Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Interesting excerpts on the ZO6 from Ferrari owners on FerrariChat

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 01:15 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 516 Posts

Default Interesting excerpts on the ZO6 from Ferrari owners on FerrariChat

Interesting excerpts on the ZO6 from Ferrari owners on FerrariChat

I've been a Corvette owner and Ferrari owner so I have an allegiance to both cars. I also read FerrariChat and even Rennlist at times to get their perspectives on the Corvette. I've derived great pleasure in reading both F-car and P-car forums in regards to the new up and coming ZO6. It is really quite amazing the reactions that are taking place on FerrariChat. Of course there are a few pompous owners that are typically uninformed on the C8 tech and will diss the C8 over their own design preferences. I personally think the C8 is a masterstroke of integrated design that will only culminate to its pinnacle with the ZORA. I read all 12 pages of this thread that were riddled with ZO6 videos at the ring and here are some very interesting excerpts for your viewing pleasure. There's a lot here to read but it is worth it. And there are quite a few of these Ferrari guys that are ordering ZO6's FYI. As one Ferrari responder below said "Ladies and Gentlemen, We have just entered…. The Twilight Zone".

SKANK

I just saw this new video of the C8 Z06 Corvette, its a 5.5L flat crank 8 cylinder. It sounds incredible. Why is Chevrolet building an 8 cylinder that sounds more like Ferrari than the new generation Ferrari V8. I am not posting this to ruffle any F8 owners, but can someone explain why this C8 Z06 can have a naturally aspirated 8 to achieve somewhere in the vicinity of 650bhp and Ferrari has to resort to turbo V8?
This video shows a bunch of launch control starts and it is mind boggling how incredible this car sounds. It sounds very close to a 458.

The C8 can be tracked I've seen them at Sebring with zero issues . This C8 ZO6 mule sounds great. The C8 Z06 is going to be a monster.

The ZO6 will be extremely hard to get. Just look at all the people just waiting for an allocation of the standard C-8.

Last weekend I was on a parking with my suv and heard something behind but due to the difference in height, apart from the red color, I couldn’t see clearly what car was right there, then as apparently I was annoying the guy , he blasted the gas in neutral. I thought… hmm sounds too good to be a 488… when the guy managed to overtake me I fell wordless… the new Corvette.

New C8 is incredible. Cost me $94k I can’t see any competition under $200k. Z06 will be $150k fully loaded I wouldn’t be surprised if they hit $300k secondary.

First of all, anyone knows that a mid-engine car handles better than a front engine car. Why make the switch? Because GM reached their limitations with the platform, and yes, to attract more buyers since the C8 is much flashier. I respect their commitment to make such a leap, instead of sticking to the same old routine. I don't think the C8 should be compared to any Ferrari. Apples to oranges. But to dismiss the C8 as a "wanna be", I think is a foolish way to look at things. The C8's platform potential is tremendous, and allows those with less spending power to get into something that looks and feels far more exotic. If those people want to make pie in the sky claims that they've got a supercar killer, then so be it...But I don't think the Corvette deserves to be slagged off, it should be judged in the league of sports. That being said, when track times of the Z06 are published then we can reevaluate it's positioning.

GM must be lauded for creating the C8. It offers an attractive package with performance to match at the price of a full carbon fiber package on a F8. Comparing it to a $350K super car from Ferrari is non sensical. However, the laws of diminishing returns dictates that an F8 will not be 400% superior to the C8. For car enthusiasts who cannot or will not spend mega bucks on a sports car, the Corvette fills a highly satisfying niche. For those who denigrate the Corvette with condescending and elitist insults, simply reveal their snobbery and pomposity.

We have an annual car show in our community each year. Last year just before COVID shut everything down we had a brand new C8 on show. Besides my 488 we had many exotics but the C8 was the star. I’m sure it being new was one of the reasons but it really is an amazing car considering it’s price (his was a little over $80K).
One of the guys that owns a F12 stated if he was in the market for a mid engine exotic it would be difficult to pay 4X more for one when the C8 is as nice as the one at the show.
I agree the 458 and C8 are not equals but you have to give it up to GM on what they accomplished. It will be interesting to see how the car holds up mechanically.

Right. If the reason someone won't give a car a chance is because they view the brand or model as "below them" then I'm not interested in a debate with such a person. C8 is objectively very good. At it's price, great! I own cars at different price points because I like them. I don't care if the car is a Ferrari, Chevy, Mclaren, Porsche etc.

The Z06 will be a beast. If I could get one to throw around on track days, I would. While there is no comparison to Ferrari, one has to give GM credit for building such a cool car.

I've got a deposit down on an early z06. I think it will be hard to beat for under 4x the msrp.

I have had a Zo6 in C5, C6 and currently the C7 and can’t wait for the C8. Amazing cars…

Drove a 2021 convertible c51 Corvette today. A friends car. I own a few cars , Huracan, aventador , Turbo S , 458.. etc. I was very surprised at this car. My friend has a SF90 , SVJ roadster, Murci and about 15 other cars. We both agree this thing is very badass. I pushed it hard and it really was an incredible car for this price. Have other friends with serious exotics and everybody loves this new Corvette. I'm going looking for one very soon.

Those of us who have paid a hefty premium for a car with a a Ferrari badge on it are not likely to be particularly objective about the virtues of the new Corvette. Perhaps what we really have to do is a thought experiment where we imagine for a moment that the C8 had a Ferrari badge on it,' so we take the "snob appeal" question out of the equation. Then take into consideration that you could buy it for about a third of the price of 458/488/F8, that your insurance would be about a third, your sales tax would be about a third, your property tax would be about a third, your maintenance costs would be about a third, and you'd have your choice of hundreds of dealers to which you could take if for maintenance/repairs. If you were told it carried a Ferrari badge, would your opinion of the car remain unchanged? Even if you're a Ferrari fan-boy, you should welcome GM's competition. It will hopefully make Ferrari up its game, just like the Acura NSX did a couple of decades ago.

I simply started this thread moaning about how incredible the Z06 sounds, it sounds more Ferrari than the mid engine 8 cylinder Ferrari of today. I would not try to compare the Vette to a Ferrari as they are simply in different niche categories, but, for the American car maker to build a flat crank 8 that sounds like a Ferrari is quite incredible. Yes the F8 is a far superior car, but it does not sound anything like this Z06. Ferrari is supposed to bring out emotions and feelings like no other brand and with Ferrari dealing with all these restrictions of Europe, the brand has lost much of its emotional stimulation. Weather we like to admit or not, these new turbo type era cars along with SF90 type of cars, simply do not have that spine tingling excitement that Ferrari was famous for. Just saying, very impressed of that Z06 scream, not saying I would replace my Ferrari, nothing really can.

Lol this is actually hilarious. That flat plane Z06 sounds the absolute business. As others have already established, it’s no Ferrari, but that’s not the point of this thread. The point is, Porsche (GT3), Lamborghini (Huracan), and now Chevy of all brands are still able to produce a competitor in the mid/rear-engine super car market that all sound distinctly more exotic (more “Ferrari” if you will) than Ferrari. I don’t mean this as an insult to anyone and I know the respective driving experiences with the hot-tube are still otherworldly, but the F8 and SF90 sound downright pathetic. The fact that a $650k Ferrari now sounds like a vacuum cleaner and a $150k Vette now sounds like an Italian orchestra shows just how backwards this world has become. Are they comparable? No. But is it ironic as hell? Yes. I find it to be downright hysterical. Fortunately, aftermarket solutions do exist.

I really like the C8. By way of massive economies of scale, the C8 becomes a massive bargain. The closer the Z06 looks to C8.R race car, the better we will all be for it.

I had the chance to toss around a C8 Convertible and my 458 Spider back to back over the course of a weekend. I was astonished to find that the C8 was measurably better in several ways. Not nearly enough ways to best a 458, mind you, but it got a lot closer than I would've ever guessed. The platform is very, very impressive. The Z06 is gonna be a smash hit, a bargain, and IMO stands a real chance at dethroning its equivalently-priced Italian counterparts in terms of driving enjoyment. In a weird way, I hope it doesn't so I don't have to justify putting another car in my garage....haha!

I have not been a huge Corvette fan but the bee C8 is amazing. Silly for people to get mad about it. Ferrari is not a god. But then I am perhaps an atypical Ferrari owner. I love the feel, the look, the whole experience etc that the C8 doesn’t do for me. But man, I really love this Z06 sound. I think it will be a blast! My brother is a fanatic about corvettes so I’m sure I will get my chance to ride/drive one. These are the best thing GM has done. Might get me back in one of their products...

What is interesting about the C8 is I have gotten more positive comments about it than any other car I've owned. I swear I cannot drive it anywhere without people giving a thumbs up or in many cases asking about it at a stoplight. And not one single negative (I had a few with Ferrari). The most common question I would get in a Ferrari was "how much did it cost?". In a C8 its "is that the new mid engine Corvette?" It seems like people cannot believe Chevy actually made something like this. I would say half of the people say it looks like a Ferrari and half say it looks like a Lambo. Almost no one says it looks like a Corvette.

I’ve owned both 458 and 488 Spiders and currently have a 812SF. I’m waiting to see what they do with the “Little Brother” before I decide on my next Ferrari. If the LB looks like another evolution of the 458 series I might give the C8 a serious look. Ferrari needs to really change things up with this one in my opinion.

Something like a Budweiser drinker vs the Wine and Cheese types. But there is also something about it being American in there as well. One thing this car does really well is give you all sorts of cameras for daily driving ease. I like the one up front that shows an obstruction in front of the car when parking. No more worries about hitting a concrete block. I like the built in camera that shows the last 14 hours of video if you have an accident. I had an idiot back up into my Alfa and I wished I had that feature to prove he did it. Also it has 2 side glancing radar detectors. One of for lane changing (which is great when you can't see out the back of a mid engine car very well) and the other is a vehicle approaching from behind you from the side when reversing. It even picks up a pedestrian walking behind you that you can't see. If you daily a car like this, its such a relief not to worry about stuff like this anymore and still have an exotic car. Even the storage space is pretty good for a mid engine car. Chevy knows how to build a daily driver. I don't think any mid engine Ferrari is really built to be driven every day it all conditions. Again that's why I say you cannot compare the two. They have different purposes. The Chevy compromises on things that the Ferrari would never do so it can be driven more often with less fear. Competition improves the breed. Lamborghini in the 60's made Ferrari be better. Honda in the 80's made Ferrari become better. I think McLaren in the 2000's made Ferrari be better. Perhaps Chevy in the 2020's will do the same.

True! I did, however, have a number of people ask me if my C8 Convertible was a Lambo. With its sharp, geometric lines, I can't say I blame them for being confused.I also overheard a TON of people walking by it exclaiming "that's the new mid-engined Corvette!" Impressive how effectively Chevy has gotten the word out there to the general public.

Chevrolet brought one to the Monterey Historics just before release- must have been August '19..one of the reps was standing with the car...I asked what he did- he said I'm a designer...I asked if he went to College of design..he said yes in Detroit. I suggested the car was very nice especially the interior features and obviously the rear engine but the car has a lot of "gingerbread" and many features look a bit like a Camaro. He was a bit miffed as he had designed many of same features...anyway for those that don't like some of the styling maybe there is room for improvement in future years as GM refines the new model.

The way I see it, the 458 is one of Ferrari’s greats. Even today this ten year old car is considered by many to be better than the Ferrari’s that have come after it, as well as the last of an era. Ferrari has exited the market of NA V8’s. Chevy is merely filling a void with a lot of demand, by creating something that can take its place, along with modern amenities that we all agree make mid engine sports cars easier to live with. I see nothing wrong with this. Regardless, isn’t imitation the sincerest form of flattery?

3k miles in my C8 over 10k in 458’s. Pure nonsense. First of all. They aren’t by any means either or propositions. They don’t “compete” to me. The C8 is a cool sports car with good tech at reasonable price point that looks bad ***. The 458 is an all time great with a beautiful engine and styling and god awful tech. Easy to justify both for different reasons. If I could just have one I’d probably take C8 just because it’s so much easier to live with.

It is just hard for some people to believe that someone would choose a C8 over a Ferrari. Or that the “only reason” would be cost. Sound like a bunch of jr high snob wannabes. I have a very close friend who chooses Corvettes and especially the C8 over Ferraris. He can easily afford whichever he wants. Variety is there for the choosing. Don’t be so silly!

Listen to that! Ferrari needs to up their game. We cannot just accept the F8 as the new normal for Ferrari sound when Chevy of all car makers is able to make a car that sounds like this!

I’m in line for one but who knows how long it will take. I have the standard C8 ordered that should arrive first quarter 2022. Decided to get off the Ferrari train and try something different.

I agree some what. Although I was never a corvette guy growing up. This C8 has revolutionized the car, though. It’s really a fantastic car to own, especially as a convertible and especially considering the price. The Z06 will make it look better, go faster and sound way better. Interior will get a refresh too I’m sure. All in all for whatever it costs (I’m assuming $140k all in for a nicely optioned convertible) it will be a beyond belief steal.

Here is Dan Neil’s C8 review
It may strain diplomatic relations with Italy, however. Built on a spaceframe of aluminum extrusions and diecast chassis nodes; shrouded with composite and aluminum body panels; poised over aluminum double-A arms with coil-over magnetic dampers; and cogged with a dual-clutch transaxle (DCT), the Stingray’s anatomy resembles that of the Ferrari 488 GTB ($330,000). The 488 is more power-dense and prettier, for sure. But, taking all things in balance, the Chevy beats the snot out of it. After years of taking grief for chintzy interiors, the C8’s design team, and their accountants, seem out to prove something. It’s like a leather-upholstered jigsaw puzzle in there. The cabin gleams with pewter-like accents framing the switches, screens, and blade-thin HVAC vents. The drive selector is an elegant switchset reminiscent of the Fisker Karma. The drive-mode selector lives under its own, handsome leather hillock, a palm rest. The high-rez touch screen and connected digital UX is current, easy to reach and read. Where has this GM been all my life? If you are looking for supercar lap times you will have to wait until they release the Zora.

Here's something I've been thinking about, which kind of puts things into perspective a bit. Everyone is asking why Ferrari is not doing this and praising GM for doing it. But nobody seems to consider the fact that the ZR1 will use the same engine but in a twin turbo configuration. So when it comes to what will be the fastest and "best" version of the C8, GM is doing the exact same thing Ferrari and McLaren have been doing for years now. GM is not even using a supercharger to retain the sound, but go directly to the turbos like everybody else. So like the rest GM has also realized that you cannot be a top contender without forced induction or hybrid these days.

C8 is the fastest selling car in the US and the first delivery to Europe is not even scheduled till end of the of the year. I have owned every iteration of the Zo6 since the C5 often alongside the Fcar of the same Era. I found that the C5Z out performed the 360, C6 the 430 and the C7 the 458 and likely the488. No one truly knows at this point for certain what the Zo6 or ZR1 will bring to the table, but history tells most observers it will be very competitive on track. Gm was producing 638 hp vette in C6 and 755 hp vetted in the C7. The C7 zr1 owns many track records and may at times be shunned by an occasional snob, but when it comes to performance it usually punches way above its weight class.

This Vette will be more comfortable than any supercar Ferrari. Will have a nicer interior. Awesome sound. It gonna be epic.

Ladies and gentlemen, We have just entered…. The Twilight Zone.

I was talking about the technical side of this forum. Anyway, why are u mad? U mad because Corvette will be a better car than the fugly 488/f8/gtb with the same interior almost 10 years or smth? And not natural synthetic turbo sound? Well deal with it. GM has owned ferrari.

Keep in mind that Ferrari are using Corvette suspension systems. GM licensed the magna ride technology to Ferrari so these cars are distant cousins
no need to have intrafamily fighting

I’ve driven a friend’s C8 Z51 and it was superb. Interior is beautifully done and quality materials (people who say the interior is garbage have probably never sat in one), engine sound was great, performance was impressive. I was very very impressed.
Another friend has a gorgeous Red Mist C8 Z51, as well as a Bianco Italia 458 Spider. He is a true tifosi, but if you ask him which he prefers to drive—it’s the C8.
I have zero doubt that the Z06 will turn all of that up to “11.”
Screaming flat-plane engine with performance to shame most, not all—but most, supercars coupled with state-of-the-art electronics and beautiful interior, reasonable warranty and service costs will all make that car an unbeatable joyful bargain.
Sure it is more impressive to pull up to the valet stand somewhere in a prancing horse, but what does that really matter on a back country road having some thrills with your pals? Especially since most places I like to eat are just happy if you’re wearing pants at all.
I just want to wait and see what the Z06 will look like without giant wings and splitters...

This thread has gone soooooooooooooooooooooo far off the rails. Look, the OP is correct. The Z06 does sound more like "a Ferrari" than a current Ferrari model. Ferrari has gained something with turbos but also lost something. An honest person would just admit it and move on.

Personally There is no reason to be arguing on Ferrari Chat regarding my car is better than yours etc. I've owned 6 Ferrari cars, # of Vets, a large # Porches. We are lucky at this stage in the game to have companies still be able to produce exceptional sports cars. Cars like the Corvette keep manufactures like Ferrari, Porsche on their toes with exceptional product & service @ a moderate price . I remember the days my 246 GT was not warmly accepted by the Ferrari elitist as Ferrar,I remember the days if you wanted to change the color of your "exotic" you just did so,I remember the days you just drove your car and didn't look at the milage & judge it like your gas guage- Let's see my depreciation is full,half full or empty. The beginnings of the Garage Queens my folks where and are the Dealership Games!

I called several dealers for this car in Europe.... The waiting list seems to be long already. I'm really looking forward to see it in October. The prototype sound really good. With Performance Pack (And some option) the car will be 150K for sure.

I'm sure Chevrolet will still try to keep it somewhat budget friendly, but it also looks like the target clientele for the Z06 and ZR1 is going to change somewhat. With this new DOHC flat plane V8, the Corvette has completely moved away from being the sporty muscle car which appeal to wrenching drag racers and road racers, to now be more of a focused budget friendly exotic appealing to a different crowd. I may be wrong, but at least this is my take on it.

The car does nothing for me and the sound is still not as good as a 458. But this thread is only about the sound and it is much better than any Ferrari turbo or hybrid or turbo-hybrid. Ferrari no longer has sound and that is very important for a modern exotic. A couple (few) years ago we were questioned by Ferrari as to the most important feature of their cars and the number one response was the sound. Just because the EU has gone lame doesn't change that fact.

Everytime I see the new corvette C8 go by for a brief moment I think it’s a Ferrari. I get excited as then when I realize it’s a corvette I don’t get upset I just think that’s a beautiful looking car.

They have many technical similarities. Suspension, type of engine, type of transmission etc. It is common knowledge that GM aquired at least one 458. Do you think that was just a car for the employee of the month? Just because the C8 is not a carbon coly of the 458, does that not mean they didn't use it as a tool of reference. Considering how much success and development they have put into the LT1, LT2, LT4 and LT5, doesn't it strike you the least bit interesting that they choose to develop an engine with a flat plane crank, DOHC, DFI and variable intake? There's no doubt that they used that 458 as a source of "inspiration". There's nothing wrong with gettjng inspired, this is how technology trickles down. Part of why the C8 is so cheap, is because GM chose to use an already known technology rather than reinventing the wheel. That's just how it is, and there's nothing wrong with that. Do you really think they could have built and developed the C8 from a clean sheet of paper and sell it for 60 grand, without using some kind of proven designs and technologies? GM is a big company and sell more corvettes in one year than Ferrari sells cars in five years, but R&D is expensive for GM too. Ferrari has been a target for Corvette for years, don't for one second think they won't use any resource available. Get real, they do.

Other than the silhouette of the 2 cars (which applies to MOST mid-engine cars), show me ONE styling element of the 458 that appears on the C8...ONE
Hood? Nope
Side ventss? Nope
Headlights? Nope
Tail lights? Nope
Front fascia? Nope
Rear Fascia? Nope
Anyone that mistakes a C8 for ANY Ferrari doesn't know what a Ferrari looks like. Now, coming down the road, it is possible to mistake a C8 for a McLaren because of the similar DRL's.

I guess I don’t see how Chevy is necessarily copying Ferrari at all. Some of you guys seem awful upset about the C8. The hate is dumb.

They aren't copying but like most manufacturers they test and study others to build a better product. Whether you like the C8 or not it has been a hit. We get them through our shop on a regular basis and the quality is pretty darn good and the paint is probably better than Ferraris. I'll reserve my my opinion otherwise amd to each their own.

What I’m getting at is, if Corvette is building a high revving Z06 and ones only interest is Ferraris then why care? Because they be benchmarked a 458? They benchmark a lot of cars. It will look nothing like a 458 inside or out. It was probably drive relatively dissimilar from a 458. And the 458 is almost 12 years old. Plus, if something is a good idea, like a high revving V8, then why wouldn’t GM want to do it if they have the ability?

In regards to the comments comparing back to back driving of an F8 and a C8. Of course the F8 is better. It’s 4-5x as expensive ffs. And yes if you drove them back to back you would notice a big dynamic difference. But that’s not how we drive cars. You buy one and live with it and either bond or not. The C8 is a car you can bond with. It’s inexpensive, exotic enough looking, decent sound, amazing ride quality, good performance and no fear factor of leaving anywhere.

I mostly agree. Currently own 458 and 488 but have deposit down on Z06 to add to my collection. The car intrigues me. Definitely not a Ferrari but still a great car for the money. I have a good friend who is corvette guy thru and thru and will get one of the first Z06s (guessing probably one of the first 250 based on his relationship with GM). I will be waiting forever which will give me a chance to drive his and decide. Did GM look at every square inch of the 458 (and others) when they came up with the C8? Of course. My friend opens agrees with that. Is C8 a terrific car for the money ? No question. Is it in the same ballpark as a Ferrari? No way. If you think it is - is because you don’t own one. My 2 cents.

Last edited by skank; 09-08-2021 at 07:11 AM.
The following 19 users liked this post by skank:
ArmchairArchitect (09-07-2021), AUSA (09-16-2021), Bucco Bar (10-30-2021), Datawiz (12-01-2021), dmaxx3500 (11-02-2021), elegant (09-08-2021), johnodrake (09-11-2021), keagan (09-07-2021), Kevin Marshall (09-09-2021), Kodiak Bear (10-30-2021), larryfdx (09-07-2021), ltomn (09-08-2021), roadking40 (09-10-2021), SoonerSpeedFreak (09-08-2021), Tactical-Speed (11-02-2021), Vernon (09-07-2021), XP882 (09-07-2021), Z Fast (09-07-2021), ZR1Dogan (09-14-2021) and 14 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Popular Reply

09-08-2021, 09:23 AM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,916 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Originally Posted by MaryAnnB
My cousin has both Portofino and Huracan. He will not ever look at a Corvette. I don't know what the hell you are talking about. It is a Chevrolet, get over it. There is a whole lotta young rich people now. Corvette does not symbolize anything for them, but a Lambo does. Only Corvette owners go chase after exotics. For them, you don't matter. Corvette has always been a poor man's Ferrari (yeah, many times we were told that to our faces), and now it is a duplication of 458 from 10 years ago. I guess they wanted to skip poor man part and go straight into cloning.

At the end, it is never going to be a Ferrari unless you bring the price up $150k and split it from Chevrolet. They should do that, actually.
Sounds like your brother is into sports cars for the wrong reasons...narcissistic status symbol/"wealth flex" rather than performance and the driving experience. These are exactly the types of guys that ruin the greater car community.

True car enthusiasts appreciate a wide spectrum of makes and models. A good car is a good car.
Old 09-07-2021, 01:19 PM
VER
Drifting

Received 1,733 Likes on 740 Posts

What is the cliffsnotes version lol
The following 7 users liked this post by VER:
555ctsv (09-19-2021), BMadden (09-09-2021), FringbirdAloha (09-19-2021), futuregopher (09-10-2021), kratedisease (09-07-2021), MyDarkAngel (04-05-2022), Tim0shel (09-10-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-07-2021, 01:36 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Originally Posted by VER
The fancy people said nice things about our lil ol Chebby.
The following 17 users liked this post by Jeff V.:
555ctsv (09-19-2021), blue_bomber697 (09-07-2021), Bwright (09-07-2021), C8Zeb06 (09-08-2021), CPhelps (09-08-2021), Datawiz (12-01-2021), FringbirdAloha (09-19-2021), futuregopher (09-10-2021), Houston Z33 (09-08-2021), Iker (09-08-2021), keagan (09-07-2021), kratedisease (09-07-2021), LAPII (10-30-2021), sstonebreaker (09-08-2021), Stingray23 (09-07-2021), Z Fast (09-07-2021), Z0Sick6 (09-07-2021) and 12 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-07-2021, 01:38 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by VER
For the lazy readers
The following users liked this post:
kratedisease (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 03:30 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

I dont understand the need to find validation in comments on Porsche and Ferrari forums. It is like it somehow makes people feel better about not being able to own one of those cars or something.
The following 3 users liked this post by Sub Driver:
64drvr (09-07-2021), JABCAT (09-08-2021), OrioleFan (09-15-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 05:35 PM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
I dont understand the need to find validation in comments on Porsche and Ferrari forums. It is like it somehow makes people feel better about not being able to own one of those cars or something.
Some of us find it entertaining
The following 7 users liked this post by Aozora:
C8Zeb06 (09-08-2021), isellpower (09-11-2021), johnodrake (09-11-2021), larryfdx (09-07-2021), Near Miss (09-07-2021), OMC5 (09-08-2021), SoonerSpeedFreak (09-08-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-07-2021, 05:46 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

No, it's actually a very good barometer of the mindset of both Porsche and Ferrari owners. You can be absolutely, positively be sure Team Corvette is viewing these forums to test their viewpoints.

Last edited by skank; 09-07-2021 at 07:04 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by skank:
Ahmed_otb (09-08-2021), ArmchairArchitect (09-08-2021), C8Zeb06 (09-08-2021), larryfdx (09-07-2021), LethalArrhythmia (10-31-2021), Nitro-C5 (09-09-2021), OMC5 (09-08-2021), Zaro Tundov (09-07-2021) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-07-2021, 05:57 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Thanks for taking the time to consolidate the text for an interesting read.
The following 9 users liked this post by Vernon:
blue_bomber697 (09-07-2021), foremaw (09-08-2021), kratedisease (09-07-2021), larryfdx (09-07-2021), Nitro-C5 (09-09-2021), roadking40 (09-10-2021), skank (09-07-2021), zland (09-09-2021), ZR1Dogan (09-14-2021) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-07-2021, 06:09 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
No, it's actually a very good barometer of the mindset of both Porsche and Ferrari owners. You can be absolutely, positively sure Team Corvette is viewing these forums to test their viewpoints.
If you say so, lol. I see it as a weird compulsion by some to be accepted by groups that own cars in a much more upscale market. Why anyone would give a crap about that is beyond me, but I guess some around here are in search of a self-confidence boost.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sub Driver:
64drvr (09-07-2021), fatsport (10-02-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 06:19 PM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Received 1,260 Likes on 558 Posts

That is the longest post from Skank in a long time.

Here is cliff notes. Ferrari owners are saying good things about the new Z06 engine especially the sound. They don’t understand how Chevy can produce a Flat P DOHC NA high rev motor when Ferrari had to move to Turbos which makes their cars sound like a Dyson vacuum cleaners.

The attached is copied from his post: New C8 is incredible. Cost me $94k I can’t see any competition under $200k. Z06 will be $150k fully loaded I wouldn’t be surprised if they hit $300k secondary.

Here is my two cents: If anyone wants to buy my Z06 C8 for 300k I will ship it in a closed carrier for free and wax it and even add a full clear bra. My only stipulation I want it to be a cash deal.

Okay let’s move to the other post saying no way it’s going to be a NA motor.

Last edited by fasttoys; 09-07-2021 at 07:16 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by fasttoys:
blue_bomber697 (09-07-2021), Houston Z33 (09-08-2021), JWP6114 (09-07-2021), OMC5 (09-08-2021), RapidC84B (09-07-2021), skank (09-07-2021), ZRacerLE (09-07-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-07-2021, 06:43 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,985 Likes on 935 Posts

The Corvette has a very long established heritage on its own and no one should care what a Ferrari (or any other exotic car owner thinks). A compliment is a compliment no matter if it's from a Ferrari owner or from a Civic owner and so is a diss or a hater! That said, They're all dream cars! For the exotics it's a car for the 1-3% and for non exotic cars like the Corvette and Porsche, they're for the 1-5ish% with a few outliers. Again they're all dream cars to most of the population.
skank (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 07:06 PM
kratedisease
Melting Slicks

Received 2,089 Likes on 906 Posts

OK, but more importantly........ did skank stay at a Holiday Inn Express ?
The following 3 users liked this post by kratedisease:
Lavender (09-08-2021), ShadyVette (09-07-2021), skank (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 07:17 PM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Skank did you ever get the C8 Z51? I remember you & Tom talked about it. I am not sure based off the read above that you now have a C8.

Last edited by fasttoys; 09-07-2021 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:37 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by fasttoys
Skank did you ever get the C8 Z51? I remember you an Tom talked about it not sure based off the read above that you now have a C8.
Tom got a Blade Silver HTC and I'm waiting for something slightly more aggressive.
The following 2 users liked this post by skank:
fasttoys (09-08-2021), Lavender (09-08-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 08:04 PM
salemusa
an american revolution
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 364 Likes on 139 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

very interesting analogy
do you have the movie version lol
Old 09-07-2021, 08:29 PM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

If you say so, lol. I see it as a weird compulsion by some to be accepted by groups that own cars in a much more upscale market. Why anyone would give a crap about that is beyond me, but I guess some around here are in search of a self-confidence boost.
One thing I could use a lot less of is self confidence, just ask my Wife or GF.
Not everyone is looking for acceptance into some snoody club of European cars owners, it’s seriously just interesting to read the reactions and gauge the current sentiment, to see the slow acceptance of the amazing product that GM has created here.
Funny to read them say that it’s more Ferrari than a Ferrari too.
The following 3 users liked this post by Aozora:
ArmchairArchitect (09-08-2021), LethalArrhythmia (10-31-2021), Nitro-C5 (09-09-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 08:42 PM
C7ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 774 Likes on 372 Posts

Wow that’s amazing,
Thank you for the post.

Get notified of new replies

To Interesting excerpts on the ZO6 from Ferrari owners on FerrariChat

Old 09-07-2021, 09:28 PM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Received 1,039 Likes on 554 Posts

What I found most interesting is the 458 owner who said he prefers to drive his C8. Juechter’s team wisely copied from the best, driving the C8 back to back with a 458 while they tuned the C8’s chassis. The result can stand up to real world comparisons with mid engine Ferraris.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:06 AM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by skank
Tom got a Blade Silver HTC and I'm waiting for something slightly more aggressive.
‘Makes sense I did not keep my C8 Z51 long, it’s a Great Leap Forward for Corvette but it was not raw enough for me compared to many other toys I have enjoyed. I felt my C7 Z06 to be more aggressive & fun to drive, the new C8 motor is very refined could be a little boring in comparison. The good news it has very high end interior materials compared to my C7., I am hoping the new C8 Z06 is more raw experience.

Last edited by fasttoys; 09-09-2021 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:20 AM
bestvette2020
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts

dang after reading this, i wonder if i should sell my c8 before 36,000 miles and put a deposit on z06. i can still get a first allocation.. hmmm
teds427 (09-13-2021)

Quick Reply: Interesting excerpts on the ZO6 from Ferrari owners on FerrariChat