Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWE Track Exhaust Installed Today - Lots of Vids

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2023, 03:07 PM
yell03
Safety Car

Received 479 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Peaven
The sounds from your last clip are eargasmic, well done.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by SMOKN C8
good luck 👍🏻🍀
Vids coming in a few minutes, however...

Drone zone pic of wife vs non drone zone pic of wife

Drone zone pic of wife

Not in the drone zone pic of wife

Dog staring at me while I paddle shift, yes, he has big ears, but doesn't mind drone zone

The following users liked this post:
DHDCF (03-27-2023)
Old 03-25-2023, 03:10 PM
yell03
Safety Car

Old 03-25-2023, 03:22 PM
yell03
Safety Car

Review of 110 mile cruise on highway with AWE Track Exhaust - rainy day, windows up

After an hour the 1400-1600 rpm cruise sound was starting to get to me, it is not as bad a drone as 2500-3000rpms, but it can wear on you.
It actually bothered me, my wife didn't mind it.
For the next hour I put it in manual mode and left it in 7th gear, from 1700rpms-2200rpms it is perfect, no drone.
My wife agreed it was better in 7th.

In the video up above in manual mode, it sounds louder than the 1400-1600rpm highway cruise vids, but that is not correct, it is much more comfortable.

My opinion, I love the exhaust and am willing to use manual mode on the highway to make it comfortable.
Around town it sounds like the gates of hell have opened, it turns the car from nice to extra special.

I would only recommend this exhaust to true gear heads, it is very loud, make no mistake about it.
Before I figured out about cruising in 7th on the highway, I actually thought about adding the touring mufflers.

If you don't want to be bothered working around the drone zones, go with the AWE Touring exhaust.
If you drive on the highway daily for an hour, go with the AWE Touring.

If you want the most badazz sounding car cruising around town, get the AWE Track.
I have owned many high performance cars, cams, headers, straight pipes, etc...

The C8 with AWE Track is in the top 3 loudest and wildest sounding of them all.

The following 3 users liked this post by yell03:
Aaron Rittenhouse (03-25-2023), DHDCF (03-27-2023), lion shf (03-26-2023)
Old 03-25-2023, 04:28 PM
Triple Black 88
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Nice review, I heard this exhaust at Carlisle at the infamous "Exhaust Row" and it does sound great! I'm on the fence between this one and the Borla ATAK. I have a Z51 so I'd like to retain the valves but it is double the price so there's that. Just curious, did you consider the Borla ATAK and if so (other than the cost) what were the deciding factors? Sounds great though! BTW, I see you're in Bucks Co, are you going to the Main Line Cars & Coffee tomorrow (3/26) in Bryn Mawr?
Old 03-25-2023, 04:44 PM
Innovated
Racer

Received 233 Likes on 144 Posts

So the touring version of the Awe produces almost zero drone , correct ?
Old 03-25-2023, 04:50 PM
yell03
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Triple Black 88
Nice review, I heard this exhaust at Carlisle at the infamous "Exhaust Row" and it does sound great! I'm on the fence between this one and the Borla ATAK. I have a Z51 so I'd like to retain the valves but it is double the price so there's that. Just curious, did you consider the Borla ATAK and if so (other than the cost) what were the deciding factors? Sounds great though! BTW, I see you're in Bucks Co, are you going to the Main Line Cars & Coffee tomorrow (3/26) in Bryn Mawr?
I've had Borlas on some of my other Vettes and it always left me wanting more, but I never had the ATAK.
The fact that the ATAK retains the valves is cool, but I just like the simple set it and forget it aspect of the AWE Track.
However, on the highway the ability to close the valves would have been nice, but I don't know if the ATAK is as nasty as the AWE Track.
I can't lie, the price of the Borla is a bit much. I know, if you can afford the car you can afford the exhaust, but at $5K that is too much of a risk if I don't like it.
For $2K the AWE was worth the risk, especially considering for $800 more I could add the Touring Mufflers if it was too loud.
I could have bought The Touring and then spent $300 to change it to the Track if it was too quiet.
I am probably going to hang out down the shore tomorrow, heck I am already here.
I don't usually do cars and coffee, I just like to drive the thing.
If you want to meet up to hear it, let me know.
My business is in NE Philly and I am only 30 minutes from there in Bucks.
Old 03-25-2023, 04:53 PM
yell03
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Innovated
So the touring version of the Awe produces almost zero drone , correct ?
They claim no drone and I believe it.
If you don't want a LOUD car, go Touring.
The Track is very loud.

Here are two more videos of if driving around town to give you an idea:

Innovated (03-25-2023)
Old 03-26-2023, 10:18 AM
iwantaz06now
Melting Slicks

Received 165 Likes on 132 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

If you want no drone u need to do a four valved option. If you rarely go into four cylinder mode and you want to save a few dollars, do a catback with npp valves and not afm valves.
Old 03-26-2023, 11:37 AM
yell03
Safety Car

Here are two of my best videos taken today - Cold Start and Accelerating with Top Down

I think this is enough vids for anyone to make a decision.
Personally, I want you guys to buy the Touring or some other brand, I want to have the most badazz sounding C8 on the forum, lol

Old 03-26-2023, 12:41 PM
Peaven
Burning Brakes

Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by yell03
Here are two of my best videos taken today - Cold Start and Accelerating with Top Down

I think this is enough vids for anyone to make a decision.
Personally, I want you guys to buy the Touring or some other brand, I want to have the most badazz sounding C8 on the forum, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZEKFMyru2U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx5G7kEEnoE
AWE should pay you a commission, the 2nd video is as good of a sales pitch as I've heard. Bad. ***.
Old 03-26-2023, 12:59 PM
yell03
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Peaven
AWE should pay you a commission, the 2nd video is as good of a sales pitch as I've heard. Bad. ***.
Truth is, the videos do not do it justice.
It is a raucous sounding car. The sound does justice to the car's looks.
I really was not happy with the NPP exhaust, it was too tame, this new exhaust makes this one of my favorite cars I have ever driven.
I actually might like driving it as much or more than my Porsche.
Don't get me wrong, the Porsche will obliterate it in terms of performance and the Porsche sounds great also, but this car with this exhaust sounds better.
This exhaust is not for everybody, but for those that can't handle it, get the Touring, if it sounds anywhere close to this it will be amazing.
Peaven (03-26-2023)
Old 03-26-2023, 01:55 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,574 Likes on 2,166 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Glad you like it. I thought you would. It is not for the faint of heart. I find myself paddle shifting all the time, with the rear window down. It is much louder than the videos depict. Being in control with the paddles keeps you out of that 3 grand, drone zone. I love it.
Old 03-26-2023, 02:45 PM
yell03
Safety Car

Originally Posted by capevettes
Glad you like it. I thought you would. It is not for the faint of heart. I find myself paddle shifting all the time, with the rear window down. It is much louder than the videos depict. Being in control with the paddles keeps you out of that 3 grand, drone zone. I love it.
Thanks for all your help!
capevettes (03-26-2023)
Old 03-26-2023, 10:06 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,448 Likes on 14,054 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

New exhaust sounds really good.
Old 03-26-2023, 10:10 PM
yell03
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
New exhaust sounds really good.
Thanks, I am much happier with it than stock.
Old 03-26-2023, 11:25 PM
Ice9812
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 75 Posts

Thanks, I am much happier with it than stock.

exhaust sounds good.
I had a 22 with the AWE track exhaust and I agree that it’s one of the best sounding exhaust for the C8 as long as you don’t want valve control. After a few months of driving around I wanted more, I felt like I got used to the sound. I sold the 22 when my 23 came in and I ordered the track exhaust again and I also added the Corsa high flow cats. The sport cats really take it to the next level with the AWE track exhaust. I know videos are hard to get a feel but here’s a cold start. The cold start is insanely loud in person but after it calms down the sport cats and track exhaust really gives it a unique sound… don’t mind the ugly chrome tips… I’m still waiting for the black ones from AWE
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0826.MOV (15.06 MB, 20 views)
Old 03-27-2023, 07:55 AM
yell03
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Ice9812
exhaust sounds good.
I had a 22 with the AWE track exhaust and I agree that it’s one of the best sounding exhaust for the C8 as long as you don’t want valve control. After a few months of driving around I wanted more, I felt like I got used to the sound. I sold the 22 when my 23 came in and I ordered the track exhaust again and I also added the Corsa high flow cats. The sport cats really take it to the next level with the AWE track exhaust. I know videos are hard to get a feel but here’s a cold start. The cold start is insanely loud in person but after it calms down the sport cats and track exhaust really gives it a unique sound… don’t mind the ugly chrome tips… I’m still waiting for the black ones from AWE
Sounds great.
There is no way I will want more than the exhaust in its current state. You probably said the same thing.
Do you find you manual shift more to avoid drone zones on the highway..
I know I manually shift more just to make the exhaust sing around town.
Do you notice the Corsa cats actually reduce the drone?
The chrome tips actually look great also, my wife loves them.
When the black ones arrive it will be a nice comparison as to which look better.

Get notified of new replies

To AWE Track Exhaust Installed Today - Lots of Vids

Old 03-27-2023, 09:11 AM
Ice9812
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 75 Posts

Sounds great.
There is no way I will want more than the exhaust in its current state. You probably said the same thing.
Do you find you manual shift more to avoid drone zones on the highway..
I know I manually shift more just to make the exhaust sing around town.
Do you notice the Corsa cats actually reduce the drone?
The chrome tips actually look great also, my wife loves them.
When the black ones arrive it will be a nice comparison as to which look better.
I said the same thing but I went to the Lancaster super car cruise and I heard a C8 coming in that sounded really good and I talked with the guy and he had a paragon track exhaust with sport cats so that’s what sold me on getting the sport cats

I’ve only put about 300 miles on the car since putting the cats on but today I drove down to Doylestown to get something done and the drone wasn’t bad. But I was the same way manually shifting to heat the exhaust pops last summer

I had the black tips on the 22 and there’s no doubt the black look better for me. Especially with the Arctic White and carbon flash accents. I actually bought some black carbon fiber tips from paragon to hold me over until the black tips come from AWE.
Old 03-27-2023, 09:54 AM
90sundevil
Melting Slicks

Received 745 Likes on 379 Posts

I have the AWE track exhaust and love it.
Old 03-27-2023, 02:18 PM
yell03
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Ice9812
I said the same thing but I went to the Lancaster super car cruise and I heard a C8 coming in that sounded really good and I talked with the guy and he had a paragon track exhaust with sport cats so that’s what sold me on getting the sport cats

I’ve only put about 300 miles on the car since putting the cats on but today I drove down to Doylestown to get something done and the drone wasn’t bad. But I was the same way manually shifting to heat the exhaust pops last summer

I had the black tips on the 22 and there’s no doubt the black look better for me. Especially with the Arctic White and carbon flash accents. I actually bought some black carbon fiber tips from paragon to hold me over until the black tips come from AWE.
Send me some pics after you put the Black Tips on.
I was just in Doylestown for the last hour.
Driving the car in Track Mode leaving the car shift itself is amazing, almost as good as track mode around town.

Originally Posted by 90sundevil
I have the AWE track exhaust and love it.
I heard you start from almost 3000 miles away, lol
90sundevil (03-28-2023)

Quick Reply: AWE Track Exhaust Installed Today - Lots of Vids