Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MACMULKIN Or Not????

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 07:31 PM
24RiptideBlue
Pro

Received 531 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by direct007
The safest way to do it is to purchase directly from the dealer and have it shipped directly to your driveway. This way the dealer will know if there any issues before shipping.
When you do a courtesy delivery, the selling dealer's hands are tied if there is an issue and the courtesy delivery dealer needs to deal with it.

My dealer is Ciocca in Atlantic City. When I was ordering my car back in 2021, I was in my sales consultant's office and he was dealing with an issue where a car that a customer ordered (from Las Vegas) arrived with body damage.
They contacted the customer and gave him the choice of having the car repaired or ordering him another in their next allocation and having the 2nd car shipped. The customer chose the replacement car and although disappointed that he had to wait again, he appreciated that Ciocca was upfront about the issue and that they gave him the choice.

Now, if the same exact scenario happed with a courtesy delivery, the courtesy delivery dealer would need to have the body damaged repaired. There would be no returning it to either the selling dealer or the factory.
This is the kind of experience I would hope for but don’t know if other dealers would do the same… the best they any dealer can do is be clear, transparent and honest…. **** happens… as long as they tell you and give the choice of getting another car that’s all they can do (and this would leave them with a damaged car they have to sell after they repair it)

I bought my car from MM and they were fine. Very responsive but some of their practices (gm’s practices that they adhere to) are not my favorite…. Activating Onstar before I saw the car… pestering me to download the gm app even though I declined twice…that’s what gm tells them to do but I have read other dealers may be a bit more sensitive to customer preferences regarding Onstar….
Old 04-19-2024, 10:44 PM
TallGuyCorvette
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mtraylor2001
Well they have 165 Stingrays on the lot when I checked today. There are allot of choices on the ground and it appears they dropped the prices on the cars. Some are up to 10k off.
I would look through the inventory. If there is something that you like. Fly out and inspect yourself. It sounds like you are particular on what you want and how it should be, so I think
its important you see the car and put your hands on it. If you like it. Buy and it and drive it home. Otherwise. It sounds like its best to go local or check maybe dealers within say 100
mile radius. Maybe they have something
Can't wait for those $6k+ discounts to hit orders too. Maybe someday soon
Old 04-20-2024, 01:47 PM
24RiptideBlue
Pro

Received 531 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyCorvette
Can't wait for those $6k+ discounts to hit orders too. Maybe someday soon
You could be in for a long wait…. The financial incentive isn’t there for dealers to offer discounts on orders vs cars sitting on the lot. Cars on the lot cost the dealer money every day they sit. New car orders do not….
Old 04-21-2024, 12:27 PM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Originally Posted by 24RiptideBlue
You could be in for a long wait…. The financial incentive isn’t there for dealers to offer discounts on orders vs cars sitting on the lot. Cars on the lot cost the dealer money every day they sit. New car orders do not….
Your statement is true, however the top volume dealers need to take cars even when the demand is low to keep their allocations. If they get to the point where the cars are stacking up on the lot beyond what they are selling on a regular basis, they will offer substantial discounts on all cars, not just in-stock but special orders as well. Towards the end of the C7 generation, $10k discounts were the norm for a Grand Sport regardless if special ordered or on the lot. There were some even greater discounts for select cars. Selling at a loss for the top dealers at the end of a generation was part of the plan so they could have huge allocations during the beginning of the next generation when MSRP was considered a bargain. I don't think any dealer could foresee the C8 selling at MSRP from 2020 through the first months of 2024. That has to be a record.
The following 2 users liked this post by direct007:
Red rag (04-21-2024), TallGuyCorvette (04-21-2024)
Old 04-22-2024, 09:29 PM
TallGuyCorvette
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by direct007
Your statement is true, however the top volume dealers need to take cars even when the demand is low to keep their allocations. If they get to the point where the cars are stacking up on the lot beyond what they are selling on a regular basis, they will offer substantial discounts on all cars, not just in-stock but special orders as well. Towards the end of the C7 generation, $10k discounts were the norm for a Grand Sport regardless if special ordered or on the lot. There were some even greater discounts for select cars. Selling at a loss for the top dealers at the end of a generation was part of the plan so they could have huge allocations during the beginning of the next generation when MSRP was considered a bargain. I don't think any dealer could foresee the C8 selling at MSRP from 2020 through the first months of 2024. That has to be a record.

There was a recent poster in another thread who mentioned calling MM for an order and they agreed to do $3k off MSRP. No telling if that's true, but it wouldn't be shocking with how many $5k+ discounts they have on the lot. Also see some dealers near me doing $6k off 2LTs. At that point, I'd rather buy a new C8 for $10k more than the same car used...
The following users liked this post:
direct007 (04-22-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 06:26 AM
Corvette03051
Melting Slicks

Received 428 Likes on 227 Posts

Default Mm

Definitely a great dealership I live 3.5 miles from there and would be quite happy to run over and view your car. BTW they have hundreds of stingrays from which to choose. There are 2 warehouses near them where they store and I’ve been told they are full.

Coming off the trailer

They let me known when it was coming

Off the trailer

Off the trailer

Ready for delivery

Ready for delivery

Quick Reply: MACMULKIN Or Not????