Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

NYC might not be a great place to own a Z06

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2022, 10:42 AM
bcmarly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

More government intrusion with the ultimate goal of banning ice powered cars, all in the name of saving the planet. Meanwhile the elites who sponsor these policies fly on ice powered private jets. Rules for thee, not me.
The following 3 users liked this post by bcmarly:
Basil2000 (02-18-2022), tones_Z (02-19-2022), vettesweetnos (02-19-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 12:45 PM
Ching Ho
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 4 Posts

This is the main reason why…

The following users liked this post:
Tripjammer (02-18-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 08:06 PM
79 Bullet
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ryryokeefe
LOL. The delusions of NYC on here are hilarious.
I have been driving to NYC from Canada every year for the last 7 years and have no issues driving in Manhattan. Actually I look forward to driving in Manhattan I find that those drivers actually know how to drive. . The family loves NYC and we have never had an issue with crime. We have come down for the 4th of July celebrations and mainly in July and August. Is that why we don't see traffic? also has the crime changed since Covid came?
bluman (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 09:21 AM
rodgard
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
Default This is free entertainment!

Originally Posted by 79 Bullet
I have been driving to NYC from Canada every year for the last 7 years and have no issues driving in Manhattan. Actually I look forward to driving in Manhattan I find that those drivers actually know how to drive. . The family loves NYC and we have never had an issue with crime. We have come down for the 4th of July celebrations and mainly in July and August. Is that why we don't see traffic? also has the crime changed since Covid came?
NYC is one of the greatest cities in the world - yes, it absolutely has it’s issues, but the depictions here are
absolutely cray cray as my daughters would say! See you on the 4th my neighbor to the north - I work in Manhattan and love it - the museums, restaurants, diversity, theater, etc are simply world class. Enjoy it all when you visit.
The following 3 users liked this post by rodgard:
79 Bullet (02-19-2022), blueapplepaste (02-19-2022), bluman (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 10:26 AM
bluman
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by GTUnit
The roads are horrible. Anywhere around Manhattan.
Traffic is very bad as well.
And California is any better ??
Old 02-19-2022, 10:34 AM
bluman
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
What a hellhole. They're fine with a homeless guy taking a dump in the street or robbing a drugstore in broad daylight, but Heaven forbid if your exhaust system is too loud. The movie Idiocracy really has come true in our current society.
Chicago Illinois is just as much as a 'hellhole' as NYC !
The following 2 users liked this post by bluman:
Hemi Dave (02-19-2022), vettesweetnos (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 10:53 AM
79 Bullet
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rodgard
NYC is one of the greatest cities in the world - yes, it absolutely has it’s issues, but the depictions here are
absolutely cray cray as my daughters would say! See you on the 4th my neighbor to the north - I work in Manhattan and love it - the museums, restaurants, diversity, theater, etc are simply world class. Enjoy it all when you visit.
Hoping to bring the C8 on my next visit hopefully Covid settles down this summer.
Old 02-19-2022, 11:25 AM
Cenzoooo
Burning Brakes

Received 673 Likes on 290 Posts

NYC resident here...
We have had a problem for the last year and a half or so there has been a real problem with the GV Bois and their Infinitis with the gun shot exhaust tunes.
If you are within the taint of Brooklyn/Queens between LGA and JFK, and you go to sleep with the windows up, all you hear from midnight til 4AM are revs and bangs.
Now, i personally love a loud exhaust. My C43 had a factory crackle tune and I put an AWE Track exhaust on it brap brap pop.
However, over the last couple of years the crackle ecu tune has evolved into serious bangs and booms. I find myself sitting in traffic and the guy in the M4 with Texas paper temp tags sounds like hes throwing firecrackers every 100 feet. Stop light to stop light, there's a 15 year old G35 with twin cannons actually detonating on overrun.
I did hear about this program that NYC is rolling out, and I've seen that same exact letter circulated around all the street racing Instagrams.
Take a look at the location on Google Maps
https://goo.gl/maps/WV3qcdRio3Z2fdGM9
Its a drag racing strip in the armpit of this city where the poops get recycled.
Although it is obviously another misguided attempt to solve quality of life issues here, those of you who don't live here should appreciate the context of the letter.
I don't see a future where Highway Patrol is clocking dB levels. They have enough trouble right now on the roads. Last week I watched an unmarked NYPD HP cop out of his car, stopping cars for riding the shoulder. He walked right in front of a slammed CLS with paper tags, to pull him over. The driver took off on the grass and the cops took chase all the way to Flatbush Ave through bumper to bumper traffic. These guys just don't give a ****, and the politicians just want to add more laws...
Old 02-19-2022, 11:36 AM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

Damn.

I gotta be even more careful running my motorcycles thru there now when Im going to Jersey.
Speed Cameras are everywhere.

Total clown show in NYC.
vettesweetnos (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 11:46 AM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by ryryokeefe
LOL. The delusions of NYC on here are hilarious.
NYC is a total **** hole....and thats not delusional....thats real...and I know it first hand.

vettesweetnos (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 12:03 PM
rodgard
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
Default In summary

OK - to put this thread to bed……..your new Z06 with the factory exhaust will be legal on the streets of NYC from a sound perspective and I completely agree that if you are planning to park said Z06 on the streets of NYC overnight that is a really bad idea LOL. Be well all - if you are close by - do get to the upcoming NYC Auto Show in April …. the Z06 will be there!
Old 02-19-2022, 12:03 PM
SD1
Burning Brakes

Received 343 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Cenzoooo
NYC resident here...
We have had a problem for the last year and a half or so there has been a real problem with the GV Bois and their Infinitis with the gun shot exhaust tunes.
https://youtube.com/shorts/6oME4zQ-q_c?feature=share

I live a couple of blocks off a main drag and am fairly isolated from road noise. I was up late last night and had some windows open and heard one of these "tuned" shitwagons blowing down the road at 2am. Sounded like firecrackers/gun shots. Sure the owner thinks its hilarious. What a moron.

By tune, I am guessing it pumps too much gas into the system and the excess detonates as it passes through the exhaust?

and AMG cars kick ***.....
Old 02-19-2022, 12:06 PM
vettesweetnos
Drifting

Received 1,267 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemi Dave
NYC is a total **** hole....and thats not delusional....thats real...and I know it first hand.
Calm down or the mayor will put you on a "plant based life diet" whatever the hell that is...
Hemi Dave (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 12:09 PM
SD1
Burning Brakes

Received 343 Likes on 170 Posts

I do agree that NYC is a fun place to go, but I have not been since Covid began. I never drive into the City, no reason to. I am sure there are safe spots to park a car and take care of it so I may be a bit dramatic about that, and it is reasonably clean in the tourist areas. But, its not that cool and its comically expensive. I took my mom and sis to lunch for hamburgers and it was $100 and that was 2 years ago. And, bad **** def. happens and too often.

If you are really ballsy, try biking around Manhattan. : )

Quick Reply: NYC might not be a great place to own a Z06