Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Aftermarket 2024 Z06 Front Splitter

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2024, 01:26 PM
MVPJEFF106
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidC84B
I'm waiting for ACS to bring out their stuff... I chuckle at the post above "Perfect fit, had to drill holes".
Correct...Fitment was perfect, two of the holes meant for the push pins needed to be enlarged due to the push pins being wider than original size from removing them and the reverse tension.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:14 PM
Young_Z06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 351 Likes on 188 Posts

I’ve had the apsis splitter on my car since September. Very happy with the fit and finish. Did have to get one longer bolt but was easily addressed by quick trip to hardware store.

Old 03-14-2024, 06:23 PM
IdRatherBGolfing
Drifting

Received 930 Likes on 492 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2921 C8 of the Year 2021 Modified Finalist

No removal of front bumper for install?
Old 03-14-2024, 06:35 PM
minuteman71
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 173 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by IdRatherBGolfing
No removal of front bumper for install?
Nope just a bunch of underbody panels. It installs exactly where the factory piece comes off.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:53 AM
d16dcoe45
Pro

Received 326 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by superramvette2
My experience with apsisusa front splitter w dive planes. One part had “replace’ on it and was told it was a warranty part for another customer. Bolts were not long enough that were supplied so I had to source my own. Didn’t include dive plane tab holders had to source them. No template for where to cut you had to guess and pray you were right. I’m still waiting for my 1.75 percent refund in tax overcharge. Quality of parts was average. I have no experience w sigala. This might get deleted since they are a sponsor on here.

Would this worry you?

Bolts too recessed for supplied hardware to work. I contacted him and his solution was go buy longer bolts. Not “I’ll send longer bolts” which is what is expected from a 2K purchase.

This is the template for the dive planes. An envelope cut up all the same size . No way to properly orient the dive planes you have to just wing it.
From buying carbon parts over the years for various cars I've come to the realization that they are a complete waste of time and money. They NEVER EVER fit as well as stock and almost always require holes to be opened up and/or new holes drilled. OEM parts HAVE to all be the same for production lines to work, they carbon parts don't. I've also noticed that unless you are spending HUGE money, you are going to be getting a fiberglas layup with a single layer of carbon fiber on the surface to give you "the look". As far as performance and weight savings however, it just isn't there. I steer clear of aftermarket carbon now, all the ill fitment and modification required for minimal to no weight reduction just isn't worth it, especially for a primarily street driven car.

I see in the other thread someone is DYING to cut up their brand new non Z07 car to install a Z07 spoiler or aftermarket spoiler I just don't get it. All it is is a fantastic way to hurt the value of the car. I get that people like the look and possibly rear bite improvements from a rear spoiler, but your better off finding a Z07 than piecing something together to prove to the world it can be done.

Last edited by d16dcoe45; 03-15-2024 at 04:49 AM.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:45 AM
z06 frog
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I installed the Apsis front splitter with dive planes. The quality of the carbon flash piece was certainly adequate; however, no customer support, no hardware, and no templates. I found them extremely hard to work with on customer service of any sort.
I installed the Sigala 07 wing in carbon flash. Customer service and honesty were remarkable in spite of them suffering through the San Diego flooding. Alex, Sigala was extremely reachable and prompt with any questions or issues.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket 2024 Z06 Front Splitter