Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Florida Z06 sold orders

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2023, 10:54 AM
Jc9rodgers
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Florida Z06 sold orders

Wanted to see if anyone can officially confirm that Florida dealers CAN'T place sold orders for the 2024 Z06. I have been on the Z06 list with my local dealer here in Sarasota for about 2 years. I received a call from the dealership on 11/29 saying that they have an allocation for my Z06 and to submit my build. I completed the build and turned it in and then a few days later they came back to me and said that they could not do a sold order here in Florida. There were a couple of options that I wanted such a the NCM delivery and a red interior that I can't do now. They are now saying that they are going to place their order and put my name on it when it comes in. Of course they are now saying that they are going to mark it up $10K over MSRP because they can (because it isn't a sold order). My build price is $146K and I want to find out if this is true that Florida can't do sold orders for the Z06 or if this is a dealer that is screwing me out of a two year wait to make a few extra dollars. Thanks to anyone that has true and confirmed information.
Old 12-10-2023, 12:29 PM
Mark2021C8
Pro

Received 489 Likes on 264 Posts

Seems to me that this was discussed on one of the Corvette forums recently.

I believe Florida Gov and political figures care more about the auto dealers than the consumers. From the previous forums posts, I remember a law was past this summer that was suppose to protect dealers from allowing direct to consumer sales cutting out the dealers--such as the Tesla direct to consumer sales. Instead the dealers are now using this law to say that they cannot do sold orders, which may be true as GM (I think) will not allow dealers to input sold retail orders into their system as they say they are only following the FL law. Based on this scenario, FL is becoming just as screwed up as California in the government arena. The only issue for you should be that you cannot do Museum Delivery and any other special items that would require sold retail order status. Instead though, the unethical FL dealers are deciding they will now ALSO mark up the cars. If you were promised MSRP, the dealer can still sell to you at MSRP if they want to but it sounds like they want to give you the "shaft". Sad all the way around.

Originally Posted by Jc9rodgers
Wanted to see if anyone can officially confirm that Florida dealers CAN'T place sold orders for the 2024 Z06. I have been on the Z06 list with my local dealer here in Sarasota for about 2 years. I received a call from the dealership on 11/29 saying that they have an allocation for my Z06 and to submit my build. I completed the build and turned it in and then a few days later they came back to me and said that they could not do a sold order here in Florida. There were a couple of options that I wanted such a the NCM delivery and a red interior that I can't do now. They are now saying that they are going to place their order and put my name on it when it comes in. Of course they are now saying that they are going to mark it up $10K over MSRP because they can (because it isn't a sold order). My build price is $146K and I want to find out if this is true that Florida can't do sold orders for the Z06 or if this is a dealer that is screwing me out of a two year wait to make a few extra dollars. Thanks to anyone that has true and confirmed information.
Old 12-10-2023, 12:58 PM
Jc9rodgers
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Mark2021C8
Seems to me that this was discussed on one of the Corvette forums recently.

I believe Florida Gov and political figures care more about the auto dealers than the consumers. From the previous forums posts, I remember a law was past this summer that was suppose to protect dealers from allowing direct to consumer sales cutting out the dealers--such as the Tesla direct to consumer sales. Instead the dealers are now using this law to say that they cannot do sold orders, which may be true as GM (I think) will not allow dealers to input sold retail orders into their system as they say they are only following the FL law. Based on this scenario, FL is becoming just as screwed up as California in the government arena. The only issue for you should be that you cannot do Museum Delivery and any other special items that would require sold retail order status. Instead though, the unethical FL dealers are deciding they will now ALSO mark up the cars. If you were promised MSRP, the dealer can still sell to you at MSRP if they want to but it sounds like they want to give you the "shaft". Sad all the way around.
Thanks for that info. These dealerships are getting worse every time I buy a new car. They have turned what should be a great experience into dreading having to go buy a car. If they don't sell to me at my agreed MSRP price then I will do everything I can to give them terrible reviews and hopefully saving many people the hassle of dealing with them.
Old 12-10-2023, 01:22 PM
chevyrules727
Burning Brakes

Received 767 Likes on 394 Posts

That is freaking messed up.....

Not just the new law, that has been discussed already why it is ridiculous and just hope it is everyone still being overly reactive to it and eventually settle down and allow SRE orders again.

But it is freaking ridiculous the dealer is now tacking on $10K ADM because now it is a TRE order while they claim if it was an SRE, it would have been MSRP. I would run from that dealer. I suspect they would have tossed on that ADM anyway and using the SRE/TRE semantics as an excuse, but freak.
The following 2 users liked this post by chevyrules727:
Howydo (12-17-2023), Jc9rodgers (12-10-2023)
Old 12-10-2023, 01:25 PM
hamta
Racer

Received 482 Likes on 191 Posts

Thanks for that info. These dealerships are getting worse every time I buy a new car. They have turned what should be a great experience into dreading having to go buy a car. If they don't sell to me at my agreed MSRP price then I will do everything I can to give them terrible reviews and hopefully saving many people the hassle of dealing with them.

This may not help you in this instant case, however, you should be able to order any car (make, model, options, etc.) from an out of state dealer and pick it up at their location (the selling dealer's) and drive it back to Florida and register it there. Alternatively, you should be able to execute the same purchase arrangement by buying out of state and having the vehicle shipped to your address in Florida and then registering it in state. There are quite a few great MSRP Dealers that have been identified and listed (and discussed frequently) on this web site and the other main Corvette forum. It seems like the purpose of the Florida legislation was designed to protect the local franchised car dealers (they have incredibly powerful lobbies (NADA, etc.)) on the State and Federal levels that protect their interests. In addition, I not sure that GM is interpreting the law correctly (for example, why prohibit Museum Delivery (R8C)?), but, that's the least of GM's concerns. Good luck and I hope that this issue gets resolved to your full satisfaction.
The following users liked this post:
Jc9rodgers (12-10-2023)
Old 12-10-2023, 01:38 PM
Jc9rodgers
3rd Gear

Thanks for the response. It is messed up and I would gladly run from this dealership but I have been waiting two years for the Z06 and if I go to a dealer outside of Florida then it will be another two years.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jc9rodgers:
hamta (12-10-2023), harley2 (12-10-2023)
Old 12-10-2023, 05:12 PM
hamta
Racer

Received 482 Likes on 191 Posts

Thanks for the response. It is messed up and I would gladly run from this dealership but I have been waiting two years for the Z06 and if I go to a dealer outside of Florida then it will be another two years.

It certainly isn't right for your Dealer to take advantage of this situation, as it appears he is. So sorry to hear this. I hope he surprises you, and honors his original MSRP agreement with you...
The following users liked this post:
Jc9rodgers (12-10-2023)
Old 12-10-2023, 09:45 PM
PuffC8
Pro

Received 594 Likes on 302 Posts

A few months back the last few allocation cycles for 2023 were TRE orders only nationwide. Sucked for people wanting museum delivery.

Is it only Florida now? Or multiple states?
Old 12-10-2023, 10:22 PM
chevyrules727
Burning Brakes

Received 767 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by PuffC8
A few months back the last few allocation cycles for 2023 were TRE orders only nationwide. Sucked for people wanting museum delivery.

GM made it possible for those TRE-only orders to select NCM delivery. Probably since delivery is at the museum, it would still probably run afoul of this law in dealers/GM’s mind. Despite the fact before you can pick it up, the car is paid for and registered. So to FL, they should see it as “delivered” at the dealer.

Only FL right now.
Old 12-17-2023, 08:29 AM
1Sikstik
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I live in Florida and buy all my vehicles out of state because when I get serious to purchase I compare prices and buying local or in state is always more expensive for me. I really don't try to figure it out but 100% of the time I buy out of state and have it shipped to my driveway for less $$$.
Old 12-17-2023, 08:45 AM
Broken Halo
Melting Slicks

Received 1,749 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by PuffC8

This is true. My Z here in Michigan had to be submitted as TRE order when an allocation came up. After a 3 1/2 year wait from deposit I finally took delivery July 31 and was surprised my small dealer kept his word at MSRP.

Get notified of new replies

To Florida Z06 sold orders

Quick Reply: Florida Z06 sold orders