Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Radio Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2024, 11:54 AM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Received 890 Likes on 409 Posts

Default Radio Question

The Corvettes C8 (S and Z06) and the Cadillac CTV 5, both have the PAUSE FEATURE. I am curious if you owners like this over being able to see what is actually airing on the screen.

I often listen to something and when commercials come on turn the radio off, and when they are over turn back on. With the aforementioned cars, I turn on the radio and have to hit the forward button to see where the programming is. To me a real pain.

Maybe GM is catering to the majority who like pause, but "it ain't me babe".
The following users liked this post:
Bald Guy (02-21-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 11:47 AM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Over 100 views and not one comment. Anyone have a radio?
Interesting
Old 02-21-2024, 01:19 PM
Ken_C8
Melting Slicks

Received 892 Likes on 410 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '21

Interesting question. I guess I don't listen to commercials with Amazon Music or Sirius XM trial.
Old 02-21-2024, 06:13 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Ken_C8
Interesting question. I guess I don't listen to commercials with Amazon Music or Sirius XM trial.
Thanks for answering, I was feeling lonely.

I really wonder how many out there actually listen to news and or other programming and find the requirement to hear everything rather than turn on and off the radio, bothers them.
It seems they only care about their transmission working (lol).
Old 02-21-2024, 06:44 PM
Bald Guy
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by RBK
The Corvettes C8 (S and Z06) and the Cadillac CTV 5, both have the PAUSE FEATURE. I am curious if you owners like this over being able to see what is actually airing on the screen.

I often listen to something and when commercials come on turn the radio off, and when they are over turn back on. With the aforementioned cars, I turn on the radio and have to hit the forward button to see where the programming is. To me a real pain.

Maybe GM is catering to the majority who like pause, but "it ain't me babe".
Yes, forwarding can be a real pain and inconvenience . I like to actually see what is airing on screen.

Thank you for pointing out.
Old 02-22-2024, 11:05 AM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bald Guy
Yes, forwarding can be a real pain and inconvenience . I like to actually see what is airing on screen.

Thank you for pointing out.
You are welcome. I am disappointed more people do not opine. I cannot understand the rationale behind "pausing"? If the majority of Corvette owners like it, that would be good to know and also why?
If not, maybe we can get a change like all other cars.
Old 02-22-2024, 11:57 AM
minn19
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 120 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by RBK
You are welcome. I am disappointed more people do not opine. I cannot understand the rationale behind "pausing"? If the majority of Corvette owners like it, that would be good to know and also why?
If not, maybe we can get a change like all other cars.
Sorry, I don’t have much to opine on regarding that subject. I’m more pissed they deleted the HD radio, especially on 3LZs. I usually only listen to my local sports station or CarPlay for music. Don’t listen to podcasts hardly at all. I can’t stand Sirius/XM.
Old 02-22-2024, 07:41 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by minn19
Sorry, I don’t have much to opine on regarding that subject. I’m more pissed they deleted the HD radio, especially on 3LZs. I usually only listen to my local sports station or CarPlay for music. Don’t listen to podcasts hardly at all. I can’t stand Sirius/XM.
That is helpful. I only listen to Sirius so the difference may rest there.
The following users liked this post:
minn19 (02-22-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To Radio Question

Quick Reply: Radio Question