C8 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace

Question on basic track prep for the C8.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 04:44 PM
TheJusticar
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Question on basic track prep for the C8.

I’m looking to start tracking my C8 in the near future and was wondering what to expect from a shop in terms of time and/or money to do the recommended track alignment and DCT fill?
Old 02-24-2022, 05:16 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,809 Likes on 2,955 Posts

From a Chevy dealer, roughly, $200 for the alignment and $400 for the DCT fill.
Old 02-24-2022, 05:25 PM
rwillitt
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Then $200 more to put it back to street alignment if you drive it much.
Old 02-24-2022, 08:37 PM
NoMatter
Trackfecta
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 759 Likes on 388 Posts

An alignment can be costly if you don’t prep this car yourself for the shop doing the work. If you can need to get the washers flipped/ swapped on all four upper control arms at each corner. Which is a little bit of work. More so on the rear for you have to remove the fender wells and the little crush box to get to the full control arm. If the rear brake ducts happen to be on they need to be removed also. The front lower control arms have some aero component that will need to be removed also. It’s not hard but it takes decent amount of time and can save you some money.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:04 AM
C8gofast
Racer

Received 245 Likes on 92 Posts

You can add the 2 quarts yourself. It’s easy. Remove the left rear tire and run hose to plug on transmission. Check out the videos on YouTube.
Old 05-01-2022, 09:14 PM
theclutch
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by SPOHN
An alignment can be costly if you don’t prep this car yourself for the shop doing the work. If you can need to get the washers flipped/ swapped on all four upper control arms at each corner. Which is a little bit of work. More so on the rear for you have to remove the fender wells and the little crush box to get to the full control arm. If the rear brake ducts happen to be on they need to be removed also. The front lower control arms have some aero component that will need to be removed also. It’s not hard but it takes decent amount of time and can save you some money.
Are you aware of any videos or DIY's that will show how the rear ones are done? Moving the front washers are intuitive.
Old 05-02-2022, 07:56 AM
Andybump
Le Mans Master

Received 3,846 Likes on 2,284 Posts

I don't track mine, so I have no direct experience with track preparation. But the 2021 Track Preparation guide also appears to say that the brake fluid may need to be replaced before, and after tracking the car. Its a little ambiguous (at least to me) because it first says replace it with "high performance brake fluid", but then says "If high performance brake fluid is used...."Here are the relevant clips from the guide:

This is the "Prepare the Brakes" section - which also includes info about flushing the brake system:

And, when returning to "normal" street driving after tracking, step 4 in this table says replace the brake fluid again.

Get notified of new replies

To Question on basic track prep for the C8.