Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

So where are all the Z07s going, anyways?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2023, 12:30 PM
mfain
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by smithers
Oh hey, I'm glad you asked.

Spoiler Alert: This is probably going to **** some people off...lol. Lots of small dealers with a few Z06s so far, all with the Z07 package. I really didn't expect it to be this bad when I started throwing this together. MacMulkin is pretty much getting screwed when it comes to Z07s.

I didn't expect the 'big 3' or whatever to get them all as that just isn't realistic or even reasonable. But I figured the distribution would be a little more even this.

https://www.c8tracker.com/dealers/co...ingray-z06-z07
Out of curiosity, I don't see AutoNation Chevrolet, Mesa, AZ. They have received 4 Z06 allocations (1 Z07, 3 non-Z07s already delivered). Any thoughts? Thanks
Old 05-19-2023, 01:36 PM
smithers
Melting Slicks

Received 5,018 Likes on 1,831 Posts

Originally Posted by mfain
Out of curiosity, I don't see AutoNation Chevrolet, Mesa, AZ. They have received 4 Z06 allocations (1 Z07, 3 non-Z07s already delivered). Any thoughts? Thanks
Since the page I put up last night is very focused on Z07's, it only shows dealers who have gotten at least 1 Z07 built for them so far. If Autonation Mesa Z07 hasn't been built yet, they won't be on the list. They will show up on the list soon after their Z07 is built and the window sticker is available. I checked their data elsewhere on my site and I do have their 3 non-Z07 accounted for.

Heres the Autonation Mesa page that shows the total for what I can see they have gotten so far https://www.c8tracker.com/dealers/view/228
Old 05-19-2023, 01:40 PM
tooold2race
Burning Brakes

Received 547 Likes on 284 Posts

I'm on lists for the Z06 and the E-Ray so which ever comes up first will be fine.

Just browsing listings at dealers on the web for HTC Z06's there are a fair number of Z07's and full aero cars at the small dealers that are in what I'd describe as 'remote' locations. Out of the 100 =/- HTC Z's listed about 25% were presold. The rest were asking crazy prices or had really weird configurations or color combinations, along with what I considered reasonable premium pricing.

Something I did notice, neatly 1/2 of 'em were 70th Anniversary Editions.

With Z production ramping up and the number of of 'em appearing in dealer inventory, the crazy pricing may settle down a bit. I'm sure that they will still command a premium to 'get it now' but it likely won't be as outrageous as we've been seeing....
Old 05-19-2023, 01:55 PM
mfain
Drifting

Since the page I put up last night is very focused on Z07's, it only shows dealers who have gotten at least 1 Z07 built for them so far. If Autonation Mesa Z07 hasn't been built yet, they won't be on the list. They will show up on the list soon after their Z07 is built and the window sticker is available. I checked their data elsewhere on my site and I do have their 3 non-Z07 accounted for.

Heres the Autonation Mesa page that shows the total for what I can see they have gotten so far https://www.c8tracker.com/dealers/view/228
Makes sense - thank you. I have the Z07 allocation from them, and the TPW is 5/15, but I haven't received a VIN -,just the email from GM saying the car has entered production. Order number CJCKNG. Hopefully it will be a "Friday" car. Thanks again.
The following users liked this post:
smithers (05-19-2023)
Old 05-19-2023, 05:35 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

If you are a small dealer, you are going to want to order the most optioned out, high ticket you can to make the most of your sale, right? These high volume guys want to move cars so its likely they dont order the same proportion. If they see constraint, the will run because they want to move cars and not wait.
oaktreebc (05-19-2023)
Old 05-19-2023, 06:26 PM
chevyrules727
Burning Brakes

Received 734 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by spinkick
If you are a small dealer, you are going to want to order the most optioned out, high ticket you can to make the most of your sale, right? These high volume guys want to move cars so its likely they dont order the same proportion. If they see constraint, the will run because they want to move cars and not wait.
All the big dealers contain customer sold orders. MM, Ciocca, Criswell are not ordering for stock. Every single one is spoken for. If GM would allocate them the carbon fiber bits, they would be ordered. As discussed, MM's list has roughly 100 people waiting for it.

MM can't order T0F and T0G even if they wanted to. GM gave them ZERO.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot of the items on constraint from one dealer. Ignore National labeling. It really means this dealers region.

For this dealers particular region, 57 orders can be placed that contain the T0F option and 28 orders can be placed with the T0G option. This particular dealer was allocated 0 for both options. Imagine it is the same with MM. The region they are in contained a certain number of how many orders can be with those options. MM was given zero out of those limited orders for them to order cars with those options.

Last edited by chevyrules727; 05-19-2023 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-20-2023, 12:52 PM
smithers
Melting Slicks

Received 5,018 Likes on 1,831 Posts

Makes sense - thank you. I have the Z07 allocation from them, and the TPW is 5/15, but I haven't received a VIN -,just the email from GM saying the car has entered production. Order number CJCKNG. Hopefully it will be a "Friday" car. Thanks again.
Here you go: https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2...YD2D30P5602362

Just randomly thought to look for it haha Window sticker was found as part of todays update. Going by the VIN it would have been built yesterday, and since the window sticker is available you seem to have dodged any sort of QC delay.

@mfain
Old 05-20-2023, 01:20 PM
mfain
Drifting

Here you go: https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2...YD2D30P5602362

Just randomly thought to look for it haha Window sticker was found as part of todays update. Going by the VIN it would have been built yesterday, and since the window sticker is available you seem to have dodged any sort of QC delay.

@mfain
Thank you for developing this tracker, and thank you for checking for my VIN. Now I am getting excited. Ordered the engine X-brace, tow hooks, and harness bar. Harness and track wheels are next. Good times ahead.
smithers (05-20-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 05:18 PM
ZRacerLE
Melting Slicks

Received 3,305 Likes on 1,517 Posts

Thank you for developing this tracker, and thank you for checking for my VIN. Now I am getting excited. Ordered the engine X-brace, tow hooks, and harness bar. Harness and track wheels are next. Good times ahead.
Hope you'll post some track videos. I know you're a fast dude.

Quick Reply: So where are all the Z07s going, anyways?