Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Vette Titans?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2024, 02:17 AM
Luke42_02
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 550 Likes on 195 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by 79 Bullet
One thing about Brandon, He drove his Z06's to 11/ tenths I haven't seen anyone else put their Z06 through its paces like he did So even though most might not agree with his delivery his experience holds value. I actually was pissed when they took him off You Tube. He definitely had an interesting point of view and wasn't afraid to express it.
Unfortunately I am not on Facebook and have no plans to ever sign up on it, but if he ever went on YT again I would subscribe again in a heart beat.
Well, it would appear he still reads the forum at least. Three angry posts about what a great driver he is and how the maggots can’t understand him in the last hour.

The good news is that he says he will soon reveal who really did 911:

Classic manic episode.
The following 3 users liked this post by Luke42_02:
black2010gs (04-24-2024), PuffC8 (03-31-2024), vetteman41960 (04-01-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 02:26 PM
79 Bullet
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

The world is filled with conspiracy theorist. I am not one as I believe the moment 2 people know about something It's only a matter of time that one rats the other out. Let alone having multiple people involved as would have had to have happened for a 911 conspiracy. As for planning escapes, whatever floats his boat.
As for the his driving. I have seen his videos and he is rocking it no doubt and pushing it to the limits for long periods of time. I enjoyed seeing someone that used to talk about real issues with the C8 like the fuel system shortcomings and the POS e-diff programming that I have experienced, as opposed to what mud flaps someone will be putting on his car. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to eliminate the e-diff programming making it 100% mechanical so it is 100% predictable and save weight in the back?
If most are just taking the car out for a leisurely cruise and golfing or in a straight line I guess who cares, but if you want to enjoy the car for what it can be then your view on some of the things he says regarding the C8 hold different weight. As for his escapes and crypto advice,, whatever ,,,I can filter what I want to absorb.
Just saying he spoke a lot of facts in between all his rants.
Old 03-31-2024, 02:40 PM
79 Bullet
Pro

Originally Posted by Luke42_02
I’m gonna have to respectfully disagree. He was a wanna be. Anyone who thinks they are getting over 8/10ths on a public road is kidding themselves.
Is it safe no, Do I condone it no. However the skill level seeing the same turn over and over on a track and trying to get it eventually perfect is different that when you are driving on a deserted country road.
Again I don't condone it just saying. If you were talking about a more capable car like a 765 LT then I would agree 100%
Old 03-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,252 Likes on 2,182 Posts

One thing about Brandon, He drove his Z06's to 11/ tenths I haven't seen anyone else put their Z06 through its paces like he did So even though most might not agree with his delivery his experience holds value. I actually was pissed when they took him off You Tube. He definitely had an interesting point of view and wasn't afraid to express it.
Unfortunately I am not on Facebook and have no plans to ever sign up on it, but if he ever went on YT again I would subscribe again in a heart beat.
Wait, you're saying brandon drove his z06 11 tenths and that you haven't seen anyone else put their z06 through it's paces?

So i guess jesse doesn't count? Speedphenom? Those are REAL race car drivers that actually take their own z06 on multiple tracks showing what it can do. Showing it's strengths and weaknesses.

But brandon making endless videos of either the camera pointing to this face so he can complain or a night video of him driving on the highways at midnight is your example of pushing the z06 to the max?

Whether he was right or wrong about anything he said, he belittled every single C8 owner.
Old 03-31-2024, 04:19 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,383 Likes on 2,070 Posts

I question your judgement and hyperbole. One cannot physically drive on a road with curves at 11/10ths and stay on the road and not wreck. Not possible on the street or track. It is just physics. Physics doesn’t lie. Even the best drivers in the world can’t get 100% on a track they know, in a car they know. Ask any driver if they have driven a perfect lap. Take the ten best drivers, take their ten best laps, cut those laps in 10 segments, in a single car, starting with the same tires and fuel. See if one driver has one lap that has the fastest time in each segment on that single lap. You won’t find it.

Without telemetry of his drives you have a very limited idea how close he was driving to any limits anywhere. His experience holds little value with poor delivery. The value of communication is in people receiving it and believing it. Poor delivery means fewer watchers, and even fewer believers, thus lower value in it.
The following users liked this post:
ChevyChad (04-01-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 04:38 PM
79 Bullet
Pro

I haven't followed Jesse, But have followed Austin with his Z06 and his 600 LT which I love. Even though he tracked his Z06 at 3 or 4 tracks He mostly complained about tire wear ( which is fair) and a rim that ruined one of his outings. but I felt he was doing it more for views more than feedback. I wish he would have had more constructive comparisons between his Z06 and his 600 LT. Also i never heard once him say anything about the e-diff which if he was maxing it on the track he should have seen. As for his 600 I enjoyed those videos more and felt he was pushing it more. Now, he is 23 years old and driving a very expensive car so for sure he doesn't want to trash it. i can respect that, but I don;t think I saw what I would consider max on the Z at a track.
As for belittling C8 owners I can see how some might feel that way. I have had 2 C8's and about to get my z06 in a few weeks and I didn't feel belittled.
The coolest video I saw from Austin is when he went for a cruise with his German Shephard in his Z.
Anyways not to go on about Brandon but if you can see through some of his stuff that some might find insulting he spoke facts on some Z06 shortcomings and after all this is a Corvette forum. If I wanted conspiracy and crypto advice I wouldn't be looking for it on a Vette Titans page or corvette forum.
I look forward to Austin's reviews of his new 750S and hopefully he pushes it hard. Sad to see his 600 go. I think that will be a collector model with it's unique exhaust, hopefully I have one in the next year or so.
Old 03-31-2024, 04:57 PM
79 Bullet
Pro

I agree with everything you say. 11/tents is an expression not a measurement. And btw he did hit a " Bear" and totaled one of his Z's. Soooo.. As for telemetry the only thing we can go by is his G-meter and I saw him pulling more than 1g many times around turns and ramps. As for Mileage probably has 5 times the mileage of Austin and seeing Brandon drive I would bet a lot of it was very ' spirited' I will ask you a question do you think Austin has more experience in his 3 or 4 track sessions or what Brandon has in beating the crap out of his cars for 30 or 40 000 miles? I remember when I was a youngster and beat the crap out of 79 I knew every little thing about that cars performance.My son has kicked the crap out of people with 100K Subarus and modified cars on the track, with his stock e-46 M3. Experience i find is experience.
Just my point of view.
Old 03-31-2024, 05:29 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,383 Likes on 2,070 Posts

I agree with everything you say. 11/tents is an expression not a measurement. And btw he did hit a " Bear" and totaled one of his Z's. Soooo.. As for telemetry the only thing we can go by is his G-meter and I saw him pulling more than 1g many times around turns and ramps. As for Mileage probably has 5 times the mileage of Austin and seeing Brandon drive I would bet a lot of it was very ' spirited' I will ask you a question do you think Austin has more experience in his 3 or 4 track sessions or what Brandon has in beating the crap out of his cars for 30 or 40 000 miles? I remember when I was a youngster and beat the crap out of 79 I knew every little thing about that cars performance.My son has kicked the crap out of people with 100K Subarus and modified cars on the track, with his stock e-46 M3. Experience i find is experience.
Just my point of view.
even a Z51 base car will pull over 1.2 Gs on the G meter in certain conditions. So not indicative of even 10/10ths.

Without times on a known track, compared to other top drivers in a similar car, one cannot really tell how close to the limits someone is driving. On the street, no good way to tell. Except to exceed them and things possibly ending badly. Not exactly a safe thing to do. Not that I have never done it, but it has always been the limits of the conditions or driver (dust, oil, water, too much power application), not the car.

Just not impressed. The impressive drivers are the ones that get paid to race and make a living at it for years. I have been a competitive driver, but nobody paid me to do it. I have no delusions about the difference between me and the pros.
79 Bullet (03-31-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 07:24 PM
79 Bullet
Pro

No argument to your statement. I agree. Also don't forget the base C8 does not have the e-diff so you can probably do it much more reliably, safely and without the electronics taking over. I wish I would have bought a non Z51 to try. At some point I am sure I will get a rental at a Hertz or something and feel it out.
Old 04-01-2024, 02:12 AM
Luke42_02
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 550 Likes on 195 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

No argument to your statement. I agree. Also don't forget the base C8 does not have the e-diff so you can probably do it much more reliably, safely and without the electronics taking over. I wish I would have bought a non Z51 to try. At some point I am sure I will get a rental at a Hertz or something and feel it out.
I have over 24 hours of track time in a C7 with the ediff and 3 hours in a C8 with it. I haven’t had problems with it and don’t find it to be “unpredictable at the limit.” I considered it to be just another one of Brandon’s fever dreams. I’m surprised to find someone who thinks he’s on to something because it was my experience that he never covered any of the car’s known problems and instead favored conspiracy problems that he had discovered and that only he supposedly knew about. What problems have you had with the ediff?
Old 04-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

I haven't followed Jesse, But have followed Austin with his Z06 and his 600 LT which I love. Even though he tracked his Z06 at 3 or 4 tracks He mostly complained about tire wear ( which is fair) and a rim that ruined one of his outings. but I felt he was doing it more for views more than feedback. I wish he would have had more constructive comparisons between his Z06 and his 600 LT. Also i never heard once him say anything about the e-diff which if he was maxing it on the track he should have seen. As for his 600 I enjoyed those videos more and felt he was pushing it more. Now, he is 23 years old and driving a very expensive car so for sure he doesn't want to trash it. i can respect that, but I don;t think I saw what I would consider max on the Z at a track.
As for belittling C8 owners I can see how some might feel that way. I have had 2 C8's and about to get my z06 in a few weeks and I didn't feel belittled.
The coolest video I saw from Austin is when he went for a cruise with his German Shephard in his Z.
Anyways not to go on about Brandon but if you can see through some of his stuff that some might find insulting he spoke facts on some Z06 shortcomings and after all this is a Corvette forum. If I wanted conspiracy and crypto advice I wouldn't be looking for it on a Vette Titans page or corvette forum.
I look forward to Austin's reviews of his new 750S and hopefully he pushes it hard. Sad to see his 600 go. I think that will be a collector model with it's unique exhaust, hopefully I have one in the next year or so.
It's still odd you can criticize austin about his z06 after a previous post about brandon, who is a nobody, a non professional race car driver and praise him because he pushes his car to the max on a dead highway at midnight. That is not pushing the car. That's taking a gamble of not getting sent to prison on any given night. Whether you meant it as an expression or a measurement shows your acknowledgement of him over someone who actually matters pertaining these cars. And i'm sorry but that's flawed logic.

newchevyman (04-01-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 05:19 PM
Propspinner
Pro

Received 737 Likes on 282 Posts

He is trying to sell his Z now. Someone said in the comments that he crashed this car. I don’t know if thats true.
Old 04-23-2024, 07:12 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Well he's on this forum so i would do minor detective work and it won't be hard to find who he is and you can ask him. In fact there's 2 usernames he operates in.

The post pattern and his approach in his posts are so obvious lol.
Old 04-24-2024, 06:45 AM
switchlanez
Drifting

Received 1,219 Likes on 687 Posts

Let's Go Brandon
ChevyChad (04-24-2024)

Quick Reply: Vette Titans?