Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Another Bachman horror story

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2023, 11:36 AM
348SStb
Instructor

Location: Palm Beach County, FL and Pickens County, SC originally from Long Island, NY
Received 125 Likes on 68 Posts

Do we have any update?
The following users liked this post:
LE MANSZ (09-12-2023)
Old 09-12-2023, 12:19 PM
AustinVetter
Drifting

Received 2,665 Likes on 1,031 Posts

Originally Posted by HeHateMe
if you had a zO6 would you sell it for msrp? Even if it’s used ? Didn’t think so.
If you had a Z06 would you advertise it for sale on Craigslist at MSRP? Then confirm that with a buyer who lives half a state away? Then after he drives 5 or 6 hours and walks up to your door you THEN tell him you changed your mind and it’s MSRP plus $50k?

That is a more fitting question.
The following 3 users liked this post by AustinVetter:
17 Z06/Z07 (09-12-2023), LE MANSZ (09-12-2023), ShagVette (09-12-2023)
Old 09-12-2023, 01:04 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,560 Likes on 4,280 Posts

Originally Posted by robertbruce
And you still are not the law wizard you think you are.
And you're still engaging in ad hominem attacks instead of posting any actual facts to support your position. Clearly you're not an expert yourself.
JABCAT (09-12-2023)
Old 09-12-2023, 01:10 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,560 Likes on 4,280 Posts

Originally Posted by LE MANSZ
Time for some Econ 101. Free market capitalism would mean D2C is allowed instead of state laws preventing auto manufacturers from selling direct to consumers, and providing dealers with a literal economic cartel.

What you are describing is from corrupt government regulation, not capitalism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_...ect_sales_bans
Even if DTC were allowed, when demand exceeds supply prices will rise to make the two match, or shortages will occur. Usually both.
Old 09-12-2023, 03:37 PM
TurboJunky
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by smithers
I would donate.

It's always been annoying seeing dealers mess with people like this. I always wondered how things would go if someone really went after a dealer that does this sort of thing. Most people don't because financially it just doesn't make much sense. But I'd be happy to pitch in for an effort like this.
Lawsuits have happened and they have been won.

Famous case in the business law books was for a Plymouth Prowler when those were new.

You need a signed agreement with the dealership clearly stating price of the vehicle. Without it, you are sunk.

Old 09-16-2023, 07:35 PM
TxJester
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by wthensler
I've only initiated one lawsuit in my life, for business reasons against a company with much deeper pockets than me.

About $20k of lawyer's fees into it, I realized I wouldn't get the satisfaction I sought and eventually dropped the whole thing and moved on.

Smartest thing I did. It takes lots of energy, effort and financial resources to prosecute a civil case, with never a guarantee how it's going to turn out.

One man's experience only. Wish you luck if you decide to pursue.
I do wish the OP well. But my personal experience has been the only winners at the court house are the lawyers!
with that being said if anybody is able to fight one of these cases and win, please tell that story!
Old 09-22-2023, 01:37 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Received 890 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowzt1$
So far 6k was quote to get started. I said ok. Don’t know how high I would go before tapping out. What Id like to accomplish is at least have their practices disclosed. Someone mentioned a billboard but I am hesitant to slander and don’t know the area and wouldn’t exactly know what to say. At the end of the day I’d rather have them pay for treating people like that than get back money myself. Lots of people struggling to make payments on normal cars getting deceived as well I’ll bet but I don’t know that for fact. All I know for fact is people that have pm me with exact same situation I faced on this car but my guess is that it’s up and down.

btw as an aside I just ordered a car from Sewell Cadillac in tx. They have 3 branches in sa hous and grapevine all sell at msrp with no add ons if not on floor yet. I was able to get a 24 when almost all other dealers trying to tack on 20k or so for a 23. Most honest system I’ve dealt with. PM me if you want salesman’s name. Z06 much harder car to get as you all know but many here have cross interest with Black wing so I thought I’d mention
Bought a Blackwing while waiting for my (finally delivered) Z06. Great car. Paid $10,000 over, but worth it for me to have when I wanted it.
Old 09-23-2023, 05:50 AM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 644 Likes on 421 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by JABCAT
You have no case, and their responsibility ends when they refund your deposit. Move along.
So what's the point of signing a contract? Simply put the contract stated I'm buying this at this price,signed,deal. That was easy.
Old 09-23-2023, 06:19 AM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,740 Likes on 3,016 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Zjoe6
Agree use all the free resources. Google, Yelp, BBB.
Short of a lawsuit, use everything at your disposal....the dealer may not like some bad social media press & cave into you or go as high as you can with the GM brass for some satisfaction
17 Z06/Z07 (09-23-2023)
Old 09-23-2023, 08:08 AM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 223 Posts

It's not similar at all. When you put down the earnest money you have a signed contract to purchase the house. There are ways out of that contract as well, but the OP doesn't have a contract for an actual car. He put down a deposit for a possible future allocation. If he doesn't have a signed purchase agreement attached to an allocation and an accepted customer sold order, the dealership doesn't have to sell him a vehicle at any price. They do have to give him his deposit back, that's it.

If he wanted to push it, the dealership could just simply give their allocations to other customers willing to pay the $50k ADM and string the OP along until the end of the model run then say sorry we don't have any more allocations.

It's as if you don't realize the dealership has a team of attorneys looking over everything they do & they know this practice is perfectly legal.

Just because it is legal does not make it right.

They hate bad google reviews. Those cost nothing. Make sure other consumers know of the issue.

D.
The following 2 users liked this post by ZR-1DUDE:
17 Z06/Z07 (09-23-2023), Kirito (09-25-2023)
Old 09-23-2023, 09:23 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,886 Likes on 4,281 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by ZR-1DUDE
Just because it is legal does not make it right.

They hate bad google reviews. Those cost nothing. Make sure other consumers know of the issue.

D.
Nobody said it was right, just that he didn't have a legitimate case to force the dealership to sell him a car at MSRP. We can all reasonably assume because the OP disappeared from this thread that his attorneys told him the same thing.
Young_Z06 (09-23-2023)
Old 09-23-2023, 09:24 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,886 Likes on 4,281 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF
So what's the point of signing a contract? Simply put the contract stated I'm buying this at this price,signed,deal. That was easy.
OP didn't have a contract, nor did he have a purchase agreement for an actual car. Reading is fundamental
Old 09-23-2023, 09:54 AM
Panfish
Melting Slicks

Received 1,455 Likes on 838 Posts

I am not affiliated with any dealership, nor did I say it had to be a written contract. I've relayed my similar experiences in two separate states with two separate GM vehicle orders.

In my last post I simply stated that on my most recent vehicle purchases, I had a written signed document with the the dealerships when I provided a deposit & what those documents stated.

OP repeatedly used the word "contract" in his initial post put hasn't provided anything that shows what this contract was.

and I don't have a bias or anti-consumer stance, I stated from my personal experience, the potential consumer doesn't really have a lot of recourse. And that was from attorneys I dealt with & the attorney general in my particular situation. I choose not to do business with, nor waste my time with dealerships who operate in this way.
There is no boilerplate situation regarding deposits. It depends on what is in writing and that state’s consumer protection laws. Many state’s have “implied” contractual provisions regarding these situations where a “full blown” contract has yet to be executed, so a buyer may indeed have legal recourse, but may have to spend money to enforce an implied contract. When a dealership accepts a deposit, they usually have free use of those funds and can use it to generate income through interest or other ways, while the buyer is being deprived use of it. If there is written language making a promise in exchange for those funds which is subsequently denied, many states consider that a form of consumer fraud.
17 Z06/Z07 (09-23-2023)
Old 09-23-2023, 10:08 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 644 Likes on 421 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

OP didn't have a contract, nor did he have a purchase agreement for an actual car. Reading is fundamental
I read contract in the initial post,wasn't about to slog through all that bullshit to find otherwise. Reading is fundamental,being a total douche bag,not so much.
The following 2 users liked this post by Z51JEFF:
17 Z06/Z07 (09-23-2023), Kirito (09-25-2023)
Old 09-25-2023, 01:17 PM
Cjunkie
Melting Slicks

Received 172 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by RBK
Bought a Blackwing while waiting for my (finally delivered) Z06. Great car. Paid $10,000 over, but worth it for me to have when I wanted it.
LOL cry’s for months about an MSRP deal goes and pays 10k ADM on a Cadillac WTF?
harley2 (09-25-2023)
Old 09-25-2023, 01:25 PM
348SStb
Instructor

Location: Palm Beach County, FL and Pickens County, SC originally from Long Island, NY
Received 125 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Cjunkie
LOL cry’s for months about an MSRP deal goes and pays 10k ADM on a Cadillac WTF?
LOL?

So you’re laughing out loud, is that it?

Others are laughing out loud at you because you don’t know how to read. If you don’t have anything nice to say, better not to say it at all.

RBK is not the creator of this thread and therefore not the party you intend to denigrate.

Even if he were: one case has nothing to do with another. An agreement at MSRP for one car doesn’t bear any relevance to a deal on another car any more than it does to a deal to buy a truck load of toilets.
The following 2 users liked this post by 348SStb:
17 Z06/Z07 (09-25-2023), LE MANSZ (09-25-2023)
Old 09-25-2023, 01:27 PM
Cjunkie
Melting Slicks

Received 172 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by 348SStb
LOL?

So you’re laughing out loud, is that it?

Others are laughing out loud at you because you don’t know how to read. If you don’t have anything nice to say, better not to say it at all.

RBK is not the creator of this thread and therefore not the party you intend to denigrate.

Even if he were: one case has nothing to do with another. An agreement at MSRP for one car doesn’t bear any relevance to a deal on another any more than it does on a deal to buy a truck load of toilets.
Yes I am go kick rocks

Quick Reply: Another Bachman horror story