Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Interesting regard Courtesy deliveries

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2023, 02:43 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Received 890 Likes on 409 Posts

Default Interesting regard Courtesy deliveries

I was just informed my TPW is next week and (according to my dealer) the car will be delivered to their dealership, mid July (“at the latest”).
Historically since I buy my cars from Les Stanford in Michigan and live on the west coast, I have had Corvettes delivered to local dealers, the last being my 2020 C8 Stingray in March 2020.

My sales person said the following

”Most dealers won’t do courtesy deliveries.. All dealers out west and Florida are selling them way over MSRP and don’t want us delivering cars to them (when sold for) sticker.”

I will now need to arrange for delivery to my residence.
Old 06-22-2023, 02:53 PM
Shokosugi
Drifting

Received 1,872 Likes on 783 Posts

Originally Posted by RBK
I was just informed my TPW is next week and (according to my dealer) the car will be delivered to their dealership, mid July (“at the latest”).
Historically since I buy my cars from Les Stanford in Michigan and live on the west coast, I have had Corvettes delivered to local dealers, the last being my 2020 C8 Stingray in March 2020.

”Most dealers won’t do courtesy deliveries.. All dealers out west and Florida are selling them way over MSRP and don’t want us delivering cars to them (when sold for) sticker.”

I live in Silicon Valley and bought my Z06 from MacMulkin. I had courtesy delivery at Abel in Rio Vista. The process worked great for me.

The following users liked this post:
Shifterkartdrvr (06-28-2023)
Old 06-22-2023, 03:24 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Happy for you. I don’t mind home delivery.
Old 06-22-2023, 03:30 PM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,340 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by RBK
Happy for you. I don’t mind home delivery.
he thought you may have been asking if courtesy delivery is possible!

if you call dealers out by you, you may find one that will do it for about 500$!
Home delivery will probably be 1500$+
Happy for you

Last edited by harley2; 06-22-2023 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-22-2023, 07:33 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Was not being facetious when saying "happy for you". Glad he could do it (the problem with this medium and parcing words).
I called three dealers and all three said they were "short of staff". One a car is shipped from the factory to a dealer, the buyer has to pay for transportation. At this juncture, I will have the dealer I purchased it from do prep work and pay the $1500 to get it to my door. Actually a convenience given my multiple residences and not knowing where I will be when the car is ready.
The following users liked this post:
harley2 (06-22-2023)
Old 06-22-2023, 08:11 PM
Raisin Man
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by RBK

Not hard to understand. The selling dealer often seems to be viewed as taking "bread off the table" of the courtesy delivery dealer. Egos get in the way. I've run into similar circumstances with a Cadillac purchase from a more capable (in terms of allocations) and customer-friendly dealer a considerable distance away from my home. Let's face it, most local dealers have zero interest in "courtesy" (love that word!) delivering vehicles they haven't also sold. It's really not a good look for the courtesy delivery dealer, who is somewhat offended by the buyer's decision to purchase elsewhere (even if they won't admit it publicly), and yet another reminder to the courtesy dealer that they are under-performing in allocations and sales of that particular car.

Get notified of new replies

To Interesting regard Courtesy deliveries

Quick Reply: Interesting regard Courtesy deliveries