Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Odd issue maybe some else has experienced, remote start.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 04:53 PM
superramvette2
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 66 Posts

Default Odd issue maybe some else has experienced, remote start.

Last night after leaving work(car was locked) I hit the remote button twice. Normal yellow marker lamp flash happens and I hear a click but no start. Hit lock button and repeat process. Same thing, wouldn’t cold start. Got in vehicle and hit start button and it would not start. Kept saying hit start button again . Tried multiple combos and vehicle wouldn’t crank. I thought I was stranded. Waited a bit, put foot back on brake tried again and it finally cranked. It has done this twice now and I’m not sure what the issue is. No error lights so I’m assuming user error but this isn’t my first remote start vehicle so why is it not remote starting and not starting when I enter vehicle (I suspect vehicle thinks engine is running when I enter which is why it tells me to hit start button again. )

random thing just curious if anyone else have something similar and perhaps pushing remote start center button twice while locked isn’t the correct button combo ?
Old 11-16-2023, 07:24 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,561 Likes on 4,280 Posts

The owner's manual lists a number of conditions that will prevent remote start from working. None of those should affect starting inside the car with the start button, though. Maybe the failed remote starts set some condition that needed to time out? That's only a guess, and not really a very logical one.
Old 11-16-2023, 07:35 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,256 Likes on 2,184 Posts

I haven't used the remote start since getting the car only because i have heard stories about issues doing this. So to rule that out, i decided to never doing remote start which sucks because i do wanna hear the cold start from the outside for a change lol
The following users liked this post:
23/C8Z (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 07:36 PM
smithers
Melting Slicks

Received 5,031 Likes on 1,834 Posts

I've had the remote start not want to work a couple of times, but never had any issue jumping in the car right after and starting it. The reasons for the remote start not working in the manual have never been something that has happened with my car (to my knowledge at least... maybe the coolant temp was it.. not sure what the threshold is but my car has been driven just before so it was still warmed up).

C8's just seem like a bit of a buggy computer on wheels.
Old 11-16-2023, 08:40 PM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,340 Likes on 591 Posts

I use the remote start at least 5 times a week!
No issues

Old 11-16-2023, 09:10 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,775 Likes on 3,184 Posts

Originally Posted by Z0HS1CK
I haven't used the remote start since getting the car only because i have heard stories about issues doing this. So to rule that out, i decided to never doing remote start which sucks because i do wanna hear the cold start from the outside for a change lol

Me too.

I think the end result was new transmissions.

I still believe this has something to do with not setting the parking brake and the trans sitting on whatever mechanism like a park and not liking whatever threshold is standard for it to know its safe to do so.as opposed to HAVING to step on the brake when you sit inside to manually start it.

Nobody is on the brake when you remote start the car.

And all the times I've read it it always started with a remote start not working. Then getting in and nothing.

I set the parking brake before I out the car in park that has bothered me that much. And I don't use the remote start.
Old 11-16-2023, 09:58 PM
superramvette2
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 66 Posts

I will try using parking brake from now on and see if that helps.
Old 12-31-2023, 04:08 AM
cepter
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Did you ever figure it out?

Happened twice so far with my 24 z06... I assume it might be because I shut car off without pressing park (it should park Automatically?.

QUOTE=superramvette2;1607244917]Last night after leaving work(car was locked) I hit the remote button twice. Normal yellow marker lamp flash happens and I hear a click but no start. Hit lock button and repeat process. Same thing, wouldn’t cold start. Got in vehicle and hit start button and it would not start. Kept saying hit start button again . Tried multiple combos and vehicle wouldn’t crank. I thought I was stranded. Waited a bit, put foot back on brake tried again and it finally cranked. It has done this twice now and I’m not sure what the issue is. No error lights so I’m assuming user error but this isn’t my first remote start vehicle so why is it not remote starting and not starting when I enter vehicle (I suspect vehicle thinks engine is running when I enter which is why it tells me to hit start button again. )

random thing just curious if anyone else have something similar and perhaps pushing remote start center button twice while locked isn’t the correct button combo ?[/QUOTE]

Get notified of new replies

To Odd issue maybe some else has experienced, remote start.

Quick Reply: Odd issue maybe some else has experienced, remote start.