Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

C8 Z07 Front Splitter and other aero parts or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 03:52 PM
lucative
Instructor

Received 162 Likes on 35 Posts
Default C8 Z07 Front Splitter and other aero parts or Not?

Hi Corvette Enthusiasts,

I had the base 2020 C8 without the front splitter and other aero pieces. Using the front end lift system and front cameras, I was able to avoid almost all of the scrapes to the front and bottom front end of the car. It wasn't hard to drive around and keep the C8 body from damage.

Now, I want to go bonkers and order the whole carbon fiber (or carbon flash) package offered for the Z07, only not the carbon fiber wheels. This includes the carbon fiber (or carbon flash) high wing. I think the aero pieces really make the Z06 look great by the way.

I do not race my C8 so the aero pieces are really more for show. So, to those with experience with these beautiful aero pieces on the C8, would you order these pieces again? Or are they just too easy to bump and scrape? Have you had to replace your aero pieces?

Or, do you believe the aero pieces add so much to the car that you would prefer to have them and just be careful on how you drive the car? I can also leave them out and the car still looks marvelous with the new low spoiler and I think the front end looks ok without the splitters having the advantage of higher ground clearance.

Maybe buying the carbon flash aero pieces rather then the carbon fiber might be a good ideal as I might save money in the long run as I may need to replace the front splitter some day due to damage?

Do you prefer carbon fiber to carbon flash aero pieces? Why?

Thank you for the benefit of your experience,
Luc

Last edited by lucative; 02-14-2022 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-14-2022, 03:55 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,898 Likes on 4,285 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

While not on a C8, my C6 Carbon Edition Z06 has all the carbon fiber aero from the ZR1 & sits a good bit lower than a C8. I rarely, if ever, scrape my splitter or side skirts on anything. For reference my front splitter sits 3.25” off the ground.

The C8 Z06 will be available with front lift, so you should have no worries.
Old 02-14-2022, 04:04 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,216 Likes on 6,020 Posts

I'm on my 3rd C8, the only thing to ever scrape is the plastic air diverter hump that is in front of each wheel. All 3 been Z51, none have had front lift. The splitter has never scraped. I intend to order Z07 w/o front end lift and I'm not worried. I plan to order carbon flash aero as I have a price target with the car and I think exposed CF will be a big upcharge and the C7 ZR1 has had issues with bad supply and carbon parts yellowing.
Old 02-14-2022, 05:39 PM
Cubicinches
Racer

Received 415 Likes on 154 Posts

lucative - Like you, I think the Z07 aero pieces look awesome on the new Z06. I plan on getting them. I'll be getting the front-end lift and then likely lowering the car, figuring the 1.6" of lift will more than offset the ~0.75" I'll drop the car. I think the front will be fine but I fear lowering it will cause the side and possibly (?) rear of the car to scrape since they don't lift. For reference, though I realize it's apples-to-oranges, I have a C7 Z06 with the Z07 packages and don't have any major issues. I definitely pay attention to driveways and whatnot. And sometimes the front splitter scrapes, but it's usually the bottom and so not visible. I have to be careful about curbs since pulling forward into one would definitely crack it. I contemplated dropping my car but there are times when pulling out of driveways where having the extra 0.5-0.75" made a big difference. FYI, I live in LA. If you live in somewhere less dense and flatter, then I'm guessing you'll have less of an issue.
Old 02-14-2022, 05:53 PM
Tactical-Speed
Drifting

Received 1,039 Likes on 522 Posts

No Z07 pkg for me b/c not tracking it & can use that $ on the options I really want
Old 02-19-2022, 03:37 PM
VER
Drifting

Received 1,733 Likes on 740 Posts

What is the weight of the front lift system? Probably more than the CF weight savings haha

Get notified of new replies

To C8 Z07 Front Splitter and other aero parts or Not?

Quick Reply: C8 Z07 Front Splitter and other aero parts or Not?