Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Future build question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 05:46 PM
georgehafe
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts
NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In 1, 2, 6, 8 Veteran

Default Future build question

Sorry if this has been asked already. Can I get the high wing and the areo without the Z07 package? Or do I need the Z07 to add those items. Thanks
Old 07-21-2022, 05:49 PM
smithers
Melting Slicks

Received 5,035 Likes on 1,835 Posts

You can, but you also have to get the carbon ceramic brakes... which cost $8500.

That basically makes it cost the same as the Z07 package. Safe to say they just don't want non-Z07 buyers getting the aero upgrade.
The following users liked this post:
georgehafe (07-23-2022)
Old 07-23-2022, 01:10 PM
georgehafe
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts
NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In 1, 2, 6, 8 Veteran

Originally Posted by smithers
You can, but you also have to get the carbon ceramic brakes... which cost $8500.

That basically makes it cost the same as the Z07 package. Safe to say they just don't want non-Z07 buyers getting the aero upgrade.
Thanks so much for the reply
Old 07-23-2022, 01:16 PM
Bee attack
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

So in order to order the black high wing spoiler you have to order the Aero package which includes the Z07 package? No where so they mention a high wing spoiler as a separate item. Sounds like they want to increase your spending options. I don't need all the other items for street performance. Looks a greedy to me.
georgehafe (07-24-2022)
Old 07-23-2022, 01:28 PM
smithers
Melting Slicks

Received 5,035 Likes on 1,835 Posts

Originally Posted by Bee attack
So in order to order the black high wing spoiler you have to order the Aero package which includes the Z07 package? No where so they mention a high wing spoiler as a separate item. Sounds like they want to increase your spending options. I don't need all the other items for street performance. Looks a greedy to me.
No, the high wing isn't available separately. It is part of a complete aero package that includes a splitter, diveplanes, and the wing.

I think they must have some supply chain challenges with carbon fiber parts as there is a lot of weirdness and expense with any carbon fiber option. Seems like they are pricing it all really high (either directly or requiring nonsensical options) to try to keep demand down since they may not have a steady supply of the parts available.

Last edited by smithers; 07-23-2022 at 01:35 PM.
georgehafe (07-24-2022)
Old 07-23-2022, 03:02 PM
REACTOR111
Instructor

Received 145 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by smithers

All true. But you get the higher milage tires and not the 2R's. Saves 3K if you are replacing the soft tires early.
The following 2 users liked this post by REACTOR111:
georgehafe (07-24-2022), smithers (07-23-2022)
Old 07-24-2022, 12:26 AM
NA Screamer
Pro

Received 362 Likes on 188 Posts

The Z06??? Nah!!! Say it ain't so!!!!

Welcome to the realization, my friend.
Old 07-30-2022, 04:28 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,582 Likes on 4,295 Posts

i think having the high wing generating tons of down force on the rear without matching aero on the front end would be a bad idea. And I think that's why the wing is bundled with the rest of the aero package (at least part of the reason). But the requirement for CCBs seems either a money grab or a way to limit demand for the CF aero parts because of supply constraints.

I'm pretty sure aftermarket vendors will have replicas of the high wing available within a year, if you don't care about front end lift at high speeds.

Get notified of new replies

To Future build question

Quick Reply: Future build question