Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trusted Chevy (Corvette) dealerships for DCT fluid change

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 02:31 PM
Kbmwgt
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Trusted Chevy (Corvette) dealerships for DCT fluid change

My question is....
Is there a list of trusted Chevy dealerships (that KNOW how to handle a C8) ? I realize there are Chevy dealers almost everywhere but most do not deal in Corvettes so I would be leery about one like that having to work my C8 while on the road trip.

Here's my reason for asking.
Without making a story even longer I should get my C8 mid-June (on order). In late August I am signed up for the Corvette Caravan to Bowling Green. So I will be traveling from San Jose, CA to Bowling Green. Maybe 2700 miles rounded. I then planned a route (staying clear of major cities) to Nova Scotia, back across Canada to Mackinaw, Michigan then south to Texas then finally west to home. My routing rounds to 12k miles.

So somewhere in there I'll need the 7500 miles service (DCT).

My rough estimate would be between Michigan and Texas. But I would still like a list of trusted dealer that I could take the C8 to if needed along the way.

Thank you to whomever might help.
Old 04-13-2024, 03:52 PM
CanadianCacti
Heel & Toe

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope you have PPF and/or a bra because the road conditions in the Atlantic Provinces aren't always great especially if you're taking the more rural scenic routes.
Old 04-13-2024, 04:51 PM
khartford
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 262 Posts

I trust Matick in Redford or Les Stanford in Dearborn, both in Michigan. It's not that I don't like others, their prices may not be competitive.
The following users liked this post:
Al@MatickChevy (04-13-2024)
Old 04-13-2024, 04:54 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,899 Likes on 1,916 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Classic Chevrolet in DFW is a well thought of dealer and service.
Old 04-13-2024, 05:32 PM
Bob Paris
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,374 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Go on the Chevy site and search for "Corvette Signature Dealers."
The following users liked this post:
kromdom (04-13-2024)
Old 04-13-2024, 05:44 PM
db4375
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Kbmwgt
My question is....
Is there a list of trusted Chevy dealerships (that KNOW how to handle a C8) ? I realize there are Chevy dealers almost everywhere but most do not deal in Corvettes so I would be leery about one like that having to work my C8 while on the road trip.

Without making a story even longer I should get my C8 mid-June (on order). In late August I am signed up for the Corvette Caravan to Bowling Green. So I will be traveling from San Jose, CA to Bowling Green. Maybe 2700 miles rounded. I then planned a route (staying clear of major cities) to Nova Scotia, back across Canada to Mackinaw, Michigan then south to Texas then finally west to home. My routing rounds to 12k miles.

My rough estimate would be between Michigan and Texas. But I would still like a list of trusted dealer that I could take the C8 to if needed along the way.

How would you know if they even did anything?? Only definitive way would be you get the car back and it doesn't function correctly. I have a 22 that just had the DCT filter and engine oil changed. The free one. Car is almost exactly 2 yrs old and has 3000 miles on it. Jeff Schmitt in Dayton, OH. Car seems to run fine at the moment. Good luck trusting a dealer you have no experience with.
Old 04-13-2024, 07:17 PM
GLFMAN
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kbmwgt
My question is....

I purchased my 2023 Sting Ray at Les Stanford in Dearborn, Michigan. I go to them for service because they're one of the higher volume dealers and my logic is they must have some capable technicians who see a fair number of Corvettes. I've been going to them for service and repairs and have been pleased with their performance and service advisors so far. I plan to take my vehicle there this summer for my 7500 mile service. I recommend them but I can't guarantee they're the lowest price you can find... although if you plan it out correctly, your DCT service can be covered by GM.
Old 04-13-2024, 07:55 PM
SoCal C8
Burning Brakes

Received 1,282 Likes on 537 Posts

Rydell in Northridge, CA has been first rate on all the maintenance on my 21 Coupe. They have a great Master Corvette mechanic and 5 certified C8 mechanics. Highly recommend and they allow you to bring the parts!
Old 04-13-2024, 11:35 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,126 Likes on 6,194 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Paris
Go on the Chevy site and search for "Corvette Signature Dealers."

Also, Huffines in Plano, TX is highly regarded. They did the DCT service on my 2020 C8 Z51.
Old 04-14-2024, 12:07 AM
MarkMeHopeful
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,557 Likes on 850 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by db4375
How would you know if they even did anything?? Only definitive way would be you get the car back and it doesn't function correctly. I have a 22 that just had the DCT filter and engine oil changed. The free one. Car is almost exactly 2 yrs old and has 3000 miles on it. Jeff Schmitt in Dayton, OH. Car seems to run fine at the moment. Good luck trusting a dealer you have no experience with.
If you have your PDR set to auto-record and have the overlay set to a setting that shows engine RPM you can at least tell if they do the Hydraulic System Flush as part of changing the DCT filter because the engine runs at 2000 rpm for about 8 minutes while doing that procedure. Also, my PDR caught the technician explaining to someone who asked about what he was doing on the audio of the recording. As @SoCal C8 said above, Rydell in Northridge, CA does great work.

P.S. OP - I assume you meant DCT filter change in your title, not DCT fluid change. The filter is due at 7,500 miles, the fluid not until 3 years or 45,000 miles.
Old 04-14-2024, 12:15 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,441 Likes on 14,050 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I have had very good service from Rusty Drewing Chevy in Jefferson City, Mo if you happen to be in the vicinity and need something done.
Old 04-14-2024, 12:29 PM
Kbmwgt
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 45 Posts

Well thank you to all for the suggestions.
To answer a few items...
CanadianCacti: Ah...well no. I've driven to Maine twice in my C7. All was good. Its a Chevy. So it gets a little character.

Khartford: Not sure why I would be concerned about service prices. I'm in transit...if I need a repair, well I need a repair. I WILL note the two dealers you mentioned though.
GLFMAN suggested Stanford also

Wayback: I am going to DFW so I'll keep your suggestion too.

BobParis: Great suggestion. I will do that.

db4375: Wow....a real negative response. Hope your life gets better.

SoCal C8: I try my best to stay away from LaLaLand. But thanks for the suggestion.

MarkMeHopeful: Yes you are correct. DCT filter.

Zymurgy: Plano noted.

Vetteman Jack: Jeff City. Got it.

Thanks to all I'll now get that list that was suggested and note the others on my route.

Mike

Last edited by Kbmwgt; 04-14-2024 at 12:34 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Trusted Chevy (Corvette) dealerships for DCT fluid change

Quick Reply: Trusted Chevy (Corvette) dealerships for DCT fluid change