Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BREAKING: 3 new colors for 2025

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 03:32 PM
mnm4ever
Burning Brakes

Received 676 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Korbek
It was overcast. In bright sun Mystic is very clearly more blue than purple. It was almost a pure liquid sapphire looking color with a subtle purple hint (like hypersonic's green hint % wise).

It was amazing.

Even as a young buck I necer liked the super loud colors like lambos have. I gravitate to jewel tones. Emerald, sapphire, and ruby all look great. Red mist hits the mark. Hysteria has a chance at being near sapphire (close enough). Chevy just needs an emerald green.
I don't not like this color, but your explanation of it perfectly sums up my problem with it. Its just another blue. A very deep and rich blue, with some purple overtones, but its blue. Like sapphire, and emerald green, red mist, all very deep rich looking colors. But ultimately understated colors, like you would find on an expensive Mercedes or Range Rover. I want my sports car to have a sports car color, not a luxurious color. And color trends are not at all hard to follow, especially in this day and age where everything is posted and going viral. The bright vivid impact colors are whats in style. I was hoping the purple would be PURPLE, not blue with some slight overtones. The fact that they are making blue stitching the new interior option also makes me think that Hysteria is going to be more blue than purple.
Old 04-26-2024, 03:35 PM
Korbek
Melting Slicks

Received 2,030 Likes on 836 Posts

I'd bet money the Habanero interior, if it is what I think it is, is only really going to be viable on a Sebring C8 and MAYBE a black one. I'm guessing it will be like Artemis, and will be a two tone orange dipped interior. Baaaaarf.
The following users liked this post:
mnm4ever (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 03:36 PM
mnm4ever
Burning Brakes

Oh HELL yes. I think I feel a Hysteria C8 3LT w/ blue stitching in my future. This will make putting up with google OS almost worth it!

The leather steering wheel airbag cover will cost them a LOT of 3LT sales I bet. Lots of folks only get 3LT for that.
But do they really? You can buy a 3LT steering wheel airbag cover for like $200. If that was the one thing I was buying a 3LT for, I would just get the cover after purchase. Its one of the easiest things in the car to change out. I think most people choose the 3LT because of the expanded interior color options, and the fact that once you pay extra for GT2 seats, colored seatbelts, and two tone seats, you are less than $3k away from a 3LT and the nicer leather. If anything, I think more people DONT get a 3LT because they are worried about the dashboard delamination.
Korbek (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 03:38 PM
mnm4ever
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jm74
Isn't this the same Competition Yellow as seen on the C4's? If so, should also be listed as a "returning" color instead of "new." Frankling, I do wish they added some better colors. I love the sound of Hysteria.
I asked that in the other thread... wasnt the C4 Comp Yellow a non-metallic color? This is a metallic tint coat, so maybe a little different. I think its going to look killer, give it a chance!
Korbek (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 03:39 PM
Korbek
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mnm4ever
But do they really? You can buy a 3LT steering wheel airbag cover for like $200. If that was the one thing I was buying a 3LT for, I would just get the cover after purchase. Its one of the easiest things in the car to change out. I think most people choose the 3LT because of the expanded interior color options, and the fact that once you pay extra for GT2 seats, colored seatbelts, and two tone seats, you are less than $3k away from a 3LT and the nicer leather. If anything, I think more people DONT get a 3LT because they are worried about the dashboard delamination.
I dunno. I'd suspect a lot of C8 buyers want it to come OEM with what they want and dont want to "mod" something, even as simple as the airbag cover.

But I do agree the delaminating dash deters a lot of folks. With the airbag cover change, I might just go 2LT and a blue fabric dye pen, lol. I was one who got 3LT bc I didnt want to replace the airbag cover and was getting GT2 seats anyway, but time will tell. Might just go whole hog and take my chances with dash delam.
Old 04-26-2024, 03:46 PM
mnm4ever
Burning Brakes

To be fair the blue interior isnt "dipped", theres a significant amount of the darker twilight blue. The red and tan "dipped" interiors are brutally bright and eye searing as you call it lol.

I 100% agree a two tone Morello/Black interior would be KILLER paired with multiple existing exterior colors, and would even match blue cars better than AR does.

I'd love a two tone black & twilight blue interior (replace all tension blue pieces with twilight, replace all twilight pieces with black). Maybe make twilight a shade or two lighter but not as loud as tension.

Or even simply jet black 3LT interior with BLUE stitching. How this isnt available is beyond me. They already have blue thread used in tension/twilight lol.
Its still called dipped, even though it has two shades of blue. I don't know why?? Maybe because all the plastics are Twilight? I think Black and Twilight are too close to go together well. Tension with black instead of Twilight would look awesome too, but it works well with the Rapid Blue. The colors were definitely meant to go together, but its the only color that really looks good with it. White kind of works too, but then you really notice how blue the Twilight is. And for those considering it, no one makes any blue accessories that match

If GM had offered a Black/Tension combo instead, it would have worked just as well with Rapid, and also would have gone better with the White, Metallic White, CMG, Black, Carbon Flash.
Korbek (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 03:48 PM
mnm4ever
Burning Brakes

I dunno. I'd suspect a lot of C8 buyers want it to come OEM with what they want and dont want to "mod" something, even as simple as the airbag cover.

But I do agree the delaminating dash deters a lot of folks. With the airbag cover change, I might just go 2LT and a blue fabric dye pen, lol. I was one who got 3LT bc I didnt want to replace the airbag cover and was getting GT2 seats anyway, but time will tell. Might just go whole hog and take my chances with dash delam.
Mine delaminated a little bit on the instrument cluster cover, but then it went back down. Haven't noticed it since then, but I am sure it will come up again. I am on the list to get new dash parts, but they are taking a very long time to get. I wasn't too worried since its under warranty.
Old 04-26-2024, 03:52 PM
Korbek
Melting Slicks

Mine delaminated a little bit on the instrument cluster cover, but then it went back down. Haven't noticed it since then, but I am sure it will come up again. I am on the list to get new dash parts, but they are taking a very long time to get. I wasn't too worried since its under warranty.
Yeah, just silly buyers have to consider it, especially if you might keep the car 10+ years.

Side note the new silver 5 split-spoke wheels with bevelled spoke edges look WAY better than the original 5 split-spoke ones. I think they are on 2024s too. Might actually consider taking the base wheels if I get a 25, which would rare for me with any sports car purchase. Standard wheels are usually not great but these are a big improvement.

Edit: nevermind I guess the superior new ones are actually a $995 option. They still have the crappy standard wheels. Maybe 2025 will see the OG standard wheels phased out and the better new ones become standard. One can hope.

Last edited by Korbek; 04-26-2024 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-26-2024, 03:53 PM
mnm4ever
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by astepup
I've never understood the visceral hatred some have for AYM. If a person doesn't like it that's fine with me. I for one thinks it's a color that really pops in the sun and I've only seen one other AY car "in the wild". I constantly get compliments on it with zero negativity.

Now to post a shameless pic:
Its not a bad color, and no one would expect you to get negative comments. But to be honest, no one is ever going to give you negative comments to your face about something like the color of your car. Of course they are going to tell you that they like it. I am sure there is a good percentage of people who tell me how much they love the color of my car, turn around and whisper that they would never drive one that color. Its an impact color, its not supposed to be "popular", thats why I like it. The only person who has to like it is you. And your spouse too usually!

Also, all this whining about colors is just having fun. Some people will like the new colors, some will miss the old ones. Honestly, I hope that they look all terrible because I don't want to agonize over trading my car in for a better color! My wife already told me that since we have a purple Jeep she doesn't also want a purple Corvette, so I am off the hook on that one.
Old 04-26-2024, 03:56 PM
Korbek
Melting Slicks

Its still called dipped, even though it has two shades of blue. I don't know why?? Maybe because all the plastics are Twilight? I think Black and Twilight are too close to go together well. Tension with black instead of Twilight would look awesome too, but it works well with the Rapid Blue. The colors were definitely meant to go together, but its the only color that really looks good with it. White kind of works too, but then you really notice how blue the Twilight is. And for those considering it, no one makes any blue accessories that match

If GM had offered a Black/Tension combo instead, it would have worked just as well with Rapid, and also would have gone better with the White, Metallic White, CMG, Black, Carbon Flash.
Yeah two tone tension/black would be good. But I'd need to swap out the big center console piece. It's a bit too much with that tension blue on such a large single piece lol.

TBH with blue stitching I'm just fine with black interior. Easy to maintain, hides dirt on the seats, air ventilation holes dont make them look "dirty", etc.
Old 04-26-2024, 03:59 PM
mnm4ever
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 3LZR21U
Agreed on pretty much everything. Artemis could and should have been the "let's make a legitimate grey option and distinguish it from SCG". Instead it leans green (intentionally) so it won't be used on pretty much anything other than Cacti or grey (and most of the grey cars will go with black/red).

Hell, I wouldn't even mind black seats being the only option if you could at least get the interior paneling in a quality array of colors to choose from. To this very moment, the interiors are still voodoo pixie fairy dust. You want suede door panels to match your suede seats? Good luck if you don't like contrast stitching and BLACK. You want muted aluminum trim in the interior? Sure, but you won't get 3-4 pieces that really will stand out like a sore thumb even more. You want a dash that won't cause glare without having to wear polarized glasses? No way, we want the dash to look like a modern-art sculpture.
You made me want to go and back to look at some pics of Artemis, its nicer than I remembered at first. I bet it would look perfect with HSG, the green tones would work better than the black and red. IArtemis may even go well with Red Mist and Carbon Flash, probably with the two whites too.

My dash has some glare where the Tension blue sections are, but polarized sunglasses do help a lot. So does the window film I had installed, it used to be worse before that.
Old 04-26-2024, 04:03 PM
mnm4ever
Burning Brakes

Yeah two tone tension/black would be good. But I'd need to swap out the big center console piece. It's a bit too much with that tension blue on such a large single piece lol.

TBH with blue stitching I'm just fine with black interior. Easy to maintain, hides dirt on the seats, air ventilation holes dont make them look "dirty", etc.
Its definitely not for everyone! Good thing is the seats are Twilight Blue so they dont have that dirty look from the vent holes. And I agree, black with blue stitching will look awesome. Too bad you will have to pay up for the 3LT interior to get it.
Old 04-26-2024, 04:04 PM
Stealthy4
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by switchlanez
HP from a different camera.

Reminds me of "Blue Flash" from the Chevy Cobalt 15 years ago.

Exponent (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 04:05 PM
winders
Burning Brakes

Received 1,209 Likes on 549 Posts

I asked that in the other thread... wasnt the C4 Comp Yellow a non-metallic color? This is a metallic tint coat, so maybe a little different. I think its going to look killer, give it a chance!
It's not going to look killer as it matches the school bus yellow of that older Corvette in this photo:

That yellow may have been fine way back then on that Corvette...but not for the C8....no sir....yuck!!!
Acpantera (04-28-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 04:13 PM
data174
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I assume that all these changes go into production with the 2025 line ?
Old 04-26-2024, 04:25 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,629 Likes on 1,747 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Please discuss the matter with out insulting others.
Exponent (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 04:39 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,019 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Agree with all of this. Would have loved a black/tension with the middle piece being black to go with my Rapid Blue. Really wanted black with blue stitching but since it wasn't offered and I didn't want to home dye the stitching so went with red stitching -- which I love but doesn't really match the blue at all.
Korbek (04-26-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To BREAKING: 3 new colors for 2025

Old 04-26-2024, 04:40 PM
switchlanez
Drifting

Received 1,225 Likes on 691 Posts

Per GM:

Sebring Orange is "RETURNING"

Hysteria Purple is "NEW"

and Competition Yellow is "EW"

lol
Acpantera (04-28-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 04:40 PM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,232 Likes on 2,277 Posts

Originally Posted by 3LZR21U
Negative. It is more purple than C4's Dark Purple Metallic or C7's Black Rose--both of which are glorified & darkened maroon. Amethyst (regular, not black) would also be an honorable mention for "least purple, purple". I mean, this is basically grey with a 1 PPM of red and 1 PPM of blue to just barely give it a twinge of purple.

That is NOTHING close to the new C8 purple color. 👎🏻
Korbek (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 05:30 PM
mnm4ever
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by winders
It's not going to look killer as it matches the school bus yellow of that older Corvette in this photo:

That yellow may have been fine way back then on that Corvette...but not for the C8....no sir....yuck!!!
Well obviously color is extremely subjective. I am a fan of yellow cars in general, I have owned a few before, and I have one now... not a Corvette though. But that's not a high resolution picture, and its also in very bright sunlight. So its hard to see the differences in the color. I have not gotten confirmation from anyone, but I am pretty sure the C5 Comp Yellow is not metallic, and the new one is. That alone would yield very different results in appearance that will not be as apparent in a photograph. I would agree the base color is the same, but the metallic tintcoat would make a difference in how it looks in person. Like white vs metallic white. Also, not to be pedantic, but school bus yellow is more orange than this. This might be more taxi cab yellow.

Funny side story - I used to have a bright yellow Mazda Protege5, when I lived and worked in DC. I drove around the city a lot, and I was CONSTANTLY getting hailed as a cab. More than once at stoplights people tried to get in the back of my car, thinking it was a taxi. Was a pretty similar shade of yellow to this new one.

Quick Reply: BREAKING: 3 new colors for 2025