Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Two Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2023, 06:36 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Received 890 Likes on 409 Posts

Default Two Issues

I own a 2023 Cadillac CTV 5 Black wing and a 2023 Corvette Z06. I have found that when I push the sound (on/off) button on either car whatever was being listened too, stops. In other words, instead of, say, a commercial I did not want to hear, and waiting 5 minutes, when I turn the radio (Sirius) back on, the same commercial is playing. Anyone understand why? Also, and of less concern is the reading on dash regarding what is being played on Sirius is inaccurate. For example, if a commercial for beer was on and another starts, no change.Virtually every other car I have or do own accurately reads what is on the radio and is in "real time"..

The second issue has to do with the lift. I can find no reference in the manual to how to use the GPS to provide a memory for when I want the car to lift, although I get a signal on the display to be able to do it by pushing an arrow which, when pushed, does nothing.

Old 11-15-2023, 12:04 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

No one has read this who owns one or both of these cars?
Old 11-15-2023, 12:49 PM
jkirsc1
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 17 Posts

For my front lift, after I push the front lift button (the one on the console) when I'm at the location where I want the car to lift, the display on the dash asks if I want to save the location and if so press the "<--" on the right side of the steering wheel. I press it and it saves the location. Not sure why yours is not working as designed.
The following users liked this post:
firstgear (11-15-2023)
Old 11-15-2023, 01:11 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,050 Posts

Yes, my lift works the same way, it asks you to store, and pushing the arrow will store it. If yours is not working that way, it is either some form of user error or something not working.

The "Mute" button is a pause button if you are listening to something that can be paused -- believe a phone call will have the same impact. You can fast forward back to "live" if you want.
Old 11-15-2023, 02:57 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jkirsc1
For my front lift, after I push the front lift button (the one on the console) when I'm at the location where I want the car to lift, the display on the dash asks if I want to save the location and if so press the "<--" on the right side of the steering wheel. I press it and it saves the location. Not sure why yours is not working as designed.
Thank you, mine may simply not be working
Old 11-15-2023, 02:59 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by z28lt1
Yes, my lift works the same way, it asks you to store, and pushing the arrow will store it. If yours is not working that way, it is either some form of user error or something not working.

The "Mute" button is a pause button if you are listening to something that can be paused -- believe a phone call will have the same impact. You can fast forward back to "live" if you want.
Thank you
Old 11-15-2023, 04:40 PM
Exia
Burning Brakes

Received 854 Likes on 356 Posts

You need to press the correct key on the steering wheel to save the GPS location. Pressing the scroll wheel does not save it, I believe its one of the arrows.

As for Sirius you are listening to a station that can be paused so its similar to listening to a podcast or music from your phone, when paused you can resume whenever you want or on this case when you get back in the car. You would need to change it to live to get what is current.
Kruegs (11-20-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 12:29 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Exia
You need to press the correct key on the steering wheel to save the GPS location. Pressing the scroll wheel does not save it, I believe its one of the arrows.

As for Sirius you are listening to a station that can be paused so its similar to listening to a podcast or music from your phone, when paused you can resume whenever you want or on this case when you get back in the car. You would need to change it to live to get what is current.
I have pressed the arrow as indicated and nothing happens.
As for the radio. Never had that on any other car. I found it I want to "catch up", I punch in Audio, and then press the forward symbol.
Old 11-16-2023, 01:06 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,050 Posts

If you are pressing the correct arrow when prompted and it isn't storing your locations, you might need a trip to the dealer.

Many older (and some current) radios don't have the ability to pause sat radio (requires the radio to have storage), so that's probably why you haven't experienced it before.

One of my other cars is pretty neat in that it will buffer like 8 stations (that you pre-select) or so at the same time - so when you switch to one of those stations, it starts playing the currently played song from the beginning instead of wherever it is "live". Of course, you can rewind and fast forward those as well.
CPhelps (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 03:18 PM
CPhelps
Drifting

Received 304 Likes on 174 Posts

My '13 Tahoe has a radio with storage, but there's a specific "pause/play" button to pause the radio. Stores about 10 minutes worth, iirc. To catch up to real time you have to hit the forward button repeatedly until you get back to real time in whatever the increment is, or I've found since it only stores one station at once, i can simply swap to another preset and then back again to get back to real time. A lot of newer radios don't seem to have the pause feature anymore, so it's cool that the Z06 does, even if it may not be as intuitive.
Old 11-18-2023, 09:32 PM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 730 Likes on 481 Posts

There’s no confirmation of saving a gps location. The next time you’re in that general location it’ll just give you a message that it’s automatically lifting.
BearZ06 (11-18-2023)
Old 11-20-2023, 09:54 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,543 Likes on 4,277 Posts

Instead of Mute, you can turn the volume all the way down.

Get notified of new replies

To Two Issues

Quick Reply: Two Issues