Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dipped Interiors

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2024, 08:36 PM
VegasDan
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Dipped Interiors

Am I only one that would like to see a greater variety of dipped interior colors?
Red, Natural or Black (and I know black is not a "dipped" color); but if you dont want multi toned interior, these are your only choices.

Seems that other solid colors would make for a nice option.

Last edited by VegasDan; 01-25-2024 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-25-2024, 08:45 PM
NAVY_LDO
Drifting

Received 884 Likes on 462 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I love my red dipped but I would like a dark blue dipped.
The following users liked this post:
smoove7410 (01-29-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 08:45 PM
Cork76063
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Dipped

Don't forget the new for '24 color..Artemis which is also a dipped interior.
Acpantera (01-27-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 09:03 PM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Received 886 Likes on 583 Posts

100% want a SCG MF dipped interior, so I agree with your premise. I can put black floor mats down and do 2-tone seats; that would make dipped SCG look fantastic, imho.

Barring that, I'd settle for other accent colors on thread. Purple belts and thread would be **** as an option.
Old 01-26-2024, 03:33 AM
VegasDan
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cork76063
Don't forget the new for '24 color..Artemis which is also a dipped interior.
Somebody should have warned me before I looked at that.

So - No dipped Sky Cool Grey?
No dipped dark red to match Red tint coat?
No dipped blue for either blue shade?
But Cacti - which will have about the same take rate as Caffeine gets a specifically tailored dipped interior color?

Edit: Has anyone seen Artemis in person?
First pictures I saw were GREEN - then I saw more and it appeared to be a grey color (actual grey - since sky cool is not really grey, but nearly white).

So... It may not be as awful as my first opinion.

Last edited by VegasDan; 01-26-2024 at 03:44 AM.
Old 01-26-2024, 03:47 AM
J-Fly
Pro

Received 304 Likes on 173 Posts

I honestly thought Artemis was a dark gray.
Old 01-26-2024, 04:36 AM
winders
Burning Brakes

Received 1,197 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by VegasDan
Somebody should have warned me before I looked at that.

So - No dipped Sky Cool Grey?
No dipped dark red to match Red tint coat?
No dipped blue for either blue shade?
But Cacti - which will have about the same take rate as Caffeine gets a specifically tailored dipped interior color?

Edit: Has anyone seen Artemis in person?
First pictures I saw were GREEN - then I saw more and it appeared to be a grey color (actual grey - since sky cool is not really grey, but nearly white).

So... It may not be as awful as my first opinion.
So far, 3.3% of the Stingrays and 2.2% of Z06s built are Cacti Green. That is well above the 1.5% or less run rate for Caffeine. Of those Cacti Green C8s, 50 Stingrays and 16 Z06s have Artemis interiors.
Old 01-26-2024, 07:51 AM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Artemis is best on a grey/silver exterior...as that tends to mute the greenish hue.

And yes, I would have liked some other colors. Like a dark red and dark green...something along the lines of old, tacked leather furniture in a den or parlor. And a pure white along the lines of a Tesla. When I see options for custom colors on leather furniture...it makes me wish GM would offer at least SOME of the same...

Old 01-26-2024, 01:57 PM
Cork76063
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 55 Posts

I contemplated Artemis before I ordered my Carbon Flash '24, but having not seen one in person, I stuck with the natural dipped like I had in my '23 Red Mist. Get a ton of compliments on the color combo.
Old 01-26-2024, 02:07 PM
mnm4ever
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 379 Posts

I have always thought the interior/exterior color combinations for the C8 seem to be designed by committee rather than stylists. There are a LOT of choices, but really only a few that actually match well. The exterior colors seem to be chosen to go with one or at most two "special" interiors, and all of the others seem like a compromise. Adrenaline Red is a good example, everyone loves red interiors or red seats, but the red doesn't really match well with many exterior choices outside of white/black/silver and of course torch red. Compared to BMW or Porsche, where the red seat options match a significant number of exteriors. Partly that is due to the German manufacturers offering 16 different shades of grey/silver, but its also because the German red is more toned down that AR. And that's where my point comes in - It's like some committee said "we need to offer red interiors" but that committee didn't talk to the committee choosing the exterior colors. Sky Cool Grey is a nice option that ties in with a lot of colors, but it's really hard to choose "almost white" seats on a sports car. The Natural is sort of the same, it's not a bad choice for those who like tan interiors, but it isn't exactly on the cutting edge of style. I guess since the majority of Corvette buyers get Torch Red, White, or Black, they have the most choices for interior colors that coordinate well. Everything else is a mixed bag. I chose Rapid Blue, with the matching Tension/Twilight interior. I love the interior, but admittedly its not for everyone. Definitely a bold choice. But it goes so well with Rapid! It doesn't really work with any other exterior. Maybe white, maybe black, but it was clearly designed to work with Rapid and nothing else. I also love love love the red dipped interior, if I did not get Rapid/Tension I would have got another color that matched the red. Someone posted pics of their Sea Wolf Grey Z06 with red dipped interior, it looks spectacular. If Sea Wolf had been offered in 2023 I would have a really hard time choosing it and Rapid.

But to your point, I also think they should offer more dipped interiors. Even if its just the existing colors... dipped Sky Cool Grey would look great, so would dipped Twilight. Dipped Tension Blue might be a bit too much for most people, but it would be a really bold attention grabber with black or white or sea wolf.
Old 01-26-2024, 02:34 PM
BADBIRDCAGE
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,978 Likes on 1,059 Posts

GM deleted Morello Red as an interior color choice. That deep blue/red shade compliments several exterior colors very well.
Cork76063 (01-26-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 02:45 PM
winders
Burning Brakes

Received 1,197 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by mnm4ever
I have always thought the interior/exterior color combinations for the C8 seem to be designed by committee rather than stylists. There are a LOT of choices, but really only a few that actually match well. The exterior colors seem to be chosen to go with one or at most two "special" interiors, and all of the others seem like a compromise. Adrenaline Red is a good example, everyone loves red interiors or red seats, but the red doesn't really match well with many exterior choices outside of white/black/silver and of course torch red. Compared to BMW or Porsche, where the red seat options match a significant number of exteriors. Partly that is due to the German manufacturers offering 16 different shades of grey/silver, but its also because the German red is more toned down that AR. And that's where my point comes in - It's like some committee said "we need to offer red interiors" but that committee didn't talk to the committee choosing the exterior colors. Sky Cool Grey is a nice option that ties in with a lot of colors, but it's really hard to choose "almost white" seats on a sports car. The Natural is sort of the same, it's not a bad choice for those who like tan interiors, but it isn't exactly on the cutting edge of style. I guess since the majority of Corvette buyers get Torch Red, White, or Black, they have the most choices for interior colors that coordinate well. Everything else is a mixed bag. I chose Rapid Blue, with the matching Tension/Twilight interior. I love the interior, but admittedly its not for everyone. Definitely a bold choice. But it goes so well with Rapid! It doesn't really work with any other exterior. Maybe white, maybe black, but it was clearly designed to work with Rapid and nothing else. I also love love love the red dipped interior, if I did not get Rapid/Tension I would have got another color that matched the red. Someone posted pics of their Sea Wolf Grey Z06 with red dipped interior, it looks spectacular. If Sea Wolf had been offered in 2023 I would have a really hard time choosing it and Rapid.

But to your point, I also think they should offer more dipped interiors. Even if its just the existing colors... dipped Sky Cool Grey would look great, so would dipped Twilight. Dipped Tension Blue might be a bit too much for most people, but it would be a really bold attention grabber with black or white or sea wolf.
Agreed.

When I looked at the interior color options for Accelerate Yellow Metallic, there was only one choice...and that is all black. Yeah, you can get yellow stitching, which I did, but any other option looks like a clown car. Even that Sky Cool Gray/ Strike Yellow combo was bad. The good news is that I actually prefer a black interior so it worked out okay for me. But, people with different interior color preferences are not so lucky.
Old 01-26-2024, 05:02 PM
Slare
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts

My two favorite colors from GM are a dark Lemans style blue for paint and a reddish brown/brick color sort of in the range of the Kalahari they had in the C7, but more like the brick used in the Malibu for a time. I would have given my left one for my 2024 to be color combo'd like that.

I think the only reason the natural we have is so light is because of how common it is in the Italian stuff. Which I get, but a darker brown looks so much classier to me.

Now that I've bought, it will become an option whenever the refresh enters the chat.
Old 01-26-2024, 08:23 PM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Yes, dark brown would be a very classy addition.

p.s.
I don't get the SCG/AYM hate. Not the strike yellow interior. ZERO yellow interior. Just SCG 2-tone and Stealth trim. Looks perfectly fine with AYM and damn near any other color.
Old 01-26-2024, 09:32 PM
Jwalker3rd
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 213 Likes on 126 Posts

I hate all red dipped and all natural interiors. Those Colors need to be broken up some in my opinion. My Z06 is all black, no fancy stitching or colors, keeping it simple and classy. Plus i can wrap my Z06 in any color i want. Black goes with everything.
winders (01-26-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 11:40 PM
VegasDan
Advanced

[QUOTE=Jwalker3rd;1607467117]My Z06 is all black, no fancy stitching or colors, keeping it simple and BORING.[/QUOTE]

There - fixed it for you.
The following 2 users liked this post by VegasDan:
tadda (01-26-2024), unframed (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 12:39 AM
Garret
Race Director

Received 988 Likes on 464 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by NAVY_LDO
I love my red dipped but I would like a dark blue dipped.
Personally I would like to see this...but rapid blue

Get notified of new replies

To Dipped Interiors

Old 01-27-2024, 05:48 AM
Ih2lose
Melting Slicks

Received 331 Likes on 197 Posts

Why do they call them Dipped?
Old 01-27-2024, 10:40 AM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Ih2lose
Why do they call them Dipped?
Because it covers the entire interior. Including carpets.

The issue is...it's overdone. Compare the red-dipped on a C8 to the red interior on something like a 1g Dodge Stealth--and the Stealth's looks very well done by comparison. The C8's makes your eyes bleed.
Old 01-27-2024, 11:40 AM
unframed
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 31 Posts

I like that the C8 has some fairly outrageous interior color options instead of the usual boring black or gray.

Quick Reply: Dipped Interiors