Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership games

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2024, 01:18 PM
1 STING
Drifting

Received 888 Likes on 500 Posts

The poster does not mention 'buyers'. The reference is about 'sellers', as in dealers, which many have worn the indicated badge of honor label openly and proudly during the last four years.
Old 01-13-2024, 02:17 PM
khearon23
Racer

Received 271 Likes on 144 Posts

🤢🤢. I didn't think one could make Red Mist look bad.

Too many cars for sale to deal with this madness.
Old 01-13-2024, 02:26 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,220 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by bthibodeaux
Wheels and calipers are definitely repainted. The logo on the caliper is not even close to the factory logo.

Rotor looks to have a crack in it too....

Old 01-13-2024, 03:29 PM
barrynk
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

No crack on the rotor. It's a mark from the pad, after sitting in the dealer lot for a while. The car has accumulated about 50 miles in the 7 weeks it's been at the dealer; About 1/3 of that mileage is from my 2 test drives.

I cannot believe - for the life of me - that bronze wheels and black calipers (with incorrect decals) - would EVER increase interest whatsoever.

Dealership games, bah.
Old 01-13-2024, 10:57 PM
MVRider
Racer

Received 304 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by barrynk
No crack on the rotor. It's a mark from the pad, after sitting in the dealer lot for a while. The car has accumulated about 50 miles in the 7 weeks it's been at the dealer; About 1/3 of that mileage is from my 2 test drives.

I cannot believe - for the life of me - that bronze wheels and black calipers (with incorrect decals) - would EVER increase interest whatsoever.

Dealership games, bah.
So, which one of Raleigh's great dealers has this piece of art? Have lived in Raleigh almost 34 years and we have some real game players for sure.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:59 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,150 Posts

You know in the parts for sale section...... folks are almost and sometimes giving away stock wheels.........
Old 01-15-2024, 10:02 AM
jipper
Burning Brakes

Received 482 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by z06inVB
Sounds like something a Hendrick dealer would do. They are always pulling stock wheels and adding crap stuff and jacking prices. Their dealer in Norfolk even has one with what looks like a turquoise wrap.
Hendrick dealers are garbage and the absolute worst - in charlotte they are ridiculously overpriced and they think they are giving the customer a privilege letting them shop there
Old 01-15-2024, 11:48 AM
JALLEN4
Melting Slicks

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by jipper
Hendrick dealers are garbage and the absolute worst - in charlotte they are ridiculously overpriced and they think they are giving the customer a privilege letting them shop there
And yet they are in the top 10 dealership groups nationwide. City Chevrolet in Charlotte is most decorated Chevy dealership there is. If garbage…best garbage going!
Old 01-18-2024, 10:33 AM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Received 893 Likes on 588 Posts

I would be livid if I was not getting the options listed on the sticker. And sorry, but as mis-matched as yellow calipers may be on RMMT paint, the bronze isn't great either.

Run.

This is even giving me pause about wanting to work with Hendrick elsewhere.
Old 01-29-2024, 11:17 AM
barrynk
Racer

Conclusion : I made an offer 1/15/24 of $73K, commenting on the cost of replacing/repainting the wheels. Listing price was $75.7K. Offer was rejected. Salesman concluded our text conversion with this :
"With all do respect. When the wheels and calipers were the original color you didn't take advantage of the deal we had on it then.. You had the opportunity to purchase this vehicle numerous times and never did so. If you decide that your ready to buy and the car is still available then we'd be happy to sell you the car at the available listed price. If the price drops I'll reach out."

I forwarded the above comment to the dealership, and was told "The salesman has been removed from my account".

Dealership was Sir Walter Raleigh Chevrolet, Raleigh NC. The car sold a few days ago, I assume for $75.7K.

Old 01-29-2024, 12:14 PM
Jwalker3rd
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 213 Likes on 126 Posts

Conclusion : I made an offer 1/15/24 of $73K, commenting on the cost of replacing/repainting the wheels. Listing price was $75.7K. Offer was rejected. Salesman concluded our text conversion with this :
"With all do respect. When the wheels and calipers were the original color you didn't take advantage of the deal we had on it then.. You had the opportunity to purchase this vehicle numerous times and never did so. If you decide that your ready to buy and the car is still available then we'd be happy to sell you the car at the available listed price. If the price drops I'll reach out."

I forwarded the above comment to the dealership, and was told "The salesman has been removed from my account".

Dealership was Sir Walter Raleigh Chevrolet, Raleigh NC. The car sold a few days ago, I assume for $75.7K.
So if you were watching the car for 7 weeks and watching the price go up and down, why not make an offer than?
Old 01-29-2024, 02:54 PM
barrynk
Racer

Originally Posted by Jwalker3rd
So if you were watching the car for 7 weeks and watching the price go up and down, why not make an offer than?
I did make an offer, on Jan 15th, when I was ready. Prior to that, I was still shopping around.
Old 01-29-2024, 03:34 PM
24RiptideBlue
Pro

Received 531 Likes on 242 Posts

I've been shopping for a 2021-2022 C8 convertible Z51, 2LT. Found one at a local dealership. Been watching the price bounce up & down for about 7 weeks.

Just before Xmas the web site pictures were updated : The bright silver wheels replaced with bronze. Factory yellow calipers replaced with black. I inquired about the change and was told it was to "generate additional interest". They also jacked the price by over $6K, which has since come back down.

I inquired about returning the wheels & calipers back to the factory colors. I was told (today) the original wheels & calipers are still on the vehicle, but were powder coated in the new colors.

QUESTION : Is the dealership blowing smoke up my tailpipe ? WHY would they remove the wheels & calipers, powder-coat them, and reinstall them to "generate additional interest" ??

Personally, I think the bronze looks butt-ugly, but beauty is subjective.

Cheers!
In my car shopping experience I once asked three different employees what the history of a pre-owned car they had for sale was…. One said it was a recent trade, one said it came from BMW NA as some kind executive car and another said they bought it at an auction. The “auction” answer was probably closest to the truth.

Point being dealer sales people just want to answer the question and keep you engaged as they hope to generate enough interest to sell the car. Answering correctly is not the top priority 🤣

There is no accounting for taste, especially when it comes to super cars. Have you seen what dealers do to some Lamborghini’s? Crazy wheels, chrome wraps, colored mirror wraps. Geometric design
wraps and wings and spoilers like you’ve never seen….
The following users liked this post:
barrynk (01-29-2024)

Quick Reply: Dealership games