Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When does GM pull orders......

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 08:43 PM
Kbmwgt
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Redvette_22
Just so you know about what I buy there...over the past years I've bought more then 11 cars myself, two new Camaros, Equinox (one of which I gave my granddaughter, and even on the last 2023 that I pre-traded in (which I bought from them) I bought another car that day to get home and hold me over until the next Vette came in and that does not count the family members I brought in and they sold cars to...so they make enough money and they even contact me if a customer cancels a deal to see if I want that car which is there
Now with that further information such hypothesis as mine is moot.
Old 01-16-2024, 06:19 PM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I don't want to "slam" the dealer, but yesterday I went in to ask if I get my deposit back if I cancel my order (all this under the guidelines that my order is not picked up before I cancel) in any case, in a meeting with the General Manager and Used Car Manager (so I can ask if my pre-trade is still there...it was not) I was told it would not be an issue refunding my money, so I have an appointment this Friday...weather permitting at a dealer for a used C8 with not only all the options I was ordering, but actually $3,000+ more options, on which I left a $500 deposit. The issue with weather is the dealer is about 75 miles from me and I need a person to accompany me there to drive the 2nd car back, and we are also "on call" with our part time job so I have to wait to the last minute to be assured that Friday I will have another C8 (and I did not cancel the on order car yet). .
Old 01-17-2024, 07:57 AM
promethius
Burning Brakes

Received 381 Likes on 191 Posts

Something about this OP story, sounds a little fishy. But what the heck do I know. You would think after buying 5 Corvettes from the same dealer, he would have some sense about the ordering process and timetable. Then he decides he wants to drop the order, because he found another Corvette at another dealer, but he needs someone to go along with him to drive a car back and then he is not sure if he can make it, because he is on call for work. Strange story. Sorry just the former LEO coming out in me.....
Old 01-17-2024, 08:57 AM
qwazipsycho
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Kbmwgt
Now with that further information such hypothesis as mine is moot.
And there you go. Additional information never hurts.
Old 01-17-2024, 08:58 AM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by promethius
Something about this OP story, sounds a little fishy. But what the heck do I know. You would think after buying 5 Corvettes from the same dealer, he would have some sense about the ordering process and timetable. Then he decides he wants to drop the order, because he found another Corvette at another dealer, but he needs someone to go along with him to drive a car back and then he is not sure if he can make it, because he is on call for work. Strange story. Sorry just the former LEO coming out in me.....
Try not to read between the lines by not dissecting but not actually seeing something. What I mean by that is...that I understand the "time to order a car" and a good understanding of the allocation situation, but that is the issue here. The dealer, for what reason I do not know, and does not seem to want to tell me what number on the "Stingray" list I am at and how many allocations they still have. At that point I can estimate a delivery time provided no constraints are put on the car...but all that I can work with. The apparent attitude of the GM and used car manager not attempting to convince me to stay with them, and then the salesman, who I've only dealt with on each car, to not bother to call me to talk about the possible problem, has me looking to give my business to someone else. What would you do..??
Old 01-17-2024, 12:21 PM
Kbmwgt
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

If YOU feel ignored, neglected then go elsewhere.
Old 01-17-2024, 12:25 PM
Rapid Z
Safety Car

Received 3,606 Likes on 1,498 Posts

The Dealer will know tomorrow what they have available to order for the next consensus on January 25th
Old 01-18-2024, 04:43 AM
Sunny-Vettes
Instructor

Received 167 Likes on 79 Posts

Hi OP, agree with getting definitive info on 1/25. For me, the key to your post is that the dealer said it has “allocations,” yet it’s been “months.” This makes no sense. Either the dealer doesn’t have allocations or it is not giving you the allocations. I bet there are quite a number of dealers out there who appreciate your business. 5 cars is a lot. If you shop around, perhaps one will extend you some kind of deal.

Quick Reply: When does GM pull orders......