Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

NEW - Installed Throttle Controller (Soler Performance)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2023, 08:28 PM
stevebz06
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro-C5
Serious question, why would you "inadvertently" add too much power? I am honestly unclear (besides driving in the rain) why anyone would want pedal hesitation.

This is NOT an on/off switch for the throttle where you feather the throttle and somehow the car goes wide open, it doesn't work like that (unless you make it that way). YOU control how you want the throttle to react. To your point, if someone sets it up for the street or a road course and has it dialed in so you are getting 100% throttle at like 10% pedal than IMO that person is a complete moron and is going to get exactly what they deserve...a car that yes spins out because they are using the device improperly. That would be user error not an issue of the device. Having tracked several of my cars I personally find it a bit frustrating when I push the pedal halfway but I am not getting 50% throttle. To me it is easier to drive when it is more linear meaning 25% pedal is 25% throttle etc...
OK, say you are mid-corner and are going from your brake to the throttle. You are very close to maximum lateral g. if you aren't extremely smooth in blending the power in, you're a good candidate for visiting the sidelines back first. By having a slower opening throttle, this is less likely to happen. GM has a number of engineers who race and they designed the throttle this way purposefully, from what I understand. If you prefer the faster opening throttle, then that's fine, but there is a reason for the way it comes out of the factory.
The following users liked this post:
copjsd (07-09-2023)
Old 07-09-2023, 10:56 PM
Ragtop 99
Safety Car

Received 1,192 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by stevebz06
OK, say you are mid-corner and are going from your brake to the throttle. You are very close to maximum lateral g. if you aren't extremely smooth in blending the power in, you're a good candidate for visiting the sidelines back first. By having a slower opening throttle, this is less likely to happen. GM has a number of engineers who race and they designed the throttle this way purposefully, from what I understand. If you prefer the faster opening throttle, then that's fine, but there is a reason for the way it comes out of the factory.
Easy enough to select OEM for track days and a different mode on the street.

I installed mine today, but it rained and didn't want to start experimenting in the rain.
Old 07-11-2023, 10:41 PM
Ragtop 99
Safety Car

Received 1,192 Likes on 689 Posts

Drove the car to work and back yesterday.

Based upon test driving a C8 with it, I guessed that comfort 7 would be a good place to start and it was. When driving in manual mode, that cleaned up the slow initial tip-in, without being over the top. I did not do much other than test around that. I didn't notice much difference from changing it by1 or 2, so I left it as is. I briefly put the car back in automatic and drove in my mode. The responsiveness was improved, but next time I want the car to shift itself and run in my mode, I will try CF10 or sport 1. I didn't use sport mode with automatic shifting for more than a minute, but CF7 will probably be sufficient. Sport mode already felt pretty good, so a little faster tip-in and its probably enough.

Currently, the controller is attached and I just have sitting in the cupholder for easy access. I haven't decided whether to mount the controller or not. I like the idea of having it available, but realistically, I won't change it regularly. I'm not sure I want to mess with the app while driving, unless I can access it through Android Auto. If I remember, I'll try that tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2023, 11:32 PM
Nitro-C5

Received 3,079 Likes on 908 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'12, '14-'15

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
Drove the car to work and back yesterday.

Based upon test driving a C8 with it, I guessed that comfort 7 would be a good place to start and it was. When driving in manual mode, that cleaned up the slow initial tip-in, without being over the top. I did not do much other than test around that. I didn't notice much difference from changing it by1 or 2, so I left it as is. I briefly put the car back in automatic and drove in my mode. The responsiveness was improved, but next time I want the car to shift itself and run in my mode, I will try CF10 or sport 1. I didn't use sport mode with automatic shifting for more than a minute, but CF7 will probably be sufficient. Sport mode already felt pretty good, so a little faster tip-in and its probably enough.

Currently, the controller is attached and I just have sitting in the cupholder for easy access. I haven't decided whether to mount the controller or not. I like the idea of having it available, but realistically, I won't change it regularly. I'm not sure I want to mess with the app while driving, unless I can access it through Android Auto. If I remember, I'll try that tomorrow.
It is very easy to change with the phone app...however I only change mine in 3 different scenarios. #1) What I normally run it in 99% of the time and that is currently Sport 3 setting #2) If I am doing an Auto X then Sport 8 and #3) If raining then economy mode (which is basically the same as "weather mode" throttle response).

You really need to try out the Sport Modes on normal street driving for a little while and adjust to where you feel it is comfortable. After now having it on for ~500miles if I go from my normal mode of Sport 3 back to the factory stock mode you can tell a huge difference. IMO anyone who uses it will likely never go back to stock modes.
Old 07-12-2023, 12:00 AM
Wujekcity
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 106 Posts

is that really done by Brabus?? thats so cool!!! I can only imagine how fun it is to drive around!

Quick Reply: NEW - Installed Throttle Controller (Soler Performance)