Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Z 06 Instake Removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2024, 12:12 PM
SPDYC6
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Z 06 Instake Removal

Has anyone removed their intake manifold off their Z06 to have it painted? How hard was it and how long did it take you?
Old 02-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Joefab
Supporting Vendor

Received 722 Likes on 329 Posts

I called my chevy dealer they sent me the factory procedures. My guys feel by simply “ looking “its a 1 to 2 hours off and then 1 to 2 hours to reinstall. Ive got a hard top convertible and the Corvette dealer tech said it’s no big deal and a price to turn key it for me. I also want to get mine painted factory red and put a clear engine cover over it all. I’d do it myself but i dont have the patience. Im likely nutz too because on a convertible ill onkly see the engine in service mode and or really go all in and buy the falcon engineering Lexan engine cover and CUT open and modify the Z06s rear factory hatch so the engine is visible convertible top up all the time. Factory replacement hatch is only $1200 FYI for concours resale.
Old 02-14-2024, 02:59 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 620 Likes on 456 Posts

I will be painting mine. I have heard that it’s not difficult to remove and then reinstall. But only heresay
Old 02-14-2024, 04:39 PM
MVPJEFF106
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Interested as well if anyone has hands on experience with this yet?
Old 02-14-2024, 04:43 PM
jswatek
Burning Brakes

Received 197 Likes on 129 Posts

I have seen some other threads discussing this. It sounds like it may be fairly involved but doable. Search around and maybe you can find the thread where someone has done it.
Old 02-14-2024, 11:23 PM
buzzyng
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

I've done it and it's being painted next week. I have an HTC so it makes it just a little tougher as the coolant reservoir needs to be moved. You can open both the trunk and top but I ended up taking the truck lid off and the vent to make easier access. There are 4 bolts that are a pain in the butt to get to and loosen but is doable. My wife thinks I'm beyond crazy for 'tearing apart a brand new car' :-0 but the visual will be worth as long as I reconnect everything correctly.
Old 02-14-2024, 11:24 PM
buzzyng
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Joefab
I called my chevy dealer they sent me the factory procedures. My guys feel by simply “ looking “its a 1 to 2 hours off and then 1 to 2 hours to reinstall. Ive got a hard top convertible and the Corvette dealer tech said it’s no big deal and a price to turn key it for me. I also want to get mine painted factory red and put a clear engine cover over it all. I’d do it myself but i dont have the patience. Im likely nutz too because on a convertible ill onkly see the engine in service mode and or really go all in and buy the falcon engineering Lexan engine cover and CUT open and modify the Z06s rear factory hatch so the engine is visible convertible top up all the time. Factory replacement hatch is only $1200 FYI for concours resale.
@Joefab Does it also include the torque specs as I am still looking for when I put back together?

Old 02-15-2024, 11:04 AM
Joefab
Supporting Vendor

Received 722 Likes on 329 Posts

HI GUYS
Joe Fabiani president of Fabspeed Motorsport USA. I have the GM C8Z06 factory workshop manual instructions for Removing and Reinstalling the Z06 intake plenums. I might simply have my Fabspeed mechanics do it for my hard top convertible. It does not look that difficult. I have attached the GM C8Z06 workshop instructions and on the last page it mentions Shop labor times if I understand it all correctly. I plan on painting my intake the same RED metallic style color as Ive seen on many Z06 cars coming through Fabspeed for upgrades.

Hope you all have a great week and NO more snow in the North East so we can drive these cars!!
Spoiler

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Z06 intake (2).pdf (4.08 MB, 38 views)
The following 4 users liked this post by Joefab:
Irpilot (02-17-2024), jswatek (02-17-2024), MVPJEFF106 (02-15-2024), Ragtop 99 (02-15-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To Z 06 Instake Removal

Quick Reply: Z 06 Instake Removal