Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IOS people

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 03:45 PM
JRYELLOWCORVETTE
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

Default IOS people

I tried to load my SD card from the Corvette with the files on it to transfer to my MacBook however it would not read the SD card.
Can anyone advise or help me out. I do not own a Windows computer. Just got back from Daytona Speedway doing some laps and don’t
want to loose the video files.

Thanks
Old 03-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Jstockton
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts
FedEx Bowl 4 St. Jude '09
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Here is an old thread about using a Mac and PDR
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...x-for-mac.html

The following users liked this post:
JRYELLOWCORVETTE (03-13-2024)
Old 03-13-2024, 09:48 PM
ratman6161
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by JRYELLOWCORVETTE
I tried to load my SD card from the Corvette with the files on it to transfer to my MacBook however it would not read the SD card.
Can anyone advise or help me out. I do not own a Windows computer. Just got back from Daytona Speedway doing some laps and don’t
want to loose the video files.

Thanks
You should not need any special software. I dontnha e a Mac but the couple of times ive experimented with the PDR, the SD card just contains standard video files. If your Mac wont read the SD card, you may have something else going on. How was the card formatted? According to the owners manual, it has to be formatted exFAT and at least 16 GB, but your mac should be able to read that. Try a different card or try reformatting the card. If you don't know how ro format it as exFAT, an easy way is to put it in a digital camera and use the camera's format function as cameras typically use this format as well. Yo will lose anything on the card in the reformat though.

For windows users, windows doesn't like to do exFAT on cards larger than 32 GB. There are ways, but I won't get that geeky here. The digital camera format trick will work for you too.
Old 03-14-2024, 11:07 AM
JRYELLOWCORVETTE
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman6161
You should not need any special software. I dontnha e a Mac but the couple of times ive experimented with the PDR, the SD card just contains standard video files. If your Mac wont read the SD card, you may have something else going on. How was the card formatted? According to the owners manual, it has to be formatted exFAT and at least 16 GB, but your mac should be able to read that. Try a different card or try reformatting the card. If you don't know how ro format it as exFAT, an easy way is to put it in a digital camera and use the camera's format function as cameras typically use this format as well. Yo will lose anything on the card in the reformat though.

For windows users, windows doesn't like to do exFAT on cards larger than 32 GB. There are ways, but I won't get that geeky here. The digital camera format trick will work for you too.
Thanks I will try that. I ordered a new SD card. I was able to view the file on an old android tablet but couldn’t transfer or save it for some reason.

Get notified of new replies

To IOS people

Quick Reply: IOS people