Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

VIDEO: C8 Z06 is a Supercar, not a sports car

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 08:01 PM
C2Red64
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

LS swapped Miata? Since when did we start talking about CLOWN CARS? This is a Supercar thread, Namely the C8Z, and not the Plaid S.
Try to keep it on topic. Seems like you're still butt hurt, that you can't get no one to agree with you that the Plaid S is a supercar. Maybe get some of your bros from
the Tesla forum to come here and defend your so called super duper car?

Google search by me: Is the Tesla plaid S a supercar?
Reply from Google:

To be fair, it is a sedan after all and not a supercar. That said, given the power and weight in question the Plaid probably should have better brakes as standard. Instead, Tesla expects you to fork out $15,000 if you want carbon ceramics.

LMAO!
Old 03-25-2024, 08:36 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,282 Likes on 2,200 Posts

That's your source? LOL

Spend the rest of your night watching testing from everyone under the sun when the plaid came out. And hear them all say, "a supercar in a gentleman's suit" hahahaha. "it may not be a supercar but it actually is when you think about it" etc etc. All of them say it's a supercar. And they're right!

Which is true. Plain jane 4 door car that you take the family out. Then head to the drag strip and run 9.2. Then go home and meet other supercars on the highway. And beat all of them.

And imagine when elon finally releases the roadster? Let me guess not a supercar right?

You'd be right. Because that would be tesla's hypercar. Goodbye everything else. Literally goodbye.

Old 03-25-2024, 08:49 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,952 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Even a C8 Z51 could be considered a Supercar. Any car that does 0-60 in under 3 seconds is pretty darn fast. It's not THAT much slower than a Z06.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:27 PM
international blue
Melting Slicks

Received 2,416 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Opening serve: A Plaid anything is not a supercar. No possible way. If it is not a sports car then it's not capable of being a supercar. That's why pickups can't be either. It takes more than performance, there is also styling and materials. A plastic interior electric commuter car is an appliance regardless of its "numbers".

Supercars also are generally a flagship model, and that differs from a "top of the line" if the line is not worthy... So while the C8 Stingray has excellent performance, the Z06 is a different model and a more expensive one. Street legal, luxury, high performance is the definition to use. All Porsche 911's are great cars, but the top saleable street legal model is the GT2RS. That might be the "supercar" of that line, but really can it be? It's 65 years old, and not mid engine! So ultimately it really is not a supercar either. The Z07 could be I suppose until the ZR1 comes out...but its non-exotic status is a hinderance to many. The Z06 has the ability to beat most supercars, and that is more important than claiming the "name" for discussion by those who don't have any of them to begin with.

As a history guy, I try to look at what came before and then ask....does what I'm thinking match the ones that came before? Who you look at things that way, pedestrian styled bars of soap like the R8 and ugly fast things that have great numbers but look better under a car cover really seem to be lacking.

Ultimately, if you have to ask the question about something...it probably isn't.

And the following unequivicably IS.

So beautiful the numbers don't matter....

Last edited by international blue; 03-25-2024 at 09:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by international blue:
C2Red64 (03-25-2024), CorvettoBrando (04-08-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 10:04 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,954 Likes on 4,316 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by C2Red64
...the Plaid probably should have better brakes as standard. Instead, Tesla expects you to fork out $15,000 if you want carbon ceramics.

LMAO!
I really don't care for Tesla's but this part of your argument holds no water because GM makes you fork out ~$10k if you want CCBs.

If the criteria for "supercar" is "performance", then one must define the specific performance criteria against which automobiles are judged with specific cut offs. And is this only open to cars or can any performance vehicle be labeled a "supercar"? Many high-performance suvs out-perform many a sports car in a straight line and on a track. So do they count as well?

This can go on, and, on, and on... because again, it's a made up term.
The following users liked this post:
minn19 (03-26-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 10:14 PM
C2Red64
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

At least I took the time to post a source. You keep saying, tesla plaid s is a supercar, yet cant even back your joke of an opinion up.
No one is saying that but you. And no one can road trip, or track a tesla, let alone drive in cold weather without the battery dying faster than normal, then trying to find a charging station, when none work. And they are horrible in the snow. Sounds like a great supercar to own.
And Im not scared to drive my C8Z like someone I know.
Guy buys a $140k car, and nervous to drive it, in fear it will break down.
Why arent you renting a tesla for your ron fellows trip? Scared? Lmao
Old 03-25-2024, 11:25 PM
JillyBean
Burning Brakes

Received 668 Likes on 385 Posts

Since when do owners of Ferrari's and McClaren's care about being beat in straight line acceleration? News flash, THEY DON'T CARE!! My buddy who owns a Ferrari thought it was funny when I mentioned an Eray is faster. So what does that tell you? Try again! Pull up to any cars and coffee in your Tesla Plaid S, and Ill pull up in any Ferrari or McClaren, and no one will give your Plaid S a second look.
I will just say this many of those guys do have a plaid/ taycan etc as DD.Just check the Ferrari / Lambo/Mclaren forums. Speed is addicting.Just keeping things factual.Again I will say EV’s don’t work for everyone so I get it.👍
I really like ICE vehicles for weekend fun.So I 100% respect your take.In my opinion non of those EV’s are super cars in theory.I say this as Plaid owner.
thx JMO
I will say it’s the best DD I have ever owned and fits my requirements

Last edited by JillyBean; 03-26-2024 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:11 AM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 712 Likes on 392 Posts

IMO, all of the factory-equipped cars (for the most part) mentioned in this thread as "not supercars" can outperform what most of us classified as "supercar" just 20 years ago, so in that vein, yes, they offer supercar performance and could be considered supercars for that reason alone.
Tesla Plaid
GT3RS
C8Z51
Turbo S
Current Lambo & Ferrari offerings
The rest of the categories that might define a supercar are pretty darn subjective, IMO and matter only to the eye of the beholder.

Originally Posted by Michael A
Even a C8 Z51 could be considered a Supercar. Any car that does 0-60 in under 3 seconds is pretty darn fast. It's not THAT much slower than a Z06.
Exactly.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:53 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by vrybad
IMO, all of the factory-equipped cars (for the most part) mentioned in this thread as "not supercars" can outperform what most of us classified as "supercar" just 20 years ago, so in that vein, yes, they offer supercar performance and could be considered supercars for that reason alone.
Tesla Plaid
GT3RS
C8Z51
Turbo S
Current Lambo & Ferrari offerings
The rest of the categories that might define a supercar are pretty darn subjective, IMO and matter only to the eye of the beholder.

Exactly.

Exactly.

People still don't know the definition of a supercar. They think it has to be a brand like ferrari, cost 300-400k+ and have production numbers of like 1000 lol. Some people have zero clue on the definition.

Plus admitting something "EV", or even the worst word in the car community "tesla" can be branded as a supercar, now logic goes out the window and hatred, insecurity takes over logic and reasoning and now nothing else matters lol.

The funny thing is no one is even trying to convince anyone to believe any car is a supercar. I wasn't. Believe what you want. But you can't call my opinion wrong with another opinion of your own and call it truth lol. But it's rather odd, and amusing, to see others this offended and emotionally hurt by these statements, that now they have to actually try to convince others that it's not, based off their emotions lol.

The plaid and the C8Z are supercars. That's just what i think and many people in the car community would agree.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:51 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

I already said nothing wrong if you don't think so. I even said it numerous times many people would agree with you.

yet you had some issue with me stating it is and that many people would agree with me.

The plaid is a supercar. And the tesla roadster will be their hypercar.

It's fine if you don't think so. Many people do think so.

Even steven.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:58 AM
walleyfisher
Le Mans Master

Received 1,665 Likes on 741 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Winner -- Modified
2020 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

A super car is a car that is such a stunning design that it envokes a high desire to wish to own one, but most cannot afford one, the C8 ZO6 fills that bill
Now that being said, does not mean it a great car or the best driving car, its an emotional thing (just like the early Lamborghini Countach)
Heck I think my '67 427 tri-power is a super car (there are more people wishing to own one than there are cars avaliable) I have zero interest in electric cars, don't care how fast they become.

Last edited by walleyfisher; 03-26-2024 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:11 AM
yell03
Safety Car

Received 489 Likes on 262 Posts

I am so sorry I brought up the Tesla Plaid...

The great thing for all of us is cars we are debating if they are supercars or not, 5-10 years ago nothing could touch these cars in terms of performance.

The average Joe can buy a C8 Z51 and run low 11s@121+ in the 1/4 mile, it is a great time in terms of performance.

One day, cars will be better performing due to electric power, but they will not be nearly as fun to drive for those of us who need to hear the sound of their engine.

The following 2 users liked this post by yell03:
CorvettoBrando (04-08-2024), Z0HS1CK (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 08:41 AM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,738 Likes on 876 Posts

Corvette will never be a supercar until they double the price and half it's livability.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:49 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by yell03
I am so sorry I brought up the Tesla Plaid...

The great thing for all of us is cars we are debating if they are supercars or not, 5-10 years ago nothing could touch these cars in terms of performance.

The average Joe can buy a C8 Z51 and run low 11s@121+ in the 1/4 mile, it is a great time in terms of performance.

One day, cars will be better performing due to electric power, but they will not be nearly as fun to drive for those of us who need to hear the sound of their engine.
Don't be sorry. This is a discussion. We like what we like. And we hate what we hate.

tesla as a brand is probably the most hated brand among car enthusiasts and non enthusiasts. But we can't neglect the hurdles tesla has made with less than 2 decades to evolve to what they became. And it only gets better for them.

Imagine a little over a decade ago the model s debuted. Then 10 years later it became the fastest production car. Becoming the gold standard for straight line performance. Even to this day people want to build their cars just to say they can or have beaten a plaid. That's the standard now for fast cars.

Hate or love it, the car(s) are remarkable in terms of innovation, technology and the evolution of what's to come.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:55 AM
yell03
Safety Car

Received 489 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Z0HS1CK
Don't be sorry. This is a discussion. We like what we like. And we hate what we hate.

tesla as a brand is probably the most hated brand among car enthusiasts and non enthusiasts. But we can't neglect the hurdles tesla has made with less than 2 decades to evolve to what they became. And it only gets better for them.

Imagine a little over a decade ago the model s debuted. Then 10 years later it became the fastest production car. Becoming the gold standard for straight line performance. Even to this day people want to build their cars just to say they can or have beaten a plaid. That's the standard now for fast cars.

Hate or love it, the car(s) are remarkable in terms of innovation, technology and the evolution of what's to come.
The closest I have come was wasting a P100D in my Turbo S from a slow roll. The guy was cool and very surprised.
I wouldn't come close to a Plaid.

I truly think Hybrid Powertrains become the way of the future...

Engine Sounds, AWD, and Instant acceleration from the electric motors. Best of both worlds.
They should be able to make cars more efficient this way, not just faster.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:14 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by yell03
The closest I have come was wasting a P100D in my Turbo S from a slow roll. The guy was cool and very surprised.
I wouldn't come close to a Plaid.

I truly think Hybrid Powertrains become the way of the future...

Engine Sounds, AWD, and Instant acceleration from the electric motors. Best of both worlds.
They should be able to make cars more efficient this way, not just faster.

Yeah the ERAY has tons of potential and if and when GM puts out the ZORA, will be probably be equal, if not, faster than the model s plaid. The gold standard for straight line.

Plaid has ruined it for the car community. A simple 4 door EV supercar sedan that beats other supercars 4-5x the price. Insane value!

Can't wait to see what the tesla roadster hypercar will look like!
Old 03-26-2024, 09:15 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Thats the problem, NO One is agreeing with you, not even the guy that owns one.

where are these many people at? Not here, not there, not anywhere. Its in your imagination, which is ok. I get it. Start a poll, youll see, it wont be voted a supercar like the Z06 or Eray.

Have great day!! Getting ready to take my supercar C8Z out today. Suppose to be 75 degrees.
I'm actually getting my C8Z supercar tinted this saturday so i can't wait for that!

Hopefully i don't run into the model s plaid supercar on the way there because he'll make me look like i'm standing still.

It is hard to keep up with those EV supercars you know. Enjoy your C8Z supercar!!!

Get notified of new replies

To VIDEO: C8 Z06 is a Supercar, not a sports car

Old 03-26-2024, 10:41 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,322 Likes on 1,210 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I just did a cruise event and they put me with the supercars & exotics, not with the other Corvettes (including C8 Stingrays). Personally, I consider it a supercar, and apparently so do plenty of other people. All the supercar and exotic owners at the event really appreciated what the car is. Going mid-engine really moved the C8 to be much more appreciated by the supercar & exotic groups, and the Z06 having that incredible NA FPC LT6 seems to have definitely pushed the Z06 into the supercar category.
Z0HS1CK (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 12:25 PM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 443 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by m103114
how is a Ferrari 458 & 488, and a Hurracan considered a supercar over a C8 Z06?
Well there is this.....seems like a Supercar should at least be in the Top 30. Old *** Dodge Viper FE car still representing the U.S. at least.

Old 03-26-2024, 01:09 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,954 Likes on 4,316 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ
Well there is this.....seems like a Supercar should at least be in the Top 30. Old *** Dodge Viper FE car still representing the U.S. at least.

Those times mean nothing, only cars in the C&D lightening lap matter
TARANTULA (03-26-2024)

Quick Reply: VIDEO: C8 Z06 is a Supercar, not a sports car