Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to check tires pressure on the DIC in Tour Mode

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 06:34 PM
eurostyle
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Default How to check tires pressure on the DIC in Tour Mode

I try everything to no avail.
Old 09-08-2023, 06:49 PM
StormTrooper R
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 100 Posts

You can add tire pressure to the DIC by removing something else first. It will not let you add anything new to the left side of the display without removing an existing item.

I did it on mine and it works as expected.
The following 5 users liked this post by StormTrooper R:
Formula52 (09-09-2023), jmeyer58 (09-09-2023), johnodrake (09-08-2023), proeagles (09-12-2023), tadda (09-09-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 06:50 PM
FlyinLow
Pro

Received 237 Likes on 109 Posts

Yes, this is an issue. I brought this up a few months ago, normal GM cars and trucks when you scroll through the DIC you can pull up all kinds of info, tire pressures, trans temp, etc. But on the Corvette you are limited to the tiles on the left side.

Each drive mode has two tiles that you can customize (instructions are in the owners manual) except for Track mode which has 4 tiles. You can also set your display to 4 tiles in every mode and customize the tiles for each drive mode. One problem with that, when you have the 4 tiles showing, there is no way to see your odometer. They definitely missed some things. Like when you twist the headlight **** on the turn signal stalk to turn off the daytime running lights, on every other GM product I own I see a message telling me auto light control is off. If I twist it again it tells me its on. But the Corvette doesn't tell you anything, so if you are driving along and you turned off the DRL's for some reason and forget, you have no way of knowing if they are on or not if you forgot what you did.

I run my car in Mymode 99% of the time and with 2 tiles. I have oil temp and oil pressure. In the next drive mode, tour mode, I have the tire air pressures so if I want to see them, I can change to tour mode briefly, which is really kind of dumb when you think about it, but its the only workaround I have found. Would really like to take Harlan Charles and Tadge out for a ride and just arbitrarily ask them to check their tire pressure, how do they do it?
The following 3 users liked this post by FlyinLow:
El Paso Vette (09-09-2023), jmeyer58 (09-09-2023), pltmgr (09-08-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 10:31 PM
MistressMotorsports
Pro

Received 128 Likes on 62 Posts

If you put the display in weather mode, it's basically the same as tour mode, but the tire pressures show automatically.
The following users liked this post:
Red C8 of Jax (09-09-2023)
Old 09-09-2023, 08:59 AM
Didier9
Racer

Received 159 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyinLow
I run my car in Mymode 99% of the time and with 2 tiles. I have oil temp and oil pressure. In the next drive mode, tour mode, I have the tire air pressures so if I want to see them, I can change to tour mode briefly, which is really kind of dumb when you think about it, but its the only workaround I have found. Would really like to take Harlan Charles and Tadge out for a ride and just arbitrarily ask them to check their tire pressure, how do they do it?
I do almost the same. My car was configured to display tire pressure in the Weather mode, so I just briefly switch from MyMode to Weather when I want to check tire pressure, then go back to MyMode. I do not need it continuously displayed, so it woks fine for me.

Yes, I wish they had found room for a 3rd tile on the left part of the dash, but all the info is readily available, so it's a small gripe overall.
The following 2 users liked this post by Didier9:
El Paso Vette (09-09-2023), fastoy (09-09-2023)
Old 09-09-2023, 09:29 AM
tadda
Le Mans Master

Received 6,941 Likes on 2,673 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by StormTrooper R
You can add tire pressure to the DIC by removing something else first. It will not let you add anything new to the left side of the display without removing an existing item.

I did it on mine and it works as expected.
^this
Old 09-09-2023, 09:36 AM
/Bear/
Drifting

Received 1,530 Likes on 757 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist

I run in My Mode most of the time, and I have the DIC set to Track, so I have 4 tiles on the left. One of them is always tire pressure. If you want Tour Mode steering, suspension and/or brake feel, you can set up all that the way you want it in My Mode. You can also adjust Engine Sound, which I have to the loudest setting.

On the rare occasion I want to see the odometer, I change modes. Seeing tire pressures and temperatures is much more important.

Last edited by /Bear/; 09-09-2023 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:37 AM
RKCRLR
Le Mans Master

Received 6,197 Likes on 3,401 Posts

Originally Posted by Didier9
I do almost the same. My car was configured to display tire pressure in the Weather mode, so I just briefly switch from MyMode to Weather when I want to check tire pressure, then go back to MyMode. I do not need it continuously displayed, so it woks fine for me.

Yes, I wish they had found room for a 3rd tile on the left part of the dash, but all the info is readily available, so it's a small gripe overall.
I display my tire pressure all the time. Not because I think it is necessary (I would get a warning if the pressure went too low) but because I like to know the tire temperature.
Didier9 (09-09-2023)
Old 09-09-2023, 09:51 AM
Didier9
Racer

Received 159 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by RKCRLR
I display my tire pressure all the time. Not because I think it is necessary (I would get a warning if the pressure went too low) but because I like to know the tire temperature.
Yes, that may be a better indication that everything is OK and when you can push the car a bit. I like to see the oil temp for the same reason, so having only 2 tiles has me frustrated as well
Old 09-09-2023, 12:28 PM
tadda
Le Mans Master

Received 6,941 Likes on 2,673 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I have tire pressures setup to display in all drive modes...
StormTrooper R (09-12-2023)
Old 09-12-2023, 02:05 PM
eurostyle
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I did it.

But, I don't remember how.

Get notified of new replies

To How to check tires pressure on the DIC in Tour Mode

Quick Reply: How to check tires pressure on the DIC in Tour Mode