C8 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace

C8 Instrument Display Blank

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 08:21 AM
Vito52
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default C8 Instrument Display Blank

Drove the 2022 C8 yesterday for the first time in 6-7 weeks as the weather here is finally improving. The car started right up & ran fine (it's always on the charger). However, the instrument display was blank, totally black, nothing. The infotainment screen was fine. I shut the car off & restarted it and still had no instruments - no speedo, no tach, nothing. The top lowered & locked fine. However, the warning that the top was secured would not go off. Drove the car for 20 minutes or so and then brought it home. It idled while I looked through the manual for any information on this matter, found nothing. Then I shut if off, opened the driver's door, closed the door & restarted all while still seated in the car. The screen came back & all seemed well. Repeated this start-off-door cycle three times and each time it was fine. Question: Has anyone else experienced this issue? What is the cause? What is the solution? How is this issue prevented? Thank you for your comments.
Old 03-28-2023, 05:46 PM
oregonsharkman
Melting Slicks

Received 938 Likes on 364 Posts

Yep - I had the same thing on my 21 when I first got it, but it went away on its own.

I found the solution for me was to press the start button for about 1/2 sec without my foot on the brake. The screens came right back up.

Old 03-29-2023, 07:50 AM
Vito52
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oregonsharkman
Yep - I had the same thing on my 21 when I first got it, but it went away on its own.

I found the solution for me was to press the start button for about 1/2 sec without my foot on the brake. The screens came right back up.
Thank for the reply. When you pressed the start button without pressing the brake, was the engine running or off? Please outline the sequence of actions.

Get notified of new replies

To C8 Instrument Display Blank

Quick Reply: C8 Instrument Display Blank