Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 center stack switch LED brightness

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2024, 10:41 AM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,548 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

They can be hard to see in bright sunlight, but you can always use the touch screen as well.....
Old 02-26-2024, 10:56 AM
Old Yellow
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Cordes
In general I can see the LED lights on the "wall" except for the seat cooling fan. I wear sunglasses that block blue light, so the blue dots are harder to see than the others. Putting my hand over it to shade the button allows me to visualize how many dots are lit.
This is my only problem with the wall of buttons, and occasionally the seat heater lights. But I totally love the wall. If my passenger doesn't like the confinement, fine, so be it.

The radio and climate control has always been at the driver's discretion. They passenger has two buttons on the bottom of the wall to make themselves comfortable.

The wall of buttons, and the square wheel are found on no other cars; they make the Vette unique. That's reason enough to keep them. When people look inside the car and see the wall they say, "It looks like a fighter plane cockpit." I just don't understand why some people don't like it. I have a feeling it just might set a new trend.

Now in my eighties, I remember being put off by bucket seats and consoles because my girlfriend couldn't sit next to me with her arm around me. Now you can't find a bench seat in any vehicles, not even pickup trucks.

Tadge, "KEEP UP THAT WALL."

Ed
The following users liked this post:
mefly2 (02-26-2024)

Quick Reply: C8 center stack switch LED brightness