Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roll Call - August 7, 2023 - 3000 Status

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2023, 12:04 PM
rfkirk
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 491 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron_Attleboro_MA
THANKS RfKirk!!

I have my car now for 6 weeks. I really like your chart and statistics.
Too bad more people didn't send you their information.
Thanks for your efforts!

Ron
This process, while time consuming, has been a great distraction from my cars continued delays. I enjoy the comments and the PM exchanges that I've been having with many folks here. When my delays became apparent, I was initially both mad and disappointed, but as the issues surrounding 3800 holds and cars being surreptitiously transported to Michigan, I began to accept the delay in the hopes that GM would figure out the issue before my car rolls down the assembly line in BG. The delay is likely going to negatively affect my plans to go to BG with my two adult sons, but we'll figure that out once I have a TPW that sticks.

Thanks for the comments.

Bob
The following 2 users liked this post by rfkirk:
carllangford (11-19-2023), Ron_Attleboro_MA (11-17-2023)
Old 11-24-2023, 12:48 PM
rfkirk
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

The good news is that many of the 3800 hold cars and the cars held for the combo HTC/EAP (engine appearance package) have begun to see movement. Although not all the folks in those categories are happy yet. I received an unexpected email on Thanksgiving morning from Shane at the Museum telling me that my car will be built on 12/12 and that I should expect to be able to schedule a museum pickup two weeks after that date. Of course this means that the earliest I could schedule a pickup is during the Christmas holiday break at the factory (no tour). 33.3% of the reason I did a museum pickup was to have my sons and I get the factory tour, museum tour, and pickup the long awaited Corvette. At this point, I'm going to try to put off the pickup until after New Year so that we get the full value of the experience, but that also means potentially driving the car home during January....... more details to come.

Since the list is taking on a decided shade of green with all the deliveries, it makes the users/car that don't have any update even more obvious. I would love to get updates from the following folks:

3800 holds = @EC145Pilot @mp99 @PhaseC8 and @ZebraDude

HTC/EAP hold = @photon arbiter

No recent update = @Red9132 @Rock&Roll @StairStep @Villain C5 @YeloFevr @53Gary66 @Lewc2 @MichiganBD

I know several of you have sent me updates in the past two weeks, but I want to ensure I get your recent data so that the chart can fill in. Thanks. Bob

The following users liked this post:
Ron_Attleboro_MA (11-24-2023)
Old 11-24-2023, 01:43 PM
StairStep
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

0142 is at the dealer, getting some tweaks before it’s formally delivered, so I’m only status 5000 atm.
Old 11-24-2023, 01:47 PM
BGZQ8
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Can't wait to see it !
Old 11-24-2023, 02:53 PM
rfkirk
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by StairStep
0142 is at the dealer, getting some tweaks before it’s formally delivered, so I’m only status 5000 atm.
It won't be long!!!!!
Old 11-24-2023, 07:34 PM
VTUD
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Found out today that my Stingray HTC will be built the week of 12/11. I was at 3000 on my last update.
Old 12-01-2023, 11:48 AM
rfkirk
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Well folks the spreadsheet has started to look a lot greener with many folks no having received their cars or having their cars on the way to their dealership for pickup. I have tried to make the distinction between car in hand and car at the dealer or on the way to the dealer. IF the shaded green row extends the full length of the spreadsheet then typically the user has the car. IF the green shaded row only extends half way, then the cars whereabouts are known and a pickup is being scheduled. Unfortunately, there are still a few cars being held in 3800 purgatory in Michigan. The good news is that it is now fewer than we originally saw, but nonetheless we've already seen one car refused by the owner at the dealership due to a mechanical issue, one car refunded because the owner tired of waiting and suspected that the car was a lemon.

Additionally, all the cars formerly on hold for the combination of the HTC and the Engine Appearance Package have made considerable progress with some of them already picked up by the owner. Several more of us (me included) have made it to 3300 and/or 3400 and can see production coming up soon. In may case, the build is scheduled fro 12/12 and since I'm having Auto Armor take car of tint and PPF, I have pushed out the pickup to Jan 8th, so that my sons and I can get the factory tour, since it is closed between Christmas and New Years Day. I may end up with the distinction of being the last car delivered from the August allocation group......not an award I was expecting or looking for. So far, my VIN is the largest number on the spreadsheet although there are still a few other folks yet to get theirs.

I will continue to publish this spreadsheet until the last car is delivered. They sheet will continue to be posted on Fridays, until that happens. In the meantime, I encourage you to read post #1556 on the following thread - https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ussion-32.html The user @mspettel has built an incredible website to automate everything thing I've been doing with this spreadsheet since August. He has done 99% of the work and I gave him a bit of assistance and a copy of the spreadsheet to guide him. I applaud all his work on this still evolving website and look forward to future buyers of Corvette getting all the data (and more) of the spreadsheet without all of the hours spent trying to keep it updated. Take a look at it and register your own car and data to build up his inventory of car data.

CLICK ON IMAGE BELOW TO ENLARGE IT

Old 12-08-2023, 11:09 AM
rfkirk
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

As you can see, the spreadsheet is beginning to fill in very green, Unfortunately, there are still a couple of vehicles that appear to be stuck on 3800 hold and there are two of us that were stuck on the HTC and Engine Appearance Package hold, but seem to be moving forward now to 3300 and 3400 status. There are several dates of cars received and VIN's (last five digits) missing, so I've shaded those cells pinkish to distinguish them. Given that next week appears to be the last week of any TPW's for our cars, these updates are likely just a week or two away from being completed. Feel free to send me any missing or incorrect information and I'll update it for posterity's sake.

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE IT
Old 12-15-2023, 12:48 PM
rfkirk
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

The spreadsheet is taking one of its last breaths, but I will continue to publish it weekly until everyone has their Corvette. At this point, the last two of us that were on the HTC / Engine Appearance Package hold have been built. However, there are still four cars on an extended 3800 hold and/or in Michigan purgatory. Previously, I think there were eight on this hold, so progress has been made, but if you are one of the four remaining, then enough progress hasn't been reached yet. As you may have seen in a post of mine, my car was built on 12/13 and I've been invoiced by MacMulkin, but they don't expect any payment until the car has been officially shipped across the street to NCM.

If you have a field on the sheet shaded in pink, its because I will still need the date that the car makes its way into your hot little hands......

CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW TO INCREASE ITS SIZE
Old 12-15-2023, 01:02 PM
vabulldog
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 124 Posts

Love all that glorious green! Intercity is picking up my car early next week. I'm hoping for delivery by Wed, but should have it by the end of the week at the latest. Super excited and excited for your car as well @rfkirk. We all really appreciate your time and dedication!
Old 12-15-2023, 09:31 PM
Midlifegoals
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 75 Posts

This is helping me quite a bit as I just went to 2000 and expect to hit 3000 next week. Great to look at data to guess at when I might be driving my new car.
Old 12-16-2023, 10:34 AM
StairStep
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by rfkirk
the car makes its way into your hot little hands......
Made me spit my coffee! LOL Bob!

I’ll tell a hot little story. Got my HTC 12/7. Installed side skirts and rock guards. Took the wife to the mall to get some stocking stuffers. Took the top down at a light, cranked the heater, and cruised home. It was awesome. We passed a kid and his dad on a bike and the kid said something like “Look dad, that’s a cool car!” and that’s pretty much all I could ask for.
rfkirk (12-22-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 11:17 AM
rfkirk
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Technically I am a Corvette C8 owner after a four month wait after my allocation. I say technically since 1) I paid for it, 2) its insured, 3) no more paperwork to sign, 4) no more going to the MM website every Monday and hitting refresh until the latest status shows up, 5) no more using the stupid Chevrolet chat function and saying "NO" so that they connect a human who has better information about the car than my old Magic 8 Ball, and 6) no more waiting eagerly for the email from Chevrolet for an update (never got one). However, my car is visiting with Rudy at Auto Armor in Bowling Green being treated like the princess she is. I will going on my first date with her on Monday Jan 8th at the Museum.

As for the spreadsheet, it sure is looking green these days, with a few notable exceptions. I will continue to update the sheet on Friday until every last one of us has our cars. There are three cars that are on the cusp of being delivered to @photon arbiter @mras350b2 and @yat Additionally, we still have four users/car that are in 3800 hold and/or are in Michigan. Until I hear otherwise from all these folks, it appears that their cars are still kidnapped, they are @ZebraDude @PhaseC8 @mp99 and @YeloFevr

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year to everyone!

CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO ENLARGE IT

carllangford (12-22-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 01:03 PM
ZebraDude
Cruising

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Well funny thing, I just got texted by my dealer rep at Bachman (Louisville, KY) a few minutes ago. He advised that as of yesterday, my car was moved from where it was to a Jack Cooper Transport location. 'If I'm reading this correctly it should just be waiting on a truck to deliver to us.' (meaning the dealership).

Looking like some time after New Years, early January given that I expect this close to Christmas and New Year's everything kind of just locks down everywhere business wise.

Pretty cool news.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone on here if I don't surface again until I'm in pocket with the car/pictures!

Chris
rfkirk (12-22-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 01:20 PM
mras350b2
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Technically I am a Corvette C8 owner after a four month wait after my allocation. I say technically since 1) I paid for it, 2) its insured, 3) no more paperwork to sign, 4) no more going to the MM website every Monday and hitting refresh until the latest status shows up, 5) no more using the stupid Chevrolet chat function and saying "NO" so that they connect a human who has better information about the car than my old Magic 8 Ball, and 6) no more waiting eagerly for the email from Chevrolet for an update (never got one). However, my car is visiting with Rudy at Auto Armor in Bowling Green being treated like the princess she is. I will going on my first date with her on Monday Jan 8th at the Museum.

As for the spreadsheet, it sure is looking green these days, with a few notable exceptions. I will continue to update the sheet on Friday until every last one of us has our cars. There are three cars that are on the cusp of being delivered to @photon arbiter @mras350b2 and @yat Additionally, we still have four users/car that are in 3800 hold and/or are in Michigan. Until I hear otherwise from all these folks, it appears that their cars are still kidnapped, they are @ZebraDude @PhaseC8 @mp99 and @YeloFevr

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year to everyone!

CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO ENLARGE IT

Well just got an email that my car is prepped and clean waiting on Intercity to schedule me in. It most likely be after the 1st of January and that's ok. I'm one happy camper. Here it is comfortably waiting to come home.

rfkirk (12-22-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 03:20 PM
carllangford
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by mras350b2
Well just got an email that my car is prepped and clean waiting on Intercity to schedule me in. It most likely be after the 1st of January and that's ok. I'm one happy camper. Here it is comfortably waiting to come home.
I know that exact feeling, and it's kinda fun to watch the car travel to you through the app.
mras350b2 (12-22-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 04:00 PM
rfkirk
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Beautiful car! No doubt you will enjoy after the wait. Merry Christmas!
mras350b2 (12-22-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To Roll Call - August 7, 2023 - 3000 Status

Old 12-29-2023, 11:25 AM
rfkirk
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

No changes reported to me since last week. Still waiting for updates from @photon arbiter and @Yat As well as the folks stuck at 3800 hold @YeloFevr @mp99 @PhaseC8 and @ZebraDude

Old 01-03-2024, 10:25 PM
rfkirk
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

You get that car yet?
Old 01-04-2024, 06:01 AM
mras350b2
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

You get that car yet?
No, still waiting on Intercity to work me in. Ugh!!!

Quick Reply: Roll Call - August 7, 2023 - 3000 Status