Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

360° Video: River Road New Braunfels, TX

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2024, 09:46 AM
OIIIO
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts
Default 360° Video: River Road New Braunfels, TX

Short video using the insta360. Trying my best to get a youtube page going. I hope that someone thats not able to drive a corvette can get an ounce feeling of this experience.

Old 04-06-2024, 11:30 AM
Ron_Attleboro_MA
Burning Brakes

Received 1,156 Likes on 538 Posts

Sorry, but there is nothing in your video to watch, no excitement, poor sound and video.
You need to learn how to edit, narrate, and get a better camera. IMO, I could be wrong.
The following users liked this post:
TNBatmobile (04-07-2024)
Old 04-06-2024, 06:23 PM
Floridasky
Safety Car

Received 620 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

No one was following you.
Old 04-06-2024, 08:49 PM
OIIIO
Advanced

Thanks for the feedback... I am having a problem with the video... looks darker and grainier after posting, cannot import into FCPX as a 360° video... Supposed to be 4K video. I took another video today at an Italian auto meet and will see. if I can brighten it up. I bought a 3-part suction mount kit and it arrived today, and I bought a mic adapter for the camera so we can be mic'd up (Rode mics). Again... I really appreciate the honest feedback. Ill see if I can find a group to ride with for a little better video..
Old 04-06-2024, 09:23 PM
Jbyrd43
Racer

Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

This is a cool idea. Through the YouTube app (mobile) it’s much better then through the forum (also mobile), so if anyone watches do so through the app.
For the first iteration it’s not bad. As you said with the video quality and sound, but you’ll get that ironed out with more reps.
OIIIO (04-07-2024)
Old 04-06-2024, 11:15 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,394 Likes on 14,024 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by Ron_Attleboro_MA
Sorry, but there is nothing in your video to watch, no excitement, poor sound and video.
You need to learn how to edit, narrate, and get a better camera. IMO, I could be wrong.
Sorry to say, but this pretty much nails it. Perhaps take a look at some of the other videos that at constantly being posted to the forum and see how they it.
OIIIO (04-07-2024)
Old 04-07-2024, 09:42 AM
OIIIO
Advanced

All good comments... Thanks. is it boring, yes. My brother said he was bored as well... Would be cool to mic the exhaust and me and the misses.
Was hoping that this could be a way to record a short trip for others that may either be on the fence on purchasing a C8, older folks or handicap folks that cannot drive a C8, or kids that are dreaming of driving one like I used to do.
What gave me the idea of this type of video is that my old Air Force supervisor had a stroke and he is a car enthusiast and enjoyed the video I sent him. He cannot drive any longer so he liked the format.

Working on the next video for my Youtube page, but its all the Italian cars and a few motorcycles so it wont be posted here. I would like to keep it 360° but flat is better for story telling.

MKC8 (04-07-2024)
Old 04-07-2024, 09:50 AM
Korbek
Melting Slicks

Received 2,029 Likes on 835 Posts

The production quality of big automotive youtubers is a VERY high bar to reach. Multiple cams, multiple mics, professional audio mixing even by some of the smaller indie guys. Breaking into that scene is a long road. If you are persistent and do the work your videos WILL get better with time. But if your goal is to earn a living from it expect 10 years minimum to establish a channel and lots of $$ investment, with a return on investment not guaranteed and possibly 15+ years away, if it happens.

Going into content creation with the goal of $$ making, branding, or whatever is usually not the path. It can work, but most successful YTers either stumble into it by accident or just do something they are passionate about and it grows organically. If you are clinical about it, "trying" to get views, the audience can suss it out quickly.
Old 04-07-2024, 10:47 AM
MKC8
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

At least Conti isn't in it.
OIIIO (04-07-2024)
Old 04-07-2024, 11:16 AM
JerryC5
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 79 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Take the video out the front of the car. Nothing is more annoying than looking backwards from a moving vehicle.
Do you want to guess why busses and trains have the passengers facing forward?
Old 04-07-2024, 11:21 AM
C-ATE
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Mike up the engine compartment and break some laws! Let them hear some downshift gurgles and such. IMO. Sounds like a Coupe DeVille in this video. Go TEXANS!
The following 2 users liked this post by C-ATE:
MKC8 (04-07-2024), OIIIO (04-07-2024)
Old 04-07-2024, 11:21 AM
MKC8
Racer

Originally Posted by JerryC5
Take the video out the front of the car. Nothing is more annoying than looking backwards from a moving vehicle.
Did you try the button, top left corner of the vid, to rotate to a front view?
Old 04-07-2024, 11:27 AM
acroy
Le Mans Master

Received 1,431 Likes on 858 Posts

Looks like a great drive. Thanks for sharing. Agree, difficult to compete with professional YouTubers
Old 04-07-2024, 11:34 AM
MKC8
Racer

About 7 years ago, we used Hwy 46 as a bypass to the I-10 rush hour traffic in San Antonio, although not in a Corvette. In a motorhome.
Seguin to New Braunfels to Boerne. It was a nice drive, some ups and downs, curves here and there, and lots of interesting scenery.
Maybe give that a shot, and do some "spirited" driving here and there, to spice it up?
OIIIO (04-07-2024)
Old 04-07-2024, 11:50 AM
OIIIO
Advanced

Originally Posted by JerryC5
You are supposed to move the video around to see the view you want to see... Its not stuck on rear view, its a 360° video... let me know if this helps or not.
MKC8 (04-07-2024)
Old 04-07-2024, 11:52 AM
OIIIO
Advanced

Originally Posted by Korbek
The production quality of big automotive youtubers is a VERY high bar to reach. Multiple cams, multiple mics, professional audio mixing even by some of the smaller indie guys. Breaking into that scene is a long road. If you are persistent and do the work your videos WILL get better with time. But if your goal is to earn a living from it expect 10 years minimum to establish a channel and lots of $$ investment, with a return on investment not guaranteed and possibly 15+ years away, if it happens.

Going into content creation with the goal of $$ making, branding, or whatever is usually not the path. It can work, but most successful YTers either stumble into it by accident or just do something they are passionate about and it grows organically. If you are clinical about it, "trying" to get views, the audience can suss it out quickly.
Thankfully, I don't need youtube $$. Would take it though to fund a Z06 if it ever happened to reach those heights....
Old 04-07-2024, 11:56 AM
OIIIO
Advanced

Originally Posted by MKC8
About 7 years ago, we used Hwy 46 as a bypass to the I-10 rush hour traffic in San Antonio, although not in a Corvette. In a motorhome.
Seguin to New Braunfels to Boerne. It was a nice drive, some ups and downs, curves here and there, and lots of interesting scenery.
Maybe give that a shot, and do some "spirited" driving here and there, to spice it up?
We took that route yesterday from Garden Ridge, 3009... Its a good drive. There are a few roads near Kerrville that Im going to try out. Called the Twisted Sisters.... doesn't compare to the Tail of the Dragon, but for around San Antonio its the best we have. Maybe I can talk the misses into a Sunday drive and mic the exhaust... or video the yard work that needs to be done...
MKC8 (04-07-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To 360° Video: River Road New Braunfels, TX

Old 04-07-2024, 12:42 PM
MKC8
Racer

Originally Posted by OIIIO
We took that route yesterday from Garden Ridge, 3009... Its a good drive. There are a few roads near Kerrville that Im going to try out. Called the Twisted Sisters.... doesn't compare to the Tail of the Dragon, but for around San Antonio its the best we have. Maybe I can talk the misses into a Sunday drive and mic the exhaust... or video the yard work that needs to be done...
It's just a matter of time, experience, and a tweak here and there.
Hang in there, and they will get better as you get more comfortable with the hardware/software/firmware and different routes.
The C8 is a fabulous platform for this kind of thing, because it does spirited driving well, and safely.
Good that the PDR and dash views aren't in the field of view, too.
If you're retired, like me, what else have you got to do?
Old 04-07-2024, 12:58 PM
OIIIO
Advanced

It's just a matter of time, experience, and a tweak here and there.
Hang in there, and they will get better as you get more comfortable with the hardware/software/firmware and different routes.
The C8 is a fabulous platform for this kind of thing, because it does spirited driving well, and safely.
Good that the PDR and dash views aren't in the field of view, too.
If you're retired, like me, what else have you got to do?

Thanks... Retired Military... still working though with a ton of travel around CONUS.
Old 04-07-2024, 02:03 PM
JerryC5
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 79 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Did you try the button, top left corner of the vid, to rotate to a front view?
No I didn't, thanks for the heads up. It is much better looking out the front.

Quick Reply: 360° Video: River Road New Braunfels, TX