Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Brand Quality Manager

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2023, 09:33 AM
pistolpete817
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Corvette Brand Quality Manager

Jeff Strausser has been Corvette Brand Quality Manager for several years. He is now on vacation until he retires at the end of the month.
Does anyone have a name and contact info for the new quality manager?

Popular Reply

06-05-2023, 12:33 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Originally Posted by impalaz
So they say.
I spent two days with Jeff at the April Bash he told me he took the buy out offer and was done at the end of June. He introduced me to his replacement Lane Rezek. Jeff has helped me with Corvette problems here at the dealership I work for. Sorry to see him leave.
Old 06-04-2023, 12:41 PM
Rapid Z
Safety Car

Received 3,606 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by pistolpete817
Jeff Strausser has been Corvette Brand Quality Manager for several years. He is now on vacation until he retires at the end of the month.
Does anyone have a name and contact info for the new quality manager?
Good riddance! another un helpful GM *****! Absolutely worthless when I had an issue years back.
Old 06-05-2023, 07:59 AM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Received 2,529 Likes on 1,608 Posts

Why did they fire the quality manager I wonder.
They didn’t fire him. He retired.
The following users liked this post:
tadda (06-05-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 10:49 AM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

So they say.
Considering that he has worked at GM since the 80s in managerial roles and he is in his 60s I think it's more than just a guess that he actually retired. I retired at 55. No need for conspiracy theories.
DebRedZR1 (06-06-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 11:34 AM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Going on vacation instead of leading the transition to the incoming manager usual means fired. Having worked for GM the writing is on the wall.
I worked for UPS for 35+ years. In our retirement year we could save our vacations, take the time off before our actual retirement date, and my last day was seven weeks before my actual retirement date. I got paid my full salary for those seven weeks and then my pension checks started. This isn't an uncommon practice in large corporations.

We can agree to disagree that he is actually retiring.
The following 3 users liked this post by Fast Dawg:
hamster_C8 (06-06-2023), spireland (06-05-2023), tadda (06-05-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 11:59 AM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

One of the five thousand that took the voluntary separation package that was offered this year. Those accepting the package have to depart by the end of the month.

One month of pay for every year of service, up to 12 months. So for someone with a lot of seniority and contemplating retirement, this was a nice spiff.
DebRedZR1 (06-06-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 12:33 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

So they say.
I spent two days with Jeff at the April Bash he told me he took the buy out offer and was done at the end of June. He introduced me to his replacement Lane Rezek. Jeff has helped me with Corvette problems here at the dealership I work for. Sorry to see him leave.
The following 10 users liked this post by Corvette ED:
DebRedZR1 (06-06-2023), Fast Dawg (06-05-2023), Formula52 (06-06-2023), Kracka (06-05-2023), mefly2 (06-05-2023), mracer14 (06-06-2023), RonC7 (06-05-2023), spireland (06-05-2023), tadda (06-05-2023), tractman (06-05-2023) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-05-2023, 12:45 PM
Rapid Z
Safety Car

Received 3,606 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Sure glad to hear he helped someone unfortunately it wasn't me. My 2015 was in the shop a dozen times with A8 transmission issues. The Dealer wanted to replace it and he refused to authorize it. I ended up having to sell the car because of him.
Old 06-05-2023, 12:46 PM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Where do you find this information, thank you.
Originally Posted by Corvette ED
There goes the conspiracy theory.
tadda (06-05-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 12:54 PM
SneedFeedAndSeed
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Dawg
There goes the conspiracy theory.
A buyout is in essence a firing...
Old 06-05-2023, 01:18 PM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by SneedFeedAndSeed
GM offered nearly their entire U.S. salaried workforce, with more than five years of service, the VSP.
Fast Dawg (06-05-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 02:26 PM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by SneedFeedAndSeed
That is incorrect. I'm a retired HR Manager. It's much more complicated than that because of laws.

Originally Posted by acrace
GM offered nearly their entire U.S. salaried workforce, with more than five years of service, the VSP.
VSP stands for Voluntary Separation Plan. A VSP must be offered to a specific audience based on certain protocol so it cannot violate anti-discrimination laws and company pension requirements. I managed a ERO/VSP program in 1995 for the district where I worked - 7000 employees. The ERO - Early Retirement Program - was for people 50 years of age or over who had 25 years of service. That program offered them the benefits of the VSP we offered plus they could retire early, take a reduced pension, and get full medical benefits until they qualified for Medicare. The VSP offered was a certain dollar amount for any FT Management employee based on their years of service. It did not give them an early retirement benefit or medical coverage because they did not qualify.

In 2010 I was one of two people from HR who took part in the largest management workforce reduction in our company history. We reduced from 52 operating districts and six region offices to 21 operating districts and three region offices. Me and another HR Manager redesigned how the HR function would operate in the new environment. When our work was complete we offered a separation plan to any management person who wanted to leave and we also offered an early retirement program.

The non-believers here are essentially calling @Corvette ED, who personally knew this man and worked with him, a liar.
Corvette ED (06-07-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 03:30 PM
BPHORSEGUY
Melting Slicks

Location: SUFFIELD CT USA 2023 C8 CORVETTE UN-MODIFIED FINALIST
Received 655 Likes on 351 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I worked for UPS for 35+ years. In our retirement year we could save our vacations, take the time off before our actual retirement date, and my last day was seven weeks before my actual retirement date. I got paid my full salary for those seven weeks and then my pension checks started. This isn't an uncommon practice in large corporations.

We can agree to disagree that he is actually retiring.
Common practice!
Fast Dawg (06-05-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 04:08 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I'll say that because of legal issues, and fed plus local agencies that began watching pretty carefully beginning in the '80s, there are dozens of ways of "reduction of workforce"---all legal. And the reason and logic runs the gamut from red ink, problems with specific groups or individuals, to desire to reduce the older workforce and bring in less-expensive (read: cheaper) personnel. Or, it could be simply computers taking over bodies doing work, even in the office not just the factory floor. I won't even touch the "union" issue(s), the age discimination issue, gender, color, etc. Those are both part, and separate from the above.

I called it, "de-hiring" which is a cute way of saying, firing. We don't know the reason but, while it may be a negative connotation for one person in Quality leaving, it's not impossible that some people were "let go" and senior management was glad to see them leave.

The most benign "workforce reduction" I saw was the yearly firing or handing out of "programs to de-hire" folks. It was good for the entire co's. bottom line, helped individual departments and divisions make their annual numbers, etc. AND they got rid of a lot of poor performers. Then brought on new hires that were ready to go, and work for their pay.
Old 06-05-2023, 04:28 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Early retirements preceding Corvette becoming a separate entity has the appearance of a major shakeup in management. With so many quality control problems it isn't surprising that the quality manager was allowed to retire without trying to retain him. I thought this restatement was in order.
I can tell you have never meet Jeff just by the ridiculous statements you keep posting on here? Do you also know that Kai Spande the Corvette plant manager also announced he took the buyout and is retiring? Many of the GM people I deal with across various car, truck, and fleet lines are all taking the buyout. What year Corvette do you own?
The following 4 users liked this post by Corvette ED:
DebRedZR1 (06-06-2023), Fast Dawg (06-06-2023), mracer14 (06-06-2023), tadda (06-05-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 12:55 PM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Going on vacation instead of leading the transition to the incoming manager usual means fired. Having worked for GM the writing is on the wall.
Nothing I've said is ridiculous and my contentions are backed up by others who've been left holding the bag. It's common knowledge that if GM can escape responsibility they surely will being an insider I'm sure you would prefer spinning it differently.

I'll own a 2023 by the end of summer if that matters does a person have to buy in to express an opinion. But looking at all the quality issues it makes me wonder if it's a wise choice so keep at it I'm looking for an excuse not to.
First you post that you have worked for GM. Then you call @Corvette ED an "insider" who wants to "spin" what GM is doing. I've owned many GM vehicles over my lifetime and they have never tried to "escape responsibility" with me so I don't know where you get the "common knowledge" thing. If you are looking for an excuse not to buy a C8 and want us to "keep at it I'm looking for an excuse not to" then don't buy one. This is a very good forum and the members here give out some very good information. We certainly don't need someone who makes statements like you are making and many here have debunked them.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fast Dawg:
Corvette ED (06-07-2023), tadda (06-06-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 01:49 PM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Thanks to the Admin who removed the troll.
The following 4 users liked this post by Fast Dawg:
1__more (06-06-2023), Corvette ED (06-07-2023), DebRedZR1 (06-06-2023), tadda (06-06-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 01:53 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,626 Likes on 1,745 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Thanks to the Admin who removed the troll.
it’s always best to hit REPORT so we can find them faster
Jeff retired, he was always helpful to me and people I referred to him. If I worked at the General and was close to retirement it was a very generous package!

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 06-06-2023 at 01:59 PM.
Corvette ED (06-07-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 02:11 PM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
it’s always best to hit REPORT so we can find them faster
Jeff retired, he was always helpful to me and people I referred to him. If I worked at the General and was close to retirement it was a very generous package!
I did hit report........I'm not ashamed to report an obvious troll. I just hope he can't get back in using another screen name.

Large companies who offer these types of packages are obviously doing it to reduce cost. Management reductions always reduce operating costs and people are the most expensive line item on any company's bottom line. Contrary to what some people think they are never targeted at a specific individual or a group of individuals for poor performance, etc........ A couple of years ago the company I retired from outsourced our entire HR department and only kept a group in our Corporate office to manage the companies who now do that work. That was a huge cost reduction considering the number of people they replaced.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fast Dawg:
Corvette ED (06-07-2023), DebRedZR1 (06-06-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Brand Quality Manager

Quick Reply: Corvette Brand Quality Manager