Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger door button stuck

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2022, 08:18 AM
00hotvette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Passenger door button stuck

I took a friend for a ride and my new Vette over a month ago. When he tried to get out of the passenger door the button got jammed up inside the door. The car is in 2022 HTC. Now the annoying problem is while the car is unlocked the passenger window is indexing up and down until the door locks. I went to the dealership and for some reason they're ordering an entire new door card instead of just the button itself. Well I just got a call from the dealership yesterday said the part is in but I cannot bring it in for servicing until January 17th.

What is the odds that this is going to happen again. Did GM parts supplier fix this issue. Other than that it's been a great car.
Old 12-20-2022, 08:48 AM
Andybump
Le Mans Master

Received 3,813 Likes on 2,264 Posts

Odds of it happening again are low - based on the fact that reports of this problem on the forum are rare.
Old 12-20-2022, 04:52 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,238 Likes on 3,471 Posts

Odds? How many others have noted this issue here (btw, I've seen none to date). You think this is bad (and, I'm NO fan of GM quality control), check out Ford CEO's recent comments about their QC issues, roughly twice as bad as GM's.
Old 12-25-2022, 09:34 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

It’s dealer time
Old 12-26-2022, 07:03 PM
Rapid Z
Safety Car

Received 3,606 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I remember one other on the forum that this happened to in the last year. I also remember the rotary mode switch on someone’s car just fell into the center console.

Last edited by Rapid Z; 12-26-2022 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-26-2022, 07:06 PM
Smith_Ioibe
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00hotvette
I took a friend for a ride and my new Vette over a month ago. When he tried to get out of the passenger door the button got jammed up inside the door. The car is in 2022 HTC. Now the annoying problem is while the car is unlocked the passenger window is indexing up and down until the door locks. I went to the dealership and for some reason they're ordering an entire new door card instead of just the button itself. Well I just got a call from the dealership yesterday said the part is in but I cannot bring it in for servicing until January 17th.

What is the odds that this is going to happen again. Did GM parts supplier fix this issue. Other than that it's been a great car.
I think you should contact ur dealer
Old 12-26-2022, 07:59 PM
oldC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 735 Posts

Originally Posted by 00hotvette

Happened to me twice third time my daughter pressed to hard button fell off into door panel . Dealer ordered new door panel arrived in two days. All good now.
Old 12-26-2022, 10:15 PM
4camV8
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 120 Posts

My drivers side door has this “stuck button” issue currently. I’m not in any hurry to get it taken care of and want to minimize/combine dealer visits when possible so I’m waiting until I do my free fluid/filter services and will have it fixed (or at least parts ordered) then. In the meantime I lock the doors as quickly as possible to keep the window from jumping and use the ER floor lever to exit the cockpit….

Get notified of new replies

To Passenger door button stuck

Quick Reply: Passenger door button stuck