Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Any chance GM does the reservation system like the hummer.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2021, 10:19 PM
TRANS DAMM
Melting Slicks

Received 1,198 Likes on 544 Posts

Default Any chance GM does the reservation system like the hummer.

The hummer reveal and CT5V Blackwing reveal offered a reservation system to be able
to order the car. Any shot they do this with the Z06? And if so what will that do for the ADM’s, can the dealer add on a ADM even with the reservations?
Old 10-23-2021, 10:14 AM
Chrisrokc
Drifting

Received 170 Likes on 58 Posts

If they did, I wonder how that works with dealer reservation lists.

I would prefer it to be reserved through GM for MSRP. My last Corvette buying experience sucked and my Tesla buying experience was awesome and hassle free.
The following 2 users liked this post by Chrisrokc:
ArmchairArchitect (10-23-2021), Z0HS1CK (10-24-2021)
Old 10-23-2021, 02:05 PM
Rob97rr
Burning Brakes

Received 779 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by TRANS DAMM
The hummer reveal and CT5V Blackwing reveal offered a reservation system to be able
to order the car. Any shot they do this with the Z06? And if so what will that do for the ADM’s, can the dealer add on a ADM even with the reservations?
I suppose there’s no reason that they couldn’t do that. IIRC, there wasn’t any advance warning that they were going to do that, until they they announced it at the reveal for both of those cars, but I might be mistaken about that.

To be honest, I’m not very clear on how that reservation system even works.

Anyone here more knowledgeable on that?
Old 10-23-2021, 03:09 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Just did some quick reading on the Hummer reservation system. GMC dealers have to invest in new infrastructure and tools in order to sell Hummers, and there's specific contracts involved regarding how those are sold. It looks like for the first couple of years, the orders are going to go through the GMC website, and the dealer is just going to be a glorified delivery and service center. Dealers can't order for showroom stock, for example. They can only be the last step in the transaction that mostly took place online.

With that said, it doesn't seem like there's anything GM can do to actually stop them from charging markups. They can "strongly suggest" and maybe cut down their future allocations, but they can't actually stop them due to the franchise model.

Corvette dealers have even fewer restrictions, and I don't see GM changing the Z06 to an online-only system, so I wouldn't expect anything to change regarding markup games.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jeff V.:
2cnd Chance (10-23-2021), Rob97rr (10-25-2021)
Old 10-23-2021, 09:07 PM
JPMD
Cruising

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Spot on
This is copy pasted from my Hummer Reservation email:

DEALERS SET THE ACTUAL PRICE WHICH MAY DIFFER FROM THE MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE. The manufacturer's suggested retail price does not include all taxes, title, license, transportation, other options and other dealer fees and charges.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:00 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,404 Likes on 1,374 Posts

I got one of the reservations for the Blackwing. Basically you picked a dealer from a list and put down your deposit on the web site, then the dealer called you in a couple days but we didn't get the actual order guide for weeks. It was also a limited set of dealers you were offered based on your zip code. Dealers were able to charge an ADM but you also had a window to change dealers so it was in your best interest to settle that with them early on.
The following users liked this post:
Rob97rr (10-25-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To Any chance GM does the reservation system like the hummer.

Quick Reply: Any chance GM does the reservation system like the hummer.