Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ron Fellows level 2?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 07:08 AM
Mrchen
Racer

Received 378 Likes on 182 Posts
Default Ron Fellows level 2?

has anyone been to level 2 lately, my main instructor encouraged me to return and skip level 1 and do level 2 but I am not sure what I would be in for? can you tell me how it went, what I would be doing different from corvette owners class?
Old 03-21-2024, 07:27 AM
Mark9
Pro

Received 642 Likes on 286 Posts

I'm skipping level 1 and going to level 2 in June. Can report back then. If you youtube ron fellows level 2 you'll find some videos on what to expect.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:25 AM
proeagles
Melting Slicks

Received 2,163 Likes on 899 Posts

Way more track time. Worth it IMO.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:37 AM
Al Engel
Pro

Received 256 Likes on 95 Posts

Much more track time. More intense. For me, I need Owners School or Level 1. I don't do track days, so Spring Mountain is my once a year (or every other year) on track opportunity. I NEED the slower progression to "track speed". Jumping g right into track speed after a year of no track time is just too much of a leap for me. I'm usually the fastest driver at Owners School or Level One.... but jumping into Level two was too much too soon for me.... I have done 8 Spring Mountain sessions.... going again next year!
The following users liked this post:
SpectreOne (03-21-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 09:53 AM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,513 Likes on 783 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Here is the problem I ran into in 2023. Because I took the entry level class within 4 years, I was offered Level 2 with my C8 purchase. The problem was there were only (4) Level 2 classes being offered in 2023 and all were full. Only if a cancelation could I get in. Even Level 1 had limited openings which I grabbed one. Your GM discount is only good for 1 year, with no exceptions. I actually booked my class as soon as I had a build date, and back filled the serial number to Spring Mountain, as they were happy to do, as long as I had it prior to class. They must confirm this with Chevy. The C8 is a very different feeling beast, so taking it again was still very good. You still get a day and a half of track time.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:08 AM
dohabandit
Melting Slicks

Received 1,442 Likes on 803 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrchen
has anyone been to level 2 lately, my main instructor encouraged me to return and skip level 1 and do level 2 but I am not sure what I would be in for? can you tell me how it went, what I would be doing different from corvette owners class?
I was also advised to sign up for level 2 and skip level 1.
From what videos I have seen posted from a couple members on CF here, in level 2 you go out on the track without a driver/instructor in front of you often or they have instructor in the right seat and they put you on the track with some longer straightaways so your speeds will be higher.
Old 03-22-2024, 05:12 AM
Mrchen
Racer

Received 378 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by dohabandit
I was also advised to sign up for level 2 and skip level 1.
From what videos I have seen posted from a couple members on CF here, in level 2 you go out on the track without a driver/instructor in front of you often or they have instructor in the right seat and they put you on the track with some longer straightaways so your speeds will be higher.
I felt like thats what I needed to truly master the track we were using, get an instructor in my right seat and he can let me know where I can save a few more hundreths, very cool, Im going to sign up

Get notified of new replies

To Ron Fellows level 2?

Quick Reply: Ron Fellows level 2?