Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SMURFKILLER is back!!! Almost

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 04:38 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default SMURFKILLER is back!!! Almost

So about 10 yrs ago I sold my C6. Now my kid is a lil bigger I no longer have to have a back seat, plus GFs car has kid room. I have missed a true sports car. I had a caddy ATS turbo , Ram R/T , camaro SS, ATS-V , and now a BMW M4 but none have that true sports car almost super car look and feel. I want to buy or order a C8z. But as I stopped doing the modern car high performance stuff for work and last 7 yrs have been building high end custom muscle cars and show cars. I haven’t been around all the newest stuff any longer. So I have a few questions and concerns about the new Z. Mainly I broke my spine about 1.5yrs ago in a car crash, so seat comfort and ride quality are key now hence why I got the M4.

Comp seats? As bad as the caddy V recaros? Look kick *** not great after 30 mins?
how much does the front end lift raise?
diff between the gt1 and Gt2 seats?
what all does the 3Lz actually add? Used the compare thing on the builder but to me i don’t see much difference
register car in Montana for 0% sales tax instead of Texas 8.75%?
Can I get red stitching in 2lz without red seats?
The following users liked this post:
Ron_Attleboro_MA (03-30-2024)
Old 03-30-2024, 04:43 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Also it says top speed is 195 Is it limited? I did 187mph in my c6.What do these run in a standing mile event like Tx mile? I really want that 200mph club in my own car, not customers, friends, or shop car
Old 03-31-2024, 05:56 PM
Korbek
Melting Slicks

Received 2,029 Likes on 835 Posts

Texas shouldnt be 8.75. I think its 6.25 or 6.5. Montana registration is a bad idea its been really cracked down on unless you have an ACTUAL 2nd home there.
Old 03-31-2024, 06:33 PM
mbando19835
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

The way to get away (not a CPA) is to have an LLC started and use a Registered Agent with a virtual office space where physical mail can go but remember the car is now owned by a business which means you need a different type of insurance for it.

edit: I went with the 3LT and the GT2 carbon fiber seats because I just wanted the best trim level and not have to add minor items here and there. The price really isn't that much different. I went with every single package and option except stripes and carbon fiber accents (like carbon flash more) and mine came out too $100,760.

The GT2 seats are comfy for me. I just drove 6 hours yesterday in the car through the mountains and no problems.
Old 03-31-2024, 06:34 PM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

Welcome back.

The stock C8z has a top speed of 195 mph according to several sources such as:

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/09...-corvette-z06/

A few others have tested it to 189 mph but it seem the 200 is a wee bit out of reach for the stocker. Presumably, there is some aftermarket aero that will get you there.

The issue I wonder about is your back. I've broken mine twice and once ripped the supporting hardware out.

Me today

While seats can be worked to be custom fitted to your needs if the stockers don't work for you, this is still a very low to the ground vehicle with all that attends. Are you comfortable with getting out of such a car in difficult places such as when you can't fully open the driver's door? That would entail you twisting your spine in all likelihood.

If you go C8, I wish you all the driving enjoyment in the world. Heck, I wish that on you even if you don't.
Old 04-01-2024, 02:16 AM
C5racecar
Drifting

Received 980 Likes on 473 Posts

Man that is some serious hardware in the back. Hope those bolts are Grade 8.

Comp (GT3) seats are best for the track, I have read are not that comfortable.
Front lift 1.5"
GT 2 seats have a different headrest, and carbon trim. Worth the 2K pricetag, just for the looks.
3LT is suede dash and headliner. Very expensive. There have been problems with delamination on the dash.

Old 04-01-2024, 06:54 AM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

Lag screws, called 'pedicle screws' aren't the issue - the bone is. I pulled several of those pedicle screws out of their holes resulting in a disaster. I posted that image and my tale because IMO, it's vital anyone with serious back issues evaluate entering and existing any low to the ground vehicle *carefully* before buying.

Get notified of new replies

To SMURFKILLER is back!!! Almost

Quick Reply: SMURFKILLER is back!!! Almost