Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Splitter and side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2024, 02:50 PM
Corvette Mo
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Carbon Fiber Splitter and side skirts

I just received my 2024 ZO6 and I am thinking about upgrading my painted front splitter and standard side skirts to exposed carbon fiber ZO7 style.Has anyone done this yet and if so where did you get them from.
i have seen F7 and Apsis have them but I don’t know the quality. Can you let me know where you got hem from and how happy you are with the quality and fit.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2024, 03:45 PM
dboddy
Heel & Toe

Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got my 2024 zo6. When I ordered most of the carbon fiber parts were on constraints. I ended up using feral-industries. I got the front splitter, carbon fiber grill inserts, and the side skirts from them. High quality products and my GM Dealership installed them for me. The dealership said they were easy to install and it was all based off of OEM to install them. Hope this helps you
Old 03-18-2024, 05:33 PM
Steve n b
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette Mo
I just received my 2024 ZO6 and I am thinking about upgrading my painted front splitter and standard side skirts to exposed carbon fiber ZO7 style.Has anyone done this yet and if so where did you get them from.
i have seen F7 and Apsis have them but I don’t know the quality. Can you let me know where you got hem from and how happy you are with the quality and fit.

Thanks
Last August while I was attending Corvettes at Carlisle, I was looking for the front spitter, side skirts and mirror covers in carbon fiber for my ZO 6. ( I wanted to order them from GM at the time of my order but these items were on constraint. )
I found two companies that offered them.

The first one the front splitter the carbon fiber pattern did not match up in the middle where the two halfs meet. That left them out.
Next I stopped at Jersey’s booth and his looked great! Purchased the front splitter , side skirts and mirror covers from him. The fit perfect except the front spitter. There were cutouts for the side winglets. Called Jersey and sent him photos . At the time he didn’t have the one without the winglets and I had to wait about 3 weeks for them to manufacture the ones I wanted. Three weeks later I received the new one and shipped back the others with no problems.
All the carbon fiber pieces look great , fit perfect and can not tell the difference from the factory ones
I highly recommend Apsis, Jersey !!
Old 03-18-2024, 06:26 PM
MVPJEFF106
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

I recently took delivery of my 2024 z06 as well. I purchased the Apsis exposed Carbon Fiber front splitter and side skirts. They both fit as they should. Very happy with the quality as well as the responsiveness of the owner. I also ordered the carbon fiber mirror replacements (not the stick on ones) from Racing Sport Concepts and they were top notch.

Old 03-18-2024, 08:01 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

I have purchased several of the carbon pieces for the front end of my C8 Z06, as well as the side skirts from Apsis. The fit and quality of the finish are excellent.

In addition, I have purchased several parts from Apsis, in the past, for my C6 and C7 Z06, with very good, quality, results. Additionally, the parts held up very well over time.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:28 PM
superramvette2
Pro

Received 140 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette Mo

Thanks
I ordered carbon flash splitter and dive planes from apsis. My experience wasn’t great. Bolts included were not long enough so I had to source those. Dive planes didn’t include mounting tabs or templates. Templates were pieces of envelope to just “wing it” . Middle piece said “replace” was supposedly from a warrantied replacement. Overcharged 1.5 percent sales tax. Packaging wasn’t great. I have photos and video of it all. I personally expect more for 2K dollars. Pieces did mostly fit aside from some tabs.

Maybe I’m just picky and expect more for 2K

Charged NY sales tax and I live in georgia

Bolts too short

These are the templates and instructions. Envelope cut up is literally the template.

Get notified of new replies

To Carbon Fiber Splitter and side skirts

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Splitter and side skirts