Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My dealer still wants $5k deposit+$750 over MSRP to order C8. Should I order from MM?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2023, 09:27 AM
lewislgZ06
NCM Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,936 Likes on 2,017 Posts
2021 Corvette of the Year - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Winner- Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

PM sent for local dealership that sells at MSRP.
Old 12-30-2023, 10:12 AM
seafordguy
Racer

Received 380 Likes on 190 Posts

Your dealer is out of touch.

I paid a 5k deposit when I bought mine from a local dealer, but that didn’t bother me. Was at MSRP, it was refundable and was 6 and one half dozen.

put my deposit down Fall of 2021
Old 12-30-2023, 10:14 AM
TensionED
Pro

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts

Lots of options for you so don't be forced into anything. I'm a fan of working with your dealer and not taking the add'l transportation fees. Also go to start a good relationship with their Tech for your PDI and future work. Sure MM was the way to go before as they got more cars and faster than everyone. That is not needed right now. Crazy how fast the mark ups stopped and inventory became available. Fell right off the cliff, I sure hope some flippers out there got sc**wed. ha ha
The following users liked this post:
drheim (01-08-2024)
Old 12-30-2023, 10:26 AM
Action Andy
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 60 Posts

Tell your dealer thanks but no thanks!! They are the dealers that are trying to catch someone making an impulse buy, one of the "I have to have it NOW guys". They don't have your best interest in hand and are just trying to screw people over. No reason in today's market do you need to pay over MSRP, unless you're a I have to have it now guy!!
Good luck and do the smart thing...
Old 12-30-2023, 02:03 PM
joeflylow
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Get it from MM

MacMulkin is the best dealership experience I have had! Picked up Rapid Blue coupe, 2LT, Z51 at the Museum on March 16, 2023.
The following users liked this post:
boomer76 (01-08-2024)
Old 12-30-2023, 02:18 PM
BasicMember
Racer

Received 136 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by joeflylow
MacMulkin is the best dealership experience I have had! Picked up Rapid Blue coupe, 2LT, Z51 at the Museum on March 16, 2023.
My local dealer has one with those same specs on the show room floor right now. Someone buy it so I can have the next allocation. I don't wish to go out of town to pick one up or have service done. If anyone is interested you can PM me.
Old 12-30-2023, 02:57 PM
N2TU
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 195 Likes on 105 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by bruno06
I ordered one month ago from MM. 3k down. Looks like February delivery. MSRP, fantastic communication.
MM is super to deal with...I have ordered my last three 'vettes from them...had courtesy deliveries...no worry transactions!

Peace of mind means a lot!
Old 12-30-2023, 03:23 PM
TensionED
Pro

Originally Posted by N2TU
MM is super to deal with...I have ordered my last three 'vettes from them...had courtesy deliveries...no worry transactions!

Peace of mind means a lot!
Where did you have the car dropped off at?
Old 12-30-2023, 03:47 PM
N2TU
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 195 Likes on 105 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by TensionED
Where did you have the car dropped off at?
Actually at 3 different dealers here in Central North Carolina. All were fine and treated me fairly. Park Chevrolet, Randy Marion and Flow Chevrolet. The determinant was who MM had relationship with.
Old 12-30-2023, 03:56 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,238 Likes on 3,471 Posts

If your dealer is handy (nearby), what is that worth to you. No one can answer that but you. I just hope they have some competent staff if you opt for them. All the best, in any event.
Old 12-30-2023, 04:03 PM
C5racecar
Drifting

Received 977 Likes on 471 Posts

Dealers will try anything to squeeze that last dollar. They plan and scheme on this every day. How much will the customer pay.
They are counting on the customer buying for emotional satisfaction. After all, we all are attached to our cars and know how much enjoyment a new car brings.

How could you not be affected. They know that and work it to get your money.

Just say no, make this totally a business deal. Don't give in because you want it now.
When it comes to your money, make it strictly a business decision. You won't regret that later.

Last edited by C5racecar; 01-01-2024 at 01:47 AM.
Old 12-30-2023, 05:05 PM
TensionED
Pro

Originally Posted by N2TU
Actually at 3 different dealers here in Central North Carolina. All were fine and treated me fairly. Park Chevrolet, Randy Marion and Flow Chevrolet. The determinant was who MM had relationship with.
Thanks I know them all. Might have to keep that in mind next time. Though Hendricks in Cary treated me wonderful.
Old 12-30-2023, 10:39 PM
bob118
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I'll be picking mine up at MM in the next week or two, ( Coupe, 2 LT, Arctic White, Black Interior, GT1 seats, Performance Exhaust, Mag Ride,Transparent Top, and 5 spoke Flash Wheels, Black Rockers and just the standard front splitter and spoiler flash painted) ) as it was delivered there this week supposedly. Put down the required $3,000 deposit in August and started out at #638 on the wait list. Have no idea what they have now for wait list if any. What seemed like a long wait really wasn't cause once the allocation came around it seemed
like every thing was flying by. And now here I am ready to pick it up and store it away for spring, but least I'll have a new car for the upcoming seasons. Everything has been spot on with MM and I don't have any complaints as of yet. I'm getting to the finish line and hope I see checkered flags for the finish. Good Luck but when in doubt give MM a call

Last edited by bob118; 12-30-2023 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Added Mag Ride
Old 01-08-2024, 01:47 AM
drheim
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks - I just worry about giving them $5k. I point blank asked him if the $5k gets a Purchase Agreement, etc. and he did not want to go into any details, Just worry that if they get an excuse to raise prices, like a GM price increase, they might say their dealership does not honor the GM price protection, etc. while they are holding on to my $5k. I doubt they would, but I just hate giving them that much, unless I have to. I am going to call them back this week and ask for details again.
Old 01-08-2024, 05:15 AM
TensionED
Pro

Originally Posted by bob118
I'll be picking mine up at MM in the next week or two, ( Coupe, 2 LT, Arctic White, Black Interior, GT1 seats, Performance Exhaust, Mag Ride,Transparent Top, and 5 spoke Flash Wheels, Black Rockers and just the standard front splitter and spoiler flash painted) ) as it was delivered there this week supposedly. Put down the required $3,000 deposit in August and started out at #638 on the wait list. Have no idea what they have now for wait list if any. What seemed like a long wait really wasn't cause once the allocation came around it seemed
like every thing was flying by. And now here I am ready to pick it up and store it away for spring, but least I'll have a new car for the upcoming seasons. Everything has been spot on with MM and I don't have any complaints as of yet. I'm getting to the finish line and hope I see checkered flags for the finish. Good Luck but when in doubt give MM a call
Congrats and nice to have something to look forward to now that there is no TB12 to watch in the playoffs (I'm still not used to it). Man it was hard to watch the PATS this year. Should be something exciting happening in Lower Central Mass this week too. ha ha
Old 01-08-2024, 05:19 AM
Mrchen
Racer

Received 378 Likes on 182 Posts

do not pay over MSRP and MacMulkin is always a fair deal
Old 01-08-2024, 05:19 AM
TensionED
Pro

Originally Posted by drheim
Thanks - I just worry about giving them $5k. I point blank asked him if the $5k gets a Purchase Agreement, etc. and he did not want to go into any details, Just worry that if they get an excuse to raise prices, like a GM price increase, they might say their dealership does not honor the GM price protection, etc. while they are holding on to my $5k. I doubt they would, but I just hate giving them that much, unless I have to. I am going to call them back this week and ask for details again.
Yea that's a lot and why I didn't use them (plus the extra shipping). They're number 1 for a reason, I'm sure you won't get hosed. That said the market has calmed WAY down so it isn't as important to use them anymore. I'm sure there are plenty of good dealers near you that can lock you in for $1,000 and get you an allocation just as fast if you feel more comfortable going that route.

Get notified of new replies

To My dealer still wants $5k deposit+$750 over MSRP to order C8. Should I order from MM?

Old 01-08-2024, 08:11 AM
trumanjd1
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by c-17loadvette
do not pay over msrp. I ordered mine in dec of this year and did not need a deposit. I offered and their answer was if you don't purchase the vehicle we will have no problem selling it. Also, the allocation and movement to 3300 was a matter of weeks. If mm doe not have allocations try other dealers, but under no circumstance should you pay over msrp. Last if you search the top dealers and smaller dealers you will find there are plenty currently on lots. I chose to order because i wanted the car in the fashion i chose.
shop around!!
Old 01-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Garret
Race Director

Received 990 Likes on 465 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by drheim
Dude, just go buy one off a lot, they are all over now....laugh at them and give them the finger.... IMO....
Old 01-08-2024, 09:27 AM
BasicMember
Racer

Received 136 Likes on 87 Posts

My local small town dealer had a 2lt on the floor when I walked in. I'm first on the list after it sells with no ADM and zero ransom money.

Spring will increase demand some but not like the last few years so shop around.

Quick Reply: My dealer still wants $5k deposit+$750 over MSRP to order C8. Should I order from MM?