Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 waitlist Canada 4+ years Any advice on C8 alternatives?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2023, 11:51 AM
progtp
Burning Brakes

Received 1,376 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by f1rob
The OP is located on the West Coast - shipping from the GTA will be approx $5-6K in a closed trailer. My experience locally is that dealers have been instructed to not accept "reservations", and certainly no deposits or orders. That may change as supply catches up to the demand.

Importing from the U.S. is not a great option either, as we get killed with the exchange rate - great for U.S. buyers importing from Canada.

Befriend a local dealer and stay on their case.....
HOLY COW! I had no idea shipping from Toronto to BC was that high!! That's crazy!
Old 02-13-2023, 07:28 PM
Netsinah
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by progtp
HOLY COW! I had no idea shipping from Toronto to BC was that high!! That's crazy!
I've shipped vehicles across Canada by train several times w/o problem and it's much cheaper than an enclosed trailer, however admittedly the enclosed trailer is the best transport mode that ++ minimizes the chance of damage and is usually faster, since vehicles in train yards can wait on a rail car waiting to be unloaded. However if you're able to find/drive a C8 sooner by transporting it from wherever you've purchased it (assuming driving it home isn't an option) it's well worth it, IMO, if it's the difference between MSRP and a big ADM. Good luck to everyone getting a C8!
Old 02-16-2023, 01:36 AM
formulaWA
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks for all the suggestions.

This is an excellent community to pose a question to. I have been through Bowling Green 12 times (my inlaws live just outside Nashville) and everytime I go through I think about walking my Corvette down the assembly line so that kinda rules out a used C8.

I will take some of the advice for faster dealers and see what wait times they are looking at and reluctantly consider some suggestions made for C8 alternatives.....

Quick Reply: C8 waitlist Canada 4+ years Any advice on C8 alternatives?