Notices
C8 Parts for Sale/Wanted C8 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

WTB: Tranparent or Black top

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2022, 09:47 AM
snork
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Tranparent or Black top

WTB or WTT Coupe removable top in black or transparent, currently I have white,
Also looking for black A-post cover and rear roof piece in black
prefer local or within 200 miles from Dallas Tx
Old 12-15-2022, 09:57 AM
NAVY_LDO
Drifting

Received 892 Likes on 462 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Have you thought about having the pieces wrapped in Carbon Flash? All the pieces would be uniform and match the other CF trim. And it’s removable if you ever change you mind. Just a thought.

Good luck with the search!
Old 12-15-2022, 10:07 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 424 Likes on 322 Posts

Damn, to bad you are not in Norcal. I have EXACTLY what you need. I can't imagine shipping though. I bought a new tv last month, it poured, and the box was outside. damn it.

Look at some of my other posts and find my ad. It has pictures. If interested ping me. I just remembered we are currently retrofitting some of our conf. rooms at work with 75" displays. I just pulled tape and these tops are 4'W X 3.5'H I asked one of my technicians to snag a box and stuff it in our lab. I am going in the office next Wed and could likely package this up but I forewarn shipping wont be cheap but we can work it out.
Teddy

Last edited by teddyca; 12-15-2022 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-16-2022, 10:36 PM
ZZZorro
Instructor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 118 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by NAVY_LDO
Have you thought about having the pieces wrapped in Carbon Flash? All the pieces would be uniform and match the other CF trim. And it’s removable if you ever change you mind. Just a thought.

Good luck with the search!
Wrap it 3M Gloss Black Metallic looks just like carbon flash I'm having mine done next week $200 plus their doing the piece behind the top to blend
Old 12-17-2022, 01:36 PM
snork
Racer

Originally Posted by ZZZorro
Wrap it 3M Gloss Black Metallic looks just like carbon flash I'm having mine done next week $200 plus their doing the piece behind the top to blend
good price, hope they can do a good job, personally I think CF is way too much flash, I'm planning on gloss black
Old 12-17-2022, 03:50 PM
ZZZorro
Instructor

Support Corvetteforum!

I have used these folks many times, I get a repeat customer discount otherwise it would be about $400 have you seen the 3M black metallic I have a small sample I can snap a picture for you and post if you’d like ?
Old 12-17-2022, 08:38 PM
snork
Racer

Originally Posted by ZZZorro
I have used these folks many times, I get a repeat customer discount otherwise it would be about $400 have you seen the 3M black metallic I have a small sample I can snap a picture for you and post if you’d like ?
see post above NO FLASH thank you
Old 12-20-2022, 01:32 AM
c6sutton
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are wrapping the a pillars and behind the roof and may go woth a clear roof later. Make sure to wrap in gloss black not carbon flash. Gloss black will match the clear roof better. Ask me how I know.
The following users liked this post:
snork (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 12:20 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Sort of feel like I am hijacking here but certainly not the case. I basically have done every do and don't mentioned here. LOL I bought a gloss black roof and it is wrapped in 3M CF. Looks great but I have no other CF, so my intention was to wrap it in Carbon Flash to match my current pillars and halo which we wrapped a few months ago. Then I asked myself, why wrap a black roof when you also have a Ceramic Gray roof? So I am going to just wrap it, that way if I ever decide I want to go back to stock and pull all the wrap off the roof will match my car. LOL I had a brain fart when I bought a 3rd top. It took my 19 year old son to educate me. HAHAHA As for everyone saying to wrap the halo in gloss black and not Carbon Flash, they are right OR if you wrap them like I did make sure you wrap the sides of the top so it esthetically looks in place. If you look at my car you can see a slight difference in my transparent top sides and everything I wrapped. Its enough to drive me crazy so I am going to wrap the sides of my transparent top in Carbon Flash, and then the whole Ceramic Gray top in Carbon Flash, and sell this 3rd Gloss Black, wrapped roof. LOL There you go.

The following users liked this post:
snork (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 12:30 PM
ZZZorro
Instructor

Support Corvetteforum!

Very good advice and info thank you folks - I am chewing on this ... it is really plain to see the issue that the CF wrap causes if you eventually go with the glass roof - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 02-01-2023, 11:00 AM
snork
Racer

Ttt
Old 02-01-2023, 12:06 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

I will give you the same offer I gave Salmon057 yesterday. $1250 shipped and my top is yours. You dont want the CF pull off the wrap, but I think it looks good.
Old 02-01-2023, 03:09 PM
snork
Racer

Originally Posted by teddyca
I will give you the same offer I gave Salmon057 yesterday. $1250 shipped and my top is yours. You dont want the CF pull off the wrap, but I think it looks good.
Thanks for the offer, $1250 is too close in relative cost of a clear top

Get notified of new replies

To Tranparent or Black top

Quick Reply: WTB: Tranparent or Black top