Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

70th Anniversary Carbon Flash Metallic Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2022, 05:25 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Received 890 Likes on 409 Posts

Default 70th Anniversary Carbon Flash Metallic Questions

I have been trying to get some questions answered regarding the 70th Anniversary Carbon Flash Metallic model.
First. Can you make any modifications. For example, would rather have black wheels and red calipers
The white/black interior is not to my liking either.
Then, what is the visual difference between the Carbon Flash Metallic color and black? Any pictures of side by side?
Have attempted to design a car several times. To me, not tracking the car, the Z07 package makes no sense for the street (stiffer suspension and fast wearing tires).
I want a black car, black interior with as much carbon as possible, black wheels (not sure if carbon fiber wheels are worth it if not tracking the car), red calipers, ceramic brakes, and the exposed carbon rear wing. I find myself in the area of $160,000 every time I reconfigure so it looks like that is where I am headed.
Thanks for any pictures/help,
Old 08-27-2022, 05:38 PM
IdRatherBGolfing
Drifting

Received 930 Likes on 492 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2921 C8 of the Year 2021 Modified Finalist

I believe your only 4 options for the anniversary editions are. Pearl White or Carbon Flash Metallic Black, Stripes or not (Satin grey on white, satin black on black), Z07 or not and coupe or not.
Old 08-27-2022, 06:16 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

What is meant by Satin grey on white, satin black on black? Is that seats?
Old 08-27-2022, 06:23 PM
IdRatherBGolfing
Drifting

Received 930 Likes on 492 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2921 C8 of the Year 2021 Modified Finalist

The stripes available for each.
Old 08-27-2022, 09:37 PM
NYHP
Instructor

Received 304 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by RBK
I have been trying to get some questions answered regarding the 70th Anniversary Carbon Flash Metallic model.
First. Can you make any modifications. For example, would rather have black wheels and red calipers
The white/black interior is not to my liking either.
Then, what is the visual difference between the Carbon Flash Metallic color and black? Any pictures of side by side?
Have attempted to design a car several times. To me, not tracking the car, the Z07 package makes no sense for the street (stiffer suspension and fast wearing tires).
I want a black car, black interior with as much carbon as possible, black wheels (not sure if carbon fiber wheels are worth it if not tracking the car), red calipers, ceramic brakes, and the exposed carbon rear wing. I find myself in the area of $160,000 every time I reconfigure so it looks like that is where I am headed.
Thanks for any pictures/help,

Based on what want and don’t want, it sounds like the 70th Anniversary is probably the wrong choice for you. You can order a standard Z06 with or without the Z07 package in Black over Black with the options you want and none of the forced options of the Anniversary car such as the white leather, red stripe wheels, red calipers, red belts, luggage, etc.
Old 08-28-2022, 12:08 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Default 70th Anniversary Carbon Flash Metallic Questions

I cannot find a thread I started regarding 70th Anniversary Corvette - choices.
I was wanting to know if anyone had a picture of black vs Carbon Flash Metallic.
Want a black car but not sure if Carbon Flash Metallic is better.

I was also asking if anyone knows (not guessing) if I can change anything on the 70th edition, for example, I don't like the White/Black seats (prefer all black) or the red seat belts.
Old 08-28-2022, 12:25 PM
TRANS DAMM
Melting Slicks

Received 1,197 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by RBK
I cannot find a thread I started regarding 70th Anniversary Corvette - choices.
I was wanting to know if anyone had a picture of black vs Carbon Flash Metallic.
Want a black car but not sure if Carbon Flash Metallic is better.

I was also asking if anyone knows (not guessing) if I can change anything on the 70th edition, for example, I don't like the White/Black seats (prefer all black) or the red seat belts.
I don’t know if a pic of the two side by side exists but I will say the interior of the 70th is unbelievable in person. It really is special. You cant change anything on the interior with the exception the comp seats are black in the middle white on the outside. I personally love the CF paint over the regular black
Old 08-28-2022, 12:31 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,941 Likes on 2,427 Posts

I'd do CF metallic without a 2nd thought.
Old 08-28-2022, 01:31 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

I understand that, but am trying see if the Carbon Flash Metallic color is that different/better, to decide what I am willing to compromise.
Appreciate the response, but would like to see a side by side of colors. The rest of the colors offered by Chevrolet are not interesting to me.
Wish they had a pure yellow, green, etc., to choose from. I have also wondered if I can pay for paint to order.
Old 08-28-2022, 02:26 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Thank you. I like “simple” black rather than two tone, but if the CF color stands out, may compromise. I suspect the comp seats are not as comfortable for daily drives as GT 2, but hopefully to find a place to see and try before I have to confirm the order.
Old 08-28-2022, 04:21 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

If I fly to Bowling Green Kentucky will they allow me to tour the plant and see all colors/combinations?
Do I need to contact someone for a scheduled day/time? If so, who do I contact
Thank in advance.
Old 08-28-2022, 04:22 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

If anyone has seen the 70th anniversary edition “Pearl white”, does it look brighter than the regular “artic white”. The artic white to me seems brighter. Anyone care to comment?
Old 08-28-2022, 04:32 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Sorry for post. Just found the phone number. Need to discuss since my purpose is less to see cars built and more to see, in person, colors/combinations.
If there is any chance at all, need to speak to someone in person about unusual modifications. I live on the other side of the country and don't want to go and not be able to accomplish my objective. Thanks if viewed.
Old 08-28-2022, 07:06 PM
good-2-be
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Aren’t you the same person that started a post saying we were being robbed for purchasing a Z06 and should get other brands such as Lamborghini, Ferrari or Porsche? Kind of hypocritical to ask so many questions about a configuration when you are complaining about the Z06 and pushing other brands.
Old 08-28-2022, 07:48 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

I have never "pushed" another brand. I own a C8. I began the "robbed" thread by saying I felt market adjustments ranging from $50,000-1000,000 + a fully loaded Z06 gets you into used Ferrari 458 territory, with the same motor with less hp. Also, in my view, it is highway robbery.
Old 08-28-2022, 08:42 PM
NakedDave
Racer

Received 279 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by RBK
Sorry for post. Just found the phone number. Need to discuss since my purpose is less to see cars built and more to see, in person, colors/combinations.
If there is any chance at all, need to speak to someone in person about unusual modifications. I live on the other side of the country and don't want to go and not be able to accomplish my objective. Thanks if viewed.
There are no factory tours to see colors; you should have gone to Carlisle this past week!

And not to be too literal, but one is metallic black and one is black, if you look in the Picture thread you’ll find what you need. Good luck.
Old 08-28-2022, 08:50 PM
Number 9
Racer

Received 378 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by thrilled
If anyone has seen the 70th anniversary edition “Pearl white”, does it look brighter than the regular “artic white”. The artic white to me seems brighter. Anyone care to comment?
I viewed both at Carlisle on Friday. The pearl white is a “warmer” color. The arctic white is definitely brighter. I understand color is a personal preference but I actually prefer the arctic white.

Get notified of new replies

To 70th Anniversary Carbon Flash Metallic Questions

Old 08-28-2022, 08:52 PM
DDanno
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

If you want to check out colors. Go to the Chevrolet site, build a stingray and after summary go to the local vehicles section, find cars that are close to you and go to the dealer and look at them. Yes, they are stingrays, But the colors are the same!
Old 08-28-2022, 09:38 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,874 Likes on 4,275 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Carbon flash metallic looks like black but with specks of dust all over it unless it is is absolutely spotless.

Gloss black is a better "black" imo.

Re: the 70th anniversary pkg. It is what it is & you can't customize it save for selecting the optional stripes.
Old 08-29-2022, 12:15 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by Number 9
I viewed both at Carlisle on Friday. The pearl white is a “warmer” color. The arctic white is definitely brighter. I understand color is a personal preference but I actually prefer the arctic white.
Thats why I plan to go without the anniversary edition, Thanks

Quick Reply: 70th Anniversary Carbon Flash Metallic Questions