Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clarification. 2024 wheels ordered - C8 sitting at dealership

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 11:02 AM
PeterB
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Clarification. 2024 wheels ordered - C8 sitting at dealership

Greetings Gentlemen

It’s been 2 going on 3 year wait on my C8.
Long story short. Paid $1500 deposit couple years back 2021 to get on list, finally ordered in late 2022 (paid dealer $3k then) and awaiting it while (some of you may have heard) the transporter on way to dealership was in a collision where the driver was killed several & vets damaged. Mine being one of them…

As a result dealer advised new vet was to now arrive late Nov/Dec 2022. I chose not to take that option as car would have sat in garage through winter months not to mention be a year older and not enjoyed it which brings us to date.

Three months ago we place the new order and vet was delivered to dealership last week, end March. When the salesman send me the pics I requested, I noted stock wheels versus the wheels I ordered with car. I questioned salesman Brian, he stated wheels come separate from Chevy?

As much as I wanted it, I did not make the 40 min trip to pick up car yet, it’s been going on 10 days now, cars delivered NO wheels yet?
Holy smokes! Where are they coming from ? (I assumed Chevy Kentucky?) and what’s taking so long, why were they not sent with car ?

The thought entered my mind ball got dropped somewhere, dealer, Chevy, salesman may have dropped ball ordering them but they’re on the sticker ??
I know dealership wants the car delivered so they can get paid right so what's the delay? They claim they're in route with no eta can that really be ?

Just curious if anyone had similar happen to them and what the outcome days waiting finally was in arrival.

Thank you for your input. Good day

Last edited by PeterB; 04-10-2024 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-10-2024, 11:10 AM
progtp
Burning Brakes

Received 1,370 Likes on 469 Posts

Make sure you get both sets of wheels. A lot of dealers over the last couple of years have tried to tell customers they don't get the ones that are on the car from the factory ( base wheels) Its confirmed with GM you should get both sets.
The following 3 users liked this post by progtp:
EVL-C8 (04-11-2024), mefly2 (04-10-2024), Zormecteon (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 11:28 AM
PeterB
Drifting

Thank you Progtp. That I'm aware of and so is dealership. Thought they'd be here by now, in fact I have a post I had to post and repost already in "C8 Parts for Sale" for the stock/base wheels...

I just don't get what taking so long and why they just weren't sent with car ? Seems **** backwards to me. Not to mention the rim job on the price of 'm...

My friend Mark who has the same color car you have (they look like the same wheels Prog you and he got) paid $1500 and they were delivered on car.
Mark did not get a second set wheels, did you ?

Thanks again for chiming in. I appreciate you watching my back. Good day

Last edited by PeterB; 04-10-2024 at 12:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
progtp (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 11:36 AM
Spamburger_Hamburger
Burning Brakes

Received 1,662 Likes on 566 Posts

So many factors when they ship the optioned wheels separate. As long as they can confirm the are ordered, I'd go pick up the car and enjoy it until they come in with how long you've waited.
The following 2 users liked this post by Spamburger_Hamburger:
kromdom (04-10-2024), Landru (04-11-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 12:46 PM
Dan Hintz
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by progtp
Make sure you get both sets of wheels. A lot of dealers over the last couple of years have tried to tell customers they don't get the ones that are on the car from the factory ( base wheels) Its confirmed with GM you should get both sets.
Always wondered what wheel sets this rule applied to... I "upgraded" (due to constraints) to the Q99 option, which I just turned into a winter rim.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:07 PM
LeJerk
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Looking on the website, these are a second set of wheels. So like it was said before, you should get the ones that are on it right now as well. I'm not sure if they usually come at the exact same time as the car though. The dealership should know, or at the very least look into it for you.

19" FRONT/20" REAR 15-SPOKE BRIGHT POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS, GENUINE CORVETTE ACCESSORY
$4,350
Front 19" x 8.5" wheels
Rear 20" x 11" wheels
Includes Chrome lug nuts and Chrome wheel locks
These are a second set of wheels
Old 04-10-2024, 01:46 PM
PeterB
Drifting

Default Thank you SpamB, Dan, Lejerk…

Yes of course I’m jonesing getting the car. While it’s night and day (I have my C5 torch red Convert) I can enjoy until it sells “Posted on C5 For Sale Forum.”

Circumstances as I see them is once I get the car and they're paid, I’m chasing for my new wheels. Where now, they want to chase too to get car delivered and everyone paid on it. Correct?

I don’t want to leave my car sitting at dealership for weeks any more than anyone else would. Yet I like to pick it up completed. Bonehead Chevy Factory management to send car without my order being complete.

Base set is not a big to do with me. I’ve confirmed with them they belong to me and they’re in agreement. It’s just, I don’t get it, where are they coming from that it takes this long is beyond reasoning to me. Chevy I would think yes? Yet how do they ship them stone age snail 🐌 mail ??

Puzzling. That’s what prompted my post to see if anyone else had this happen to them as well.

PeterB 🇮🇹🇺🇸
Thank you Gents

Last edited by PeterB; 04-10-2024 at 02:37 PM.
mefly2 (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 02:03 PM
progtp
Burning Brakes

Received 1,370 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterB
Thank you Progtp. That I'm aware of and so is dealership. Thought they'd be here by now, in fact I have a post I had to post and repost already in "C8 Parts for Sale" for the stock/base wheels...

I just don't get what taking so long and why they just weren't sent with car ? Seems **** backwards to me. Not to mention the rim job on the price of 'm...

My friend Mark who has the same color car you have (they look like the same wheels Prog you and he got) paid $1500 and they were delivered on car.
Mark did not get a second set wheels, did you ?

Thanks again for chiming in. I appreciate you watching my back. Good day

Mine are aftermarket wheels made by Blaque Diamond.

The wheels you ordered I've never seen before. Must be a 2024 new option. Maybe they are on constraint?

I feel for your situation. I hope you get an answer soon.
mefly2 (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 02:07 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Your polished wheels get shipped to the dealer from what's called Vehicle Outfitters. Here is where communication within the dealership breaks down. Most salesmen have no clue how the LPO options come to the dealership. To get an answer to where your wheels are you need somebody from the parts department to call the SVO warehouse and give them the last 8 of your Vin# of your car and they can tell the dealer if they have the wheels or when they will get them?
The following 3 users liked this post by Corvette ED:
JALLEN4 (04-11-2024), mefly2 (04-10-2024), progtp (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 02:21 PM
ohfiver
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

My 2022 Vette came with second set of wheels center caps and lugs installed, dealership had original wheels in boxes with lug nuts and center caps.
Old 04-10-2024, 03:40 PM
PeterB
Drifting

Default Thank you gents. CorvetteEd…

That’s very helpful . Thank you so much Ed.

i just sent that information to the Brian.

He stated his parts manager had been doing just that. I asked if he had any updates, he suggested none as of yesterday.

I’m going to call parts manager myself and introduce myself. Perhaps kind words, grease n lube, a little gratuity goes a long way. Always did always will.

Squeaky wheel gets the oil

Just like you get, right Alice ?

Old 04-10-2024, 03:55 PM
Deer Elk
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 91 Posts

Hopefully the wheels show up soon.

One question though.... Were the wheels that you wanted not a stand alone option? Just wondering since you are going to be selling the wheels that came on the car.
Old 04-10-2024, 04:09 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterB
That’s very helpful . Thank you so much Ed.

i just sent that information to the Brian.

He stated his parts manager had been doing just that. I asked if he had any updates, he suggested none as of yesterday.

I’m going to call parts manager myself and introduce myself. Perhaps kind words, grease n lube, a little gratuity goes a long way. Always did always will.

Squeaky wheel gets the oil

Just like you get, right Alice ?

I run into this all the time with Corvette LPO's. I have three sold Tahoes and one Suburban sitting here waiting for 22' wheels that have not arrived yet?
Old 04-10-2024, 04:16 PM
PeterB
Drifting

Default Deer Elk - Corvette Ed

Elk I’m not sure what you mean by stand alone option? I ordered them through Chevy when my new order for the car was made. I do not believe they’re aftermarket since it’s on the window sticker but honestly I do not know. Corvette Ed probably does? Are they ?

Ed that really odd to me. How long have you been waiting on them?

You’d think Chevy, management, dealerships would stay ontop of things like that so they can deliver the car and make their clients happy, get their money ?

Then again nothing surprises me in the looney tune Gen people out there!
It’s like wtf get your act together people

Old 04-10-2024, 06:36 PM
cecfl
5th Gear

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

I also fell into this predicament when I picked up my 2024 3lt conv. with the $4350 dealer installed wheel option. I asked abouit the original wheels that I felt I had paid for. The sales manager told me that they sent them back to GM to avoid being charged for them. I replied how could you be charged for what I already paid for. I called Chevrolet customer service and explained my problem and was assured I was correct. They contacted the dealership and I picked up my wheels. BTW, Julie from customer service was wonderful to deal with.
Old 04-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Walt White Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,149 Posts

Those wheels are a new design and are a stand alone option for $995.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:08 PM
PeterB
Drifting

Default Thank you Cecfl / Coupe … Corvette Ed

Cecfl that’s nuts. You paid for them. What’s that dealer thinking ? I’m cleared in getting to keep the base existing wheels on car. Concern was how long a wait while she sits parked in corner waiting for me ☠️

Originally Posted by Walt White Coupe
Those wheels are a new design and are a stand alone option for $995.
that I have no knowledge of? Can’t see where Chevy can charge $4350 for a $995 product
Then again nothing surprises me these days.

Ed I used your advise, spoke with the parts manager at dealership. He has been following up daily with warehouse and suggested I call myself as in his opinion it makes a difference.

I contacted Chevy directly at 800-222-1020. Denise was very helpful as with the last 8 digits of VIN as you mentioned she was able to create a case number. She did need my pending parts number which I provided

Dang. It also came to me sideways from dealership. I read them to her and a case number for pending parts was created, she emailed me, gave me her direct number and said she would call me back with more information tomorrow.

Why I was not told to do this last week I asked the GM at dealership who, responded with our parts manager was handling it
Yes I understand, my aunt Suzy has an ingrown toe nail too 🤬

Hopefully I’m on the way to getting my car soon. Special thanks to Corvette Ed and everyone else that took the time to try and help me. Thank you Gentlemen. Good evening.

Get notified of new replies

To Clarification. 2024 wheels ordered - C8 sitting at dealership

Old 04-10-2024, 10:56 PM
Walt White Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,149 Posts

Sorry, I erred. They are part of the "Two Wheel" option. Cost $4350

Old 04-11-2024, 02:52 AM
24RiptideBlue
Pro

Received 534 Likes on 244 Posts

Good luck getting your wheels and your car!!!

My car was one of the first with a “new for 24” wheel option (5 Spoke Split Satin Graphite)…. Apparently wheels can be hard to source, they are all made offshore and only ship by boat…. As anyone who has been involved with Supply Chains that go all the way to Asia…. It takes forever… and if suppliers have production problems you’re screwed…. for me the result was my car was “built” the last week of September…. But did not ship until the Beginning of December and I took deliver December 10….

It sucks waiting for parts…..
Old 04-11-2024, 08:14 AM
PeterB
Drifting

Default Thank you Walt, Riptide…

Errors. Typos are part of life.
As they say, there was only One perfect one and we crucified Him 🙏

Yes, they’re not shy about their pricing are they?
Nice looking and they’ll make car stand out even more than she naturally does yet. Ridiculously expensive!

Well Tide. Congrats on getting yours in and done.
Perfect! Bet they look great on your ride.
Oh man, I just hope that’s not the case, where they’re on some ship in route still.
We’ll see what Denise at Chevy has to say today with her so called case number to a division that strictly works on fulfillment.

Last edited by PeterB; 04-11-2024 at 08:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Clarification. 2024 wheels ordered - C8 sitting at dealership