Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New TRAXXAS Remote Control C8 -20” Long- 30 MPH - Now Discontinued!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2024, 08:05 PM
Cherrie24
Cruising

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BandDirector
Yes! Paint on the inside. Guarantees a beautiful finish through the clear lexan. There’s also a protective film on the outside so you don’t have to worry about overspray. Paint the inside, Peel off protective film on outside, and finish assembling the body. It’ll be beautiful!
what would be a good match for torch red? Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 03-09-2024, 08:11 PM
BandDirector
Drifting

Received 796 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherrie24
what would be a good match for torch red? Any ideas? Thanks!
…I would think any local hobby store would have a selection of paints that you would be able to come pretty close…

…if you want to get EXACT paint code match, check your local auto part stores, or even a paint & body shop that might be able to mix you up a small batch…
The following users liked this post:
Cherrie24 (03-09-2024)
Old 03-09-2024, 10:29 PM
Frank4202
Melting Slicks

Received 402 Likes on 225 Posts

Guessing these got discontinued because GM ran out of transmissions.
Old 03-09-2024, 10:54 PM
Mvfvette1
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 51 Posts

…I would think any local hobby store would have a selection of paints that you would be able to come pretty close…

…if you want to get EXACT paint code match, check your local auto part stores, or even a paint & body shop that might be able to mix you up a small batch…
I've always used the Tamiya ps paints for the rc bodies. They are designed for this application and will allow for some flexing of the plastic without chipping away.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/blog/ps-pa...polycarbonate/
Old 03-10-2024, 11:25 AM
darylincda
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Band Director. How about posting the location of these available models. thanks
Old 03-10-2024, 12:26 PM
BandDirector
Drifting

Originally Posted by darylincda
Band Director. How about posting the location of these available models. thanks
…I didn’t want them to get bombarded with phone calls if they sell out…shoot me a pm and I’ll happily reply where I found them. I got a pm yesterday and I do know that one of the $250 red ones is spoken for now, and another pm was interested in the one blue one I found…
Old 03-17-2024, 12:28 PM
kellyreno
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

It's all here. The blue one I will hop up to 3 cells and run. The clear body kit to assemble and paint. Any tips on this clear body project??

mefly2 (03-19-2024)
Old 03-17-2024, 03:49 PM
BandDirector
Drifting

Originally Posted by kellyreno
It's all here. The blue one I will hop up to 3 cells and run. The clear body kit to assemble and paint. Any tips on this clear body project??

Awesome! I think the clear body will be EASY to paint! Window stickers apply on the outside, so just shoot the whole inside of the clear body your choice of color without any masking. I’ve heard the stripes can be a bit of a pain to install, but I don’t have them on my real one and don’t plan to install them anyway…

…one word of caution…be careful driving them straight towards yourself while wearing flip flops! 😳 I didn’t get mine stopped in time, the splitter hit me right under one of my toe nails and I made a bloody mess yesterday… 🤦‍♂️😲
mefly2 (03-19-2024)
Old 03-17-2024, 10:11 PM
Jettcity1
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 129 Posts

The paint is the easy part, it is the tiny screws in the tiny parts that is extremely difficult without the tiny little set of hex drivers.
The instructions are very basic, no specific instructions just a few pictures to look at.
Your local hobby shop is a good stop to get the hex drivers and tips and maybe a couple extra screws if you drop one.
The rear clip is held on with adhesive tape and two fasteners, I recommend to use additional tape and adhesive to bond the rear section on very secure as moisture and dirt will quickly accumulate in the inner seams while you are running it on the streets and parking lots. After assembly I added an additional layer of wide clear tape on the inner seam to ensure a tight weatherproof bond.
Stripe alignment is tough, I got pretty close on Mine.
The rear lower deck/diffuser area I hand painted gloss black and it turned out ok.
Use the soap water in the window decals to eliminate air bubbles, it really sticks good once it is down.
Good luck and have fun a small headlamp with an LED will help when you are putting the screws in.
mefly2 (03-19-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 11:26 AM
Cherrie24
Cruising

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

Which red matches torch red best?

Old 03-18-2024, 04:04 PM
bthibodeaux
Burning Brakes

Received 715 Likes on 415 Posts

PM sent.
Old 03-18-2024, 04:28 PM
BandDirector
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cherrie24
Which red matches torch red best?
That’s gonna be a “take the car up to the hobby store to match” kind of thing I think…
Old 03-18-2024, 09:35 PM
kellyreno
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jettcity1
The paint is the easy part, it is the tiny screws in the tiny parts that is extremely difficult without the tiny little set of hex drivers.
The instructions are very basic, no specific instructions just a few pictures to look at.
Your local hobby shop is a good stop to get the hex drivers and tips and maybe a couple extra screws if you drop one.
The rear clip is held on with adhesive tape and two fasteners, I recommend to use additional tape and adhesive to bond the rear section on very secure as moisture and dirt will quickly accumulate in the inner seams while you are running it on the streets and parking lots. After assembly I added an additional layer of wide clear tape on the inner seam to ensure a tight weatherproof bond.
Stripe alignment is tough, I got pretty close on Mine.
The rear lower deck/diffuser area I hand painted gloss black and it turned out ok.
Use the soap water in the window decals to eliminate air bubbles, it really sticks good once it is down.
Good luck and have fun a small headlamp with an LED will help when you are putting the screws in.
Thanks, that's very helpful as I looked at all the small parts as a challenge, eyes are fading too. Will break out the soldering stand with the magnifying glass along with the led light.I thought I would install the rear clip then paint. Perhaps I should paint them separately? Then assemble all the other big and little pieces. My car has body color accents so I will try to paint the door vent trims and the two little vents on the rear. Right now I am tied into this project.

Old 03-18-2024, 09:50 PM
kellyreno
Advanced

That’s gonna be a “take the car up to the hobby store to match” kind of thing I think…
I got the spray paint from the Touch up paint Factory. OEM match Accelerate yellow. Picked up a touch up pen too. https://touchuppaintfactory.com/

Old 03-19-2024, 09:06 AM
Jettcity1
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 129 Posts

Old 03-19-2024, 10:17 AM
kellyreno
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jettcity1
Very nice! Did you paint the rear section and body separately then install the body parts? Great detail on the spoiler!
Old 03-19-2024, 04:16 PM
mefly2
Drifting

Received 342 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by kellyreno
Very nice! Did you paint the rear section and body separately then install the body parts? Great detail on the spoiler!

... except factory stripe goes OVER the rear spoiler ...

Get notified of new replies

To New TRAXXAS Remote Control C8 -20” Long- 30 MPH - Now Discontinued!

Old 03-19-2024, 04:19 PM
mefly2
Drifting

Received 342 Likes on 203 Posts

…I didn’t want them to get bombarded with phone calls if they sell out…shoot me a pm and I’ll happily reply where I found them. I got a pm yesterday and I do know that one of the $250 red ones is spoken for now, and another pm was interested in the one blue one I found…
Still looking for a silver - body only ...
Old 03-19-2024, 06:30 PM
galaxy_jason
Racer

Received 353 Likes on 150 Posts

I used Rustoleum Cherry Red on my 3D printed C8 and it was a perfect match. Better than Duplicolor torch red.

Old 03-19-2024, 06:34 PM
kellyreno
Advanced

outside paint. looks great!

Quick Reply: New TRAXXAS Remote Control C8 -20” Long- 30 MPH - Now Discontinued!