Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Took the ZO6 out for a little ride

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2023, 11:33 AM
C8gofast
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Took the ZO6 out for a little ride

https://www.facebook.com/1429219243/posts/pfbid0KqtwkQ91NpCthr8ST3jU7rd1CA4zNySFVb ACdNHHpu7RLRFhebQQwFw1bcxiyo8gl/?d=n&mibextid=qC1gEa

Last edited by C8gofast; 11-04-2023 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Link doesn’t work
Old 11-04-2023, 11:53 AM
curvesman
Safety Car

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified 2020

Originally Posted by C8gofast
https://www.facebook.com/1429219243/posts/pfbid0KqtwkQ91NpCthr8ST3jU7rd1CA4zNySFVb ACdNHHpu7RLRFhebQQwFw1bcxiyo8gl/?d=n&mibextid=qC1gEa
Yes did not work BUT if its the one I saw on tube that was quite a ride 190 LOL
Old 11-05-2023, 04:56 PM
C8gofast
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 91 Posts

I’ll try to post a different method
Old 11-05-2023, 05:17 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,258 Likes on 2,186 Posts

Link didn't work for me.

However on another note i finally past 500 miles today and got a chance to experience redline.

My god this car is insane! Turns heads every freaking where lol. I love it!

However it is a different experience vs previous corvettes obviously. Maybe the car has to "fully take off break in"? I read torque is reduced during break in so perhaps my next drive everything will be good to go. I only say this because i did a pull in 2nd at around 510 miles and it didn't scare me lol. It just gave me a rush because of how loud and insane the car sounded. I want more seat time with this car post break in so i won't jump to conclusions just yet but i think, i think my C7Z is faster than my C8Z. Or perhaps it's the torque of the LT4 that's telling me otherwise.

I'm not complaining. This is what i wanted. A high revving NA engine.
Old 11-05-2023, 05:24 PM
smithers
Melting Slicks

Received 5,035 Likes on 1,835 Posts

Originally Posted by Z0HS1CK
Link didn't work for me.

However on another note i finally past 500 miles today and got a chance to experience redline.

However it is a different experience vs previous corvettes obviously. Maybe the car has to "fully take off break in"? I read torque is reduced during break in so perhaps my next drive everything will be good to go. I only say this because i did a pull in 2nd at around 510 miles and it didn't scare me lol. It just gave me a rush because of how loud and insane the car sounded. I want more seat time with this car post break in so i won't jump to conclusions just yet but i think, i think my C7Z is faster than my C8Z. Or perhaps it's the torque of the LT4 that's telling me otherwise.

I think the torque of the LT4 makes it feel faster. They seem to be pretty evenly matched when it comes to any sort of roll race (going by videos of people racing them). Just from a driving feel, its hard to compete with that brutal torque at low RPM. LT6 definitely wakes up at about 4000rpm.

I finished my break in last weekend. I'm only gone full throttle and held it until 8600rpm twice now.. this car is fast lol. But I'm also not coming from a C7Z or anything like it, so my perception of things will be quite a bit different. Loving this car though.
The following users liked this post:
23/C8Z (11-05-2023)
Old 11-05-2023, 05:43 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by smithers
I think the torque of the LT4 makes it feel faster. They seem to be pretty evenly matched when it comes to any sort of roll race (going by videos of people racing them). Just from a driving feel, its hard to compete with that brutal torque at low RPM. LT6 definitely wakes up at about 4000rpm.

I finished my break in last weekend. I'm only gone full throttle and held it until 8600rpm twice now.. this car is fast lol. But I'm also not coming from a C7Z or anything like it, so my perception of things will be quite a bit different. Loving this car though.
Yeah it seems that 60-130 is the same and depending on the C7Z setup, the C7Z might be a bit quicker 130+. I can concede to that now.

I have about 530 miles so the last 20-25 miles or so i was having a blast taking her to redline. This car is more about emotion than it is about speed IMHO.

I know the performance is there but i won't know as i won't be taking this car to the track but i'm already feeling connected to this car which is what i was hoping for before getting it.
The following users liked this post:
smithers (11-05-2023)
Old 11-05-2023, 06:27 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,777 Likes on 3,185 Posts

I thought the same thing but here's what I know for a fact. The same pulls from my two prior C7Zs up to 150 are close to 160 now. So its making it up somewhere in the 100 up area.

As for launching low rpm huge difference. Even downshifting.

Coming From my LT4s I thought drop 2 or 3 gears and go. But I did that against a Pro-charged C7 (non 7) and got obliterated. One minute later we did it again this time I started at 6k instead of 5k I went one gear lower and instant 2 cars and stayed that way.

So point is when you think you're in a low enough gear? Go one more down. Your mind fights you because of the car already being in that octave you were about to shift out of in the C7.

Also, the car has to be shut off and completely cycled to get out of that torque safe 1st and 2bd mode after 500mi.

Enjoy.
The following 2 users liked this post by 23/C8Z:
Ragtop 99 (11-05-2023), Z0HS1CK (11-05-2023)
Old 11-05-2023, 07:10 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

It's been a while since i drove something like this with a similar power delivery.

I came from boosted hondas and rx7s but we're talking almost 2 decades ago. So i know how it is to wait for the RPM's to climb before you get that surge of power.

I'm not disappointed with the power delivery, i guess i thought it would "feel" a bit faster. It is fast but perhaps i have to get used to it.

One stretch I was in 3rd at 55mph btw before i punched it, which normally i would be in 4th around 60 in the C7Z and the instant pull from the C7Z was what i was used to. That's why i said months and perhaps years ago how i can't even use the C7Z properly because of no traction lol.

Well at least now i don't have that problem lol. Car hooks and and go.
Old 11-06-2023, 08:55 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Link didn't work for me.

Different type of power. My 458 and my C7Z make exactly the same numbers as each other and the 458 is actually the faster of the two, but the Z feels more powerful and sometimes much more so. It's the relative lack of torque in the FPC engine. They both do an 11 sec flat quarter (as does my E63), but the 458 is trapping 130-132 vs the Z06 only 127 and the 458 just keeps pulling away after that. You'd never guess that by the seat of the pants.
Old 11-07-2023, 06:40 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by TTRotary
Different type of power. My 458 and my C7Z make exactly the same numbers as each other and the 458 is actually the faster of the two, but the Z feels more powerful and sometimes much more so. It's the relative lack of torque in the FPC engine. They both do an 11 sec flat quarter (as does my E63), but the 458 is trapping 130-132 vs the Z06 only 127 and the 458 just keeps pulling away after that. You'd never guess that by the seat of the pants.
the 458 making the same power numbers as the c7z?

if so then the 458 will be faster because of weight I suppose. I know different power delivery and I know it’s the torque of the LT4 that’s blinding me with what seems faster or not. I only had 20 miles or so taking this c8z to redline so not a lot of seat time. I was just going by first impressions once I past the 500 mark and the First pull to redline I did was 2nd and it didn’t scare me where going wot in 3rd in the c7z does because of lack of traction.

either or I’m loving this car for sure. I just thought it would “feel” faster.
Old 11-07-2023, 01:14 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

the 458 making the same power numbers as the c7z?

if so then the 458 will be faster because of weight I suppose. I know different power delivery and I know it’s the torque of the LT4 that’s blinding me with what seems faster or not. I only had 20 miles or so taking this c8z to redline so not a lot of seat time. I was just going by first impressions once I past the 500 mark and the First pull to redline I did was 2nd and it didn’t scare me where going wot in 3rd in the c7z does because of lack of traction.

either or I’m loving this car for sure. I just thought it would “feel” faster.
Same performance numbers, not at all same power numbers. Both the 458 and the C7Z will give you a 3.0 sec 0-60 and an 11sec quarter mile. Looking beyond that, the 458 is 4sec faster to 250kph and so on, so the performance gap starts to widen considerably. The 458 gets it done with 561HP, 398 Torque, 300lb lower curb weight and better gearing/traction. As we know, the C7Z's engine is a monster by comparison, and it feels like one. But the 458 is actually the faster car. That was my point. Your C8Z is much quicker everywhere than a C7Z or a ZR1, but probably doesn't feel that way. I would add that on an engine like that, you really have to get into them and rev them out to feel the benefit. If you drive the C8Z on the street the same way you would drive a C7Z, it will feel like a 460HP car, not a 670HP car. That's the FPC tradeoff.
Old 11-07-2023, 02:11 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by TTRotary
Same performance numbers, not at all same power numbers. Both the 458 and the C7Z will give you a 3.0 sec 0-60 and an 11sec quarter mile. Looking beyond that, the 458 is 4sec faster to 250kph and so on, so the performance gap starts to widen considerably. The 458 gets it done with 561HP, 398 Torque, 300lb lower curb weight and better gearing/traction. As we know, the C7Z's engine is a monster by comparison, and it feels like one. But the 458 is actually the faster car. That was my point. Your C8Z is much quicker everywhere than a C7Z or a ZR1, but probably doesn't feel that way. I would add that on an engine like that, you really have to get into them and rev them out to feel the benefit. If you drive the C8Z on the street the same way you would drive a C7Z, it will feel like a 460HP car, not a 670HP car. That's the FPC tradeoff.
no definitely I’m not saying this car is slow. I’m just giving my first impressions on it since I finally past break in.

You’re right I do have to change my driving style because of how the engine is. It threw me off guard when I did a pull on the same road I always do and it seems that at the end of the pull/section of the same road, I was at a much lower mph in the c8z than I normally end up at with the c7z. Like 5-8mph difference.

Get notified of new replies

To Took the ZO6 out for a little ride

Quick Reply: Took the ZO6 out for a little ride