Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

24 miles on the car- has a bad transmission

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2023, 01:22 PM
carllangford
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapid HTC
Most states have the 30 day out of service clause.
I just looked up New Hampshire, where MacMulkin is located. 30 days out of service there also, https://www.doj.nh.gov/consumer/sour.../lemon-law.htm. Big question would be how to handle such an event from several states south from there.
Old 05-22-2023, 04:23 PM
Mrvett
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts

I would like to update everyone on the transmission issue. I went to the dealer for my friend and spoke with the technician. He showed me what was wrong. He started up the car and we could see the fluid just coming out of the transmission casing. This is the same issue we had a couple of years ago.
Old 06-29-2023, 09:09 PM
OldSalt97
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrvett
I'm making this post for a friend of mine who is not a member of our forum. I talked him into trading in his 2021 coupe for a 2023 HTC . He waited the normal time and picked up his car 2 1/2 weeks ago. He put the car in his garage. The car had only 24 miles on the odometer. He then went on a short vacation. On his return, he discovered that there was transmission oil all over his garage floor.

He brought the car to the dealer and was told that the transmission is leaking from both the front and the back. The service department said they were going to send in an engineer to check out the car. it’s been over a week and no one has shown up yet.

GM, if you are reading this post, what is happening to the Quality Control at the plant? Is GM just concentrating on the Z06 and E-Ray Corvettes and forgetting about the stingray owners?

I will update everyone as things unfold.
You can call GM Corporate customer service and expect lain what’s going on.
Old 06-30-2023, 11:18 AM
undecided1965
Burning Brakes

Received 501 Likes on 299 Posts
Default Quite unacceptable

Originally Posted by Mrvett
I would like to update everyone on the transmission issue. I went to the dealer for my friend and spoke with the technician. He showed me what was wrong. He started up the car and we could see the fluid just coming out of the transmission casing. This is the same issue we had a couple of years ago.
GM needs to hold whomever is in charge of the DCT program responsible.
Old 06-30-2023, 01:23 PM
dohabandit
Melting Slicks

Received 1,480 Likes on 825 Posts

Call me crazy, but couldn't they perform some sort of hydrostatic test? Pressurize the tcase and look for pressure drop?
Old 06-30-2023, 01:56 PM
RKCRLR
Le Mans Master

Received 6,300 Likes on 3,458 Posts

Originally Posted by dohabandit
Call me crazy, but couldn't they perform some sort of hydrostatic test? Pressurize the tcase and look for pressure drop?
The time to tool up to plug the openings, do the test, remove the tooling, and dry the case probably doesn't justify the cost for the minimal number of cases that have casting problems. And it still wouldn't catch seals damaged during installation, etc.
Old 06-30-2023, 03:39 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,107 Likes on 721 Posts

Could quality control be suffering while manufacturers are begging for parts from third parties during the recent supply chain issues? Naaaahhh.....

Quick Reply: 24 miles on the car- has a bad transmission