's easy to be a back seat driver. If one criticizes a channel so much, go out and do one better.

I remember people making comments about speedphenom's driving. Like seriously? the kid is taking a z06 and putting the abuse to the best of his ability to show us what the car can do and people have something to say about that channel as well.

I'm not saying Streetspeed or whatever channel are the best channels out there but to blatantly dismiss it because they are in your face "youngsters" is such a poor mentality. If you don't like the channel that's fine but there's a reason why they have that many subscribers. If people don't seek those channels for knowledge, they do it for the entertainment.

It's the same as watching a sports game and saying so and so player sucks because he/she made a bad play. If you can do better, go and do it and show us. Not you directly but in general.

Quick Reply: Vette Titans?