Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Stuck at 3800 Status

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2023, 10:28 AM
KratosBear
Pro

Received 229 Likes on 133 Posts

The saga continues. My car was suppose to arrive at the dealer today (11-25-23) and it’s still sitting in Kentucky. It says shipped from BG to BG which is strange. My dealer and I hope my car is not being shipped to Michigan, which they are trying to get some answers. If my car goes to Michigan, I told my dealer I will not take delivery of this car.

It never ends.
Old 11-25-2023, 01:42 PM
Shleep62
Heel & Toe

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by KratosBear
The saga continues. My car was suppose to arrive at the dealer today (11-25-23) and it’s still sitting in Kentucky. It says shipped from BG to BG which is strange. My dealer and I hope my car is not being shipped to Michigan, which they are trying to get some answers. If my car goes to Michigan, I told my dealer I will not take delivery of this car.

It never ends.
it’s going from BG straight to your dealer ! The shipping timelines and updated information is not accurate. Then all of a sudden it just shows up!
trust me
Old 11-25-2023, 02:39 PM
KratosBear
Pro

Originally Posted by Shleep62
it’s going from BG straight to your dealer ! The shipping timelines and updated information is not accurate. Then all of a sudden it just shows up!
trust me
How do you know? Dealer said it showed in their system to arrive today. When he looked again, it said it was shipped back to BG. He said he has never seen that before. My OnStar has been activated so I can track it and it is still sitting in a parking lot in KY. Dealer said they received their truck today and my car is not there 😩
Old 11-25-2023, 02:59 PM
PootyThunder
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

How do you know? Dealer said it showed in their system to arrive today. When he looked again, it said it was shipped back to BG. He said he has never seen that before. My OnStar has been activated so I can track it and it is still sitting in a parking lot in KY. Dealer said they received their truck today and my car is not there 😩
I think that's what basically happened to me too. The dealer said it was at the dealership and 4 days later I was told it wasn't and it was at BG. Then all I could get out of anyone was that it might be in a QC hold even after all the sitting it had already done waiting on window stickers and such. It sat another 2 weeks in that hold and this Wednesday I got the official email from GM saying it officially shipped. That came from GM and not my dealer. I still haven't heard from the dealer if it's there yet or not but I presume it is. It stinks we keep getting tugged around like this but I think your wait is almost over. Hang in there!
Old 11-25-2023, 03:10 PM
KratosBear
Pro

Originally Posted by PootyThunder
I think that's what basically happened to me too. The dealer said it was at the dealership and 4 days later I was told it wasn't and it was at BG. Then all I could get out of anyone was that it might be in a QC hold even after all the sitting it had already done waiting on window stickers and such. It sat another 2 weeks in that hold and this Wednesday I got the official email from GM saying it officially shipped. That came from GM and not my dealer. I still haven't heard from the dealer if it's there yet or not but I presume it is. It stinks we keep getting tugged around like this but I think your wait is almost over. Hang in there!
Wow! This process is horrendous. How do GM and the dealers not communicate? Have you called your dealer?
Old 11-25-2023, 03:26 PM
PootyThunder
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow! This process is horrendous. How do GM and the dealers not communicate? Have you called your dealer?
I haven't reached out because of the holidays. However, the finance department called me yesterday and said they were sending me paperwork to sign. I asked the finance guy if that means it's officially at the dealership and he wasn't sure. He said I'll have to wait for the sales guy to verify. With the official GM email and the finance guy calling me I think that's a sign. I'll give it till Monday. I've been following your situation for awhile and it has been doing everything mine has thus far. It's purely speculation but if mine is any indication of yours, maybe 2 more weeks for you....of course there hasn't been any rhyme or reason to any of it.
The following users liked this post:
KratosBear (11-25-2023)
Old 11-25-2023, 07:37 PM
KratosBear
Pro

Originally Posted by PootyThunder
I haven't reached out because of the holidays. However, the finance department called me yesterday and said they were sending me paperwork to sign. I asked the finance guy if that means it's officially at the dealership and he wasn't sure. He said I'll have to wait for the sales guy to verify. With the official GM email and the finance guy calling me I think that's a sign. I'll give it till Monday. I've been following your situation for awhile and it has been doing everything mine has thus far. It's purely speculation but if mine is any indication of yours, maybe 2 more weeks for you....of course there hasn't been any rhyme or reason to any of it.
Thanks…. Hopefully, this will all be behind us before we know it.
Old 11-25-2023, 09:48 PM
KratosBear
Pro

So I just tracked my car and entered in the address where it is located. It is at a place approximately 2 hours (133 miles) heading east from the BG assembly plant. It’s not even at BG like I initially thought. Basically, it hasn’t moved from this location since my OnStar was activated yesterday morning. I checked Google Earth where my car is located and there is nothing there but trees and residences. The circle represents where my car is located. Right outside the circle, looks like a spot where a trailer may park. Strange.

Last edited by KratosBear; 11-25-2023 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-25-2023, 09:50 PM
Crossofiron
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Get out while still can

I ordered my 2024 Z06 HTC 2LZ on 7/29/2023, with no Z07 or no carbon fiber parts. My build was straight forward, which had no constraints and went to 3000 status immediately afterwards. TPW was scheduled for 10/2/2023, and my car was produced on 10/6/2023, VIN #170. Since then, I have been stuck at 3800 status with no sticker or change in status.

I have touched base with my dealer, Shane at the museum, and GM concierge and nobody has been able to tell me the reason my status hasn’t changed. Until this week when I spoke with GM concierge and they told me that carbon flash parts are on backorder. That’s right, carbon flash parts. I explained that doesn’t make sense because many Z06s were built after mine, almost the identical build as mine with carbon flash parts, which have already been shipped and the owners took possession of their cars already. In the end, GM concierge told me to be patient as many cars are stuck 3800 status and your status will change once ready. Definitely a Mickey Mouse Operation.

Does anyone have any idea why our cars are stuck at 3800 status with no explanation? This is frustrating to say the least and am learning a whole new level of being patient with this process. Our cars should be in our garages already. Come on GM, do better with keeping us informed!
After waiting 4 years and $160,000 later, I have a car with a leaking DCT and questionable reasons as to the reason for the issue.

I'd bail while you can. Color me disappointed. My 6th Vette. Should have kept my 2011 Z06/Z07
KratosBear (11-25-2023)
Old 11-25-2023, 10:04 PM
KratosBear
Pro

Originally Posted by Crossofiron
After waiting 4 years and $160,000 later, I have a car with a leaking DCT and questionable reasons as to the reason for the issue.

I'd bail while you can. Color me disappointed. My 6th Vette. Should have kept my 2011 Z06/Z07
SMH. I’m sorry to hear that. Can’t make this stuff up anymore.
Old 11-26-2023, 12:40 AM
Crossofiron
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Bail while u can

So I just tracked my car and entered in the address where it is located. It is at a place approximately 2 hours (133 miles) heading east from the BG assembly plant. It’s not even at BG like I initially thought. Basically, it hasn’t moved from this location since my OnStar was activated yesterday morning. I checked Google Earth where my car is located and there is nothing there but trees and residences. The circle represents where my car is located. Right outside the circle, looks like a spot where a trailer may park. Strange.

seriously. Cancel your order. Something is wrong withbthese cars. I wish I could get my money back.
KratosBear (11-26-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 10:58 AM
KratosBear
Pro

Mystery solved. With the powers of OnStar and social media, I learned my car is parked at a guys house on a trailer. Apparently he’s been delivering C8s for 20 years. Guess he stayed home for the holidays. So maybe movement tonight or tomorrow.

I did update the dealer since they were in the dark as well.
Old 11-26-2023, 11:03 AM
Lynch Z06
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 36 Posts

Mystery solved. With the powers of OnStar and social media, I learned my car is parked at a guys house on a trailer. Apparently he’s been delivering C8s for 20 years. Guess he stayed home for the holidays. So maybe movement tonight or tomorrow.

I did update the dealer since they were in the dark as well.
How did you get Onstar activated? Is that how you are tracking it? Where is it going?
Old 11-26-2023, 11:06 AM
KratosBear
Pro

Originally Posted by Lynch Z06
How did you get Onstar activated? Is that how you are tracking it? Where is it going?
Yes. The dealer activated it for me. And then I was able to track it.
Old 11-26-2023, 12:16 PM
Shleep62
Heel & Toe

[QUOTE=KratosBear;1607274689]Yes. The dealer activated it for me. And then I was able to track it.[/QUOTE

wow this drama is very entertaining and unbelievable lmao
i told you that you would get your car !!!
KratosBear (11-26-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 01:18 PM
KratosBear
Pro

[QUOTE=Shleep62;1607274935]
Yes. The dealer activated it for me. And then I was able to track it.[/QUOTE

wow this drama is very entertaining and unbelievable lmao
i told you that you would get your car !!!
You did. Hopefully comes to an end soon.
Shleep62 (11-26-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 12:08 PM
KratosBear
Pro

Dealer just called and car has arrived. Aiming for tomorrow or Thursday pick-up. Almost at the finish line.
The following 5 users liked this post by KratosBear:
capevettes (11-28-2023), Halewafa (11-29-2023), NewbietoVettes (11-28-2023), Porsche_Convert (12-02-2023), Shifterkartdrvr (11-28-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To Stuck at 3800 Status

Old 11-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Shleep62
Heel & Toe

Dealer just called and car has arrived. Aiming for tomorrow or Thursday pick-up. Almost at the finish line.
Awesome ! Congratulations
KratosBear (11-28-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 08:19 PM
1carguy
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow what a great day! My 5600704 window sticker showed up on c8 tracker today. I am beyond excited. Lot of 5600 cars released today. Good luck!
The following 3 users liked this post by 1carguy:
KratosBear (11-29-2023), NewbietoVettes (11-28-2023), Porsche_Convert (11-28-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 03:59 AM
KratosBear
Pro

Originally Posted by 1carguy
Wow what a great day! My 5600704 window sticker showed up on c8 tracker today. I am beyond excited. Lot of 5600 cars released today. Good luck!
Thank you! Feels good when your sticker shows up! Congrats as well. It’s getting real!

Quick Reply: Stuck at 3800 Status